Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked
    0 times
    What is adres of this then :)

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    I can do you a copy of Colditz on 7 dvds.

Liked
    0 times
    Who can help me by getting a copy of the colditz series

Liked
    0 times
    I brought "COLDITZ" and "THE FORTH ARM" from raretv. Good price, quick delivery. They are copied off uk gold and uk drama with all the adverts taken out.

Liked
    0 times
    name='roro']Who can help me by getting a copy of the colditz series

My first time at this! Just want to say that I'm also interested in obtaining a copy of colditz if I can.

Liked
    0 times
    Gone Away part 6... I'm lost?

I'm going insane but what happened at the end of this video?

I made the last post on the Colditz subject, YouTube.

Old and rare is Colditz but this video won't show the final end. The chap that posted the video needs to post the final last words.

YouTube - Colditz: Gone Away (part 6 of 6)

Liked
    0 times
    Hi I was trying to find the last 4 episodes of Colditz tv series.Would be interested to discuss the series generally in a discussion forum with any others who loved the series also

Jax

Senior Member Country: Scotland lostintown's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    I've got the whole series, including the last 4 episodes,

Iif you're interested, drop me a PM.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    I guess you're talking about the 2005 series, which I've not seen yet, but if you do mean the excellent 1972 series with Edward Hardwyck and Bernard Hepton, I have them.

Cheers,

Richard

Liked
    0 times
    hi

i have colditz from the 70s if needed

cheers

al

Member Country: UK classic-odeon's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello, I Can help with Colditz, both series 1 and 2, if your still looking

Senior Member Country: UK image45's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes the Colditz episodes are normally from VHS off-air recordings made from the 1994 UKGold re-run of the series. If you obtain DVD copies that are from first generation recordings then the quality is very good indeed.

I know this from my own set of recordings of Colditz

Liked
    0 times
    I know I'm a bit late to this discussion but I'm new around here!

Anyway, regarding the UK GOLD screenings, I'm surprised that no-one remarked on the fact that it's not just the quality of the recordings that need to be considered but also the fact that many (all?) of the episodes were edited (to fit a time slot?) which leads to some very jarring jumps between scenes and occasional minor lapses of continuity/logic.

Although in at least one instance this trimming has a more marked effect, specifically in the classic episode TWEEDLEDUM where Marsh (Michael Bryant) sets out to feign madness in the hope that he'll be repatriated, and the UK GOLD version ends with him still raving as he's taken from the camp while Carter (David McCallum) remarks how he kept the act up to the end, leaving us with the feeling that he had indeed got away with it, whereas the unedited version has an additional scene where the prisoners receive a postcard from Marsh's sister saying he's been incarcerated in the local asylum with no hope of recovery, leading Colonel Preston to ban any future escape attempts of this kind, completely changing the tone of the episode.

Just thought I'd mention this for anyone thinking of acquiring the set - I'm certainly still glad I got mine, especially as an official release looks as far away as ever...

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Houdi Elbow']I know I'm a bit late to this discussion but I'm new around here!

Anyway, regarding the UK GOLD screenings, I'm surprised that no-one remarked on the fact that it's not just the quality of the recordings that need to be considered but also the fact that many (all?) of the episodes were edited (to fit a time slot?) which leads to some very jarring jumps between scenes and occasional minor lapses of continuity/logic.

Although in at least one instance this trimming has a more marked effect, specifically in the classic episode TWEEDLEDUM where Marsh (Michael Bryant) sets out to feign madness in the hope that he'll be repatriated, and the UK GOLD version ends with him still raving as he's taken from the camp while Carter (David McCallum) remarks how he kept the act up to the end, leaving us with the feeling that he had indeed got away with it, whereas the unedited version has an additional scene where the prisoners receive a postcard from Marsh's sister saying he's been incarcerated in the local asylum with no hope of recovery, leading Colonel Preston to ban any future escape attempts of this kind, completely changing the tone of the episode.

Just thought I'd mention this for anyone thinking of acquiring the set - I'm certainly still glad I got mine, especially as an official release looks as far away as ever...

Interesting, I always thought my copy ( which is from the UK Gold transmission) was incomplete - in fact it breaks off very suddenly after David McCallum's observation, the continuity is unprofessional. It's frustrating not to have the whole thing in context , because as you say, Col Preston's ban is integral to the whole story, not least because at the start he had sanctioned this method to be tried, albeit that one gained the clear impression that he had reservations even then about it.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    It's shameful that this outstanding series (70s) hasn't been released on DVD

I'm sure I read somewhere (Mausoleum?) that one writer (IKM?) has blocked it.

Liked
    0 times
    I have the complete series of Colditz recorded off-air from UK Gold. If anyone is interested and would like to exchange, send me a PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12