Thread: Shorts

Senior Member Country: Canada
    Liked
    5 times
    In Channel Four's early days they showed several short movies...anything from 5 mins to 25 mins.

I have two in mind.

In one there was a guy in the kitchen about to kill himself. As he put the gun to his head, the clock ticked towards midnight. A woman appeared (out of nowhere) and they talked. She convinced him he was making a mistake.

Time had frozen during their talk and just as he decided life was worth living after all, we saw he'd already pulled the trigger when time stopped. Time then restarted and the clock ticked to midnight and - BANG - he was dead.

In the other there was a guy answering a phone call...either on a mobile or in a call box (don't remember which) that was clearly intended for someone else. That someone was a hitman and the call had details of who to kill. The guy decided to carry out the hit.

I think both were only about 5 minutes long.

Any ideas, anyone?

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='BristolUK']In Channel Four's early days they showed several short movies...anything from 5 mins to 25 mins.

I have two in mind.

In one there was a guy in the kitchen about to kill himself. As he put the gun to his head, the clock ticked towards midnight. A woman appeared (out of nowhere) and they talked. She convinced him he was making a mistake.

Time had frozen during their talk and just as he decided life was worth living after all, we saw he'd already pulled the trigger when time stopped. Time then restarted and the clock ticked to midnight and - BANG - he was dead.

In the other there was a guy answering a phone call...either on a mobile or in a call box (don't remember which) that was clearly intended for someone else. That someone was a hitman and the call had details of who to kill. The guy decided to carry out the hit.

I think both were only about 5 minutes long.

Any ideas, anyone?

One very good short, sort of similar to the 2nd one, is The Call which is available to view at the FilmFour site

Steve

Senior Member Country: Canada
    Liked
    5 times
    Thought I'd refresh in case new members know.

Liked
    0 times
    Posted elsewhere on the site, is the film I saw back in 1962/3 which has the same idea as the film suggested here (The ticking clock etc) I guess its all been done before hasn't it?

Oh, yes the film I saw was the French 20 min short "INCIDENT AT OWL CREEK".

kelp