Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Just read that top stuntman UK Mr Peter Braham died of a heart attack.

Just look at his many credits on IMDB and you'll find that we've all seen his work.

RIP Peter and thank you.

Aitch,

Liked
    0 times
    From the 50's through to the late 80's before trends changed chances are that if you watched an action scene on TV it had something to do with Frank Maher, Alf Joint, Derek Ware, Roy Alon and Peter Braham to name but five. At the cinema it was Bob Simmons and George Leech who reached a peak with James Bond. With the passing of Peter Braham we are coming to the end of a line of unsung greats. The shame for me is that not one of them has been recognized with an Honour. With actors, directors, producers and for god sake even dress designers getting them why not somebody who puts you on the edge of your seat. I think tonight in the way of respect a couple of episodes of "THE SWEENEY".

Liked
    51 times
    I did get to work with all the guys you mentioned plus many many more.

All unsung heroes....

Aitch,

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    8 times
    I have also worked on films with Peter and the rest of the stuntmen over the years, and not forgetting the stuntgirls, what a great brave bunch they are.

Senior Member Country: UK Bond Fan's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='whitstablejim']I have also worked on films with Peter and the rest of the stuntmen over the years, and not forgetting the stuntgirls, what a great brave bunch they are.

Have you ever worked with the stuntmen Del Baker or Brian Bowes?

Liked
    8 times
    I do remember Del Baker and I think Brian Bowes use to work with Tony Smart with the Horses, I have worked with Del Baker but don't ask me what on, because I havent got a clue.

Senior Member Country: UK Bond Fan's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Superb!

I only ask about them as I know they both did scenes and played prison guards in The Living Daylights which involved a lot of punching/flipping work.

They may very well have done horse stunt work too for later scenes in the same film.

What were either like to work with and do you know if they are still alive/in the profession?

Liked
    8 times
    I don't think Peter would have done any horse stunts, he was more into fight scenes, but I think Brian Bowes would, I didn't know Brian as much as I did Peter, I met Peter in the late sixties while doing extra work and standing in, We have had some very good Stuntmen over the years and he was one of them, R I P PETER.

Junior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Peter Braham was an old friend of mine even before we were in films I remember his first solo stunt it was a funny disaster. peter was was short sighted and he was driving a german army motorbike and sidecar wihout his glasses and three times he missed the place he was supposed to crash into. In the end he was ordered off by the director and replaced. I lost touch when I moved to the USA and I was sad to hear of his death
    Del Baker was an ex para like me and was Peter's best mate. We worked together on 'You only live twice' I never knew a more gung ho guy than Del. I always thought he was a bit cracked but as nicer guy as you would wish to meet. Peter, Del, Joe Dunne all moved from extras to stunt men at about he same time. I moved on to assistant director. Phil Joste

Liked
    51 times
    Great names from my past.....

Aitch,

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    4 times
    Aitch, do you know if George Lane Cooper is still with us?

Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Toscana View Post
    Aitch, do you know if George Lane Cooper is still with us?
    I asked about today.....
    Hi aitch, no george went sadly about 8 to 10 years ago, he was a good old boy. So many have gone, terry plummer was the latest, his funeral was last thursday. Hope your'e keeping well yourself?. Take care. Steve.

Aitch,

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    4 times
    That is sad news about George and Terry Plummer. It's a real shame that these Top film people disappear without the recognition they deserve. Another name that springs to mind with George and Terrys is Peter Brace. I hope he's enjoying retirement with the likes of George Leech. George was Bob Simmons partner and is also Vic Armstrongs father in law. Peter Brace worked with Bob and George back in 1953 on Alan Ladds The Red Beret. Thats almost 60 years ago. I had the pleasure of meeting Peter and George Lane Cooper back in the 80's. Peter was working on a Pink Panther film and George dropped in to Pinewood to watch some shooting on Who Dares Wins. At the time George had his neck in a Brace which made him look even more menacing than usual. Top, Top people stunt performers.