Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

I am new to this & I hope I am doing this right. I am looking for this comedy that I had last seen before the day of VCR's. I am not sure of the name, but I thought I had seen the title once as "Tea for One". That may not be correct. Anyway, its about this older lady seated at this long table & apparantly, in her mind, all of these Dukes & Earls were supposedly seated there. This butler would go around the table & fill everybody's wine glass & he would imitate all the different people. He would also drink the wine, so by the 4th round he would be pretty gassed up. They also had a bear skin rug with the head on that he would eventually start tripping over. The scene would just be the dining room & all the stuff on the set looked like it came from the 1940's. The whole thing lasted about 15 minutes to a half hour. That butler was so funny. I would like to find a copy of it. I do not know who played in it. You were never sure when it came on. It was never listed in the TV guide. I have not seen it now for about 15 years. I am really hoping someone can help. I have been looking for this for years.

Thanks,

roundturn

Senior Member Country: Europe
    Liked
    36 times
    name='roundturn']Hi,

I am new to this & I hope I am doing this right. I am looking for this comedy that I had last seen before the day of VCR's. I am not sure of the name, but I thought I had seen the title once as "Tea for One". That may not be correct. Anyway, its about this older lady seated at this long table & apparantly, in her mind, all of these Dukes & Earls were supposedly seated there. This butler would go around the table & fill everybody's wine glass & he would imitate all the different people. He would also drink the wine, so by the 4th round he would be pretty gassed up. They also had a bear skin rug with the head on that he would eventually start tripping over. The scene would just be the dining room & all the stuff on the set looked like it came from the 1940's. The whole thing lasted about 15 minutes to a half hour. That butler was so funny. I would like to find a copy of it. I do not know who played in it. You were never sure when it came on. It was never listed in the TV guide. I have not seen it now for about 15 years. I am really hoping someone can help. I have been looking for this for years.

Thanks,

roundturn
    Freddy Frinton - Dinner for One:

90. Geburtstag oder Dinner for One, Der (1963) (TV)

Senior Member Country: England smiffy's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    name='roundturn']Hi,

Thanks,

roundturn

You will find this for sale at raretv.co.uk

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks so much for your help. This is the one I have been looking for.

Thanks again,

roundturn