Liked
    0 times
    Hello

I wonder if anyone taped on video or DVD the Kenneth More movie last Monday, The Sherrif of Fractured Jaw?

Its a real favorite of mine and my DVD recorder malfunctioned and I didnt record it!

Im happy to make a payment if anyone has a copy to sell.

Thank You [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Senior Member Country: England sanndevil's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi there - I have a copy. Drop me a personal message to discuss if you are sitll after the movie. I would prefer to trade rather than do the money thing if possible.

Cheers

N

Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone have a good copy of "The Sheriff of Fractured Jaw" (1958), with Kenneth Moore and Jayne Mansfield?

Have plenty to trade.

Hope to hear from you!

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Actually, I've got this on order. Hopefully in 1-2 more weeks it will show up. We've had some extraordinary delays as Amazon USA has shifted operations to Jupiter or Saturn. I know better than to expect overnight when someplace is 20,000 Lightyears from Earth, but I really thought "in our own solar system" would be close enough for month to month purchases.

Oh well... they showed me!!

Senior Member Country: UK aphra's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='FilmBuffuk']Does anyone have a good copy of "The Sheriff of Fractured Jaw" (1958), with Kenneth Moore and Jayne Mansfield?

Have plenty to trade.

Hope to hear from you!

I have a recording of this. Send me a PM if you are interested in a trade. Best, Aphra

Liked
    0 times
    name='ChristineCB']Actually, I've got this on order. Hopefully in 1-2 more weeks it will show up. We've had some extraordinary delays as Amazon USA has shifted operations to Jupiter or Saturn. I know better than to expect overnight when someplace is 20,000 Lightyears from Earth, but I really thought "in our own solar system" would be close enough for month to month purchases.

Oh well... they showed me!!

'Struth Christine, those shoes look painful!!

Liked
    0 times
    Jim, I DID take them off but they're not painful a bit. Dancing is fine in them - "even backward and in heels", as Ann Richards once said of Ginger Rogers.

I'm disappointed that I can't find the pix with Fedoras in them, because a week or two ago, Aitch was kind enough to bring our attention to that dubious trademark. I was going to join in with that fun but alas, I've only got about 12,000 more photos to sift thru.

Liked
    0 times
    Shoes? Goodness! I thought I was after a copy of a film! Is this a shoe forum now?

Liked
    0 times
    Stepped on. Kicked about. Soul. Heels.

Aren't they ALL about shoes?

Liked
    0 times
    Maybe I donate too much credit to Kenneth More from the outset, but this is a wonderful little film and proof positive that, at one time, a little creativity in plot-lines and casting can go a long, long way.

Liked
    0 times
    I told you you would enjoy it! It is pretty good! A good combination of the English eccentricity and the Wild West!

A laugh a minute, but what a lovely romance!

Senior Member Country: Scotland julian_craster's Avatar
    Liked
    103 times
    and Jayne sings sweetly........(well, it was Connie Francis)

Liked
    0 times
    Connie would have been an interesting candidate for the role as well.

Not being a fan of Westerns, I haven't explored too many of this genre. FRACTURED JAW, along with SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF (I ignore the Gunfighter film when possible), HALLELUJAH TRAIL and the Western segment of THE GREAT RACE do well in exploiting the stereotypes for laughs.

And the formula seems much the same - the central character(s) play it straight, and zaniness and pratfalls are left to the jumble of supporting characters. They're the ones that make the scenes roll or flop.

Maybe GREAT RACE doesn't follow this - Jack Lemmon and Peter Falk are responsible for most of the laughs.

For the record, yes, I did vote for the 1990s sequel of the Great Race, while the 3 remaining principals were alive. They could have set it three decades later so the race would have occurred in the 1930's world with all those 'issues' - maybe roaring down some dark Munich street, just avoiding a scurrying Adolph with some of his pals shaking their flattened hands at them.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='ChristineCB']Connie would have been an interesting candidate for the role as well.

Not being a fan of Westerns, I haven't explored too many of this genre. FRACTURED JAW, along with SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF (I ignore the Gunfighter film when possible), HALLELUJAH TRAIL and the Western segment of THE GREAT RACE do well in exploiting the stereotypes for laughs.
    The Hellelujah Trail has long been a favourite of mine.

Another great western in a similar vein is The Paleface (1948) with Bob Hope & Jane Russell

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    I love this film, when I watch it I never want it to end, and can you believe Jayne was 6 weeks pregnant whilst making the film the film!

Senior Member Country: England darrenburnfan's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    BELOW: Jayne Mansfield and Kenneth More (what a team!) in The Sheriff Of Fractured Jaw (1958) (Front-of-House still).

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    What a pair!