Page 119 of 196 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 3904
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello everyone I am new to this forum. I like the old Ealing comedies and new modern britflick movies like Snatch.

I love some great modern british sitcoms that seem to go under the radar such as Early doors, Still game, a cracking well written Scotish comedy, Beast and a good few others.

I have quite a few of these on DVD but am frustrated that more are not released or shown on some of the Sat channels Beast being a good example. Can any body tell mewhy these are not released?

Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone I just joined the forums today and wanted to say hi.

Russell

Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone - I am new to this forum and look forward to joining in with discussions. Mayfield

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    name='Mayfield']Hi everyone - I am new to this forum and look forward to joining in with discussions. Mayfield

We hope you do Mayfield. welcome aboard!

Senior Member Country: Ireland Edward G's Avatar
    Liked
    107 times
    Welcome, Mayfield. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Member Country: Wales Rutherford's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Mayfield']Hi everyone - I am new to this forum and look forward to joining in with discussions. Mayfield

Hello - I've been a member now for a whole week. Try the film quizzes...I was rubbish at them

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    name='Rutherford']Hello - I've been a member now for a whole week. Try the film quizzes...I was rubbish at them

If at first.....etc....

Aitch,

Liked
    0 times
    Hi

Spent the first 30 years of my life in Bucks .. now live in Sydney. found the site by accident, now check it daily. The mention of Alistair sim on the home page hooked me.

Anyway, hello and well .. thanks .. great site.

Senior Member Country: United States torinfan's Avatar
    Liked
    71 times
    Hello Bovingdon, welcome to the forum! :)

Junior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi......My name is Steve and I live in Oldham, Lancashire. Found this site recently and I'm hooked on it, especially the locations section.

Lucky enough there have been a few TV and Film locations very close to where I live.

Here are a few:

1.) Yanks...filmed a long time ago just a mile away from me.

2.) Brassed Off.....I go to the band contest every year where this was filmed at.

3.) The Parole Officer (Steve Coogan).. filmed on location in Shaw (my hometown) and Delph.

4.) A film called You, Me and Marley about young Irish joyriders..actually filmed on an estate where, later, when it was demolished and new houses built, I bought my first home.

5.) TV's Life on Mars...The Railway Arms which was there local, is where I go and watch the footie!

6.) Common as Muck, TV series, early 90's with Edward Woodward....filmed in my hometown of Shaw again. Used to go and watch them filming.

6.) Naming the Names...a film about the IRA filmed in 1986. There are about a dozen of my schoolmates in this film as extras....the BBC came to our school and handpicked a few of the lads in my class for a riot scene.....unfortunatley I wasn't picked.....although my teacher later told me that they had said I was too good looking to play the part of teenage thug......this made me feel a little better!

(If anyone has a copy of this I would be very interested to hear from them).

Anyway, hope you are all well and hope to make some contributions to the site soon.

Steve.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Steve, and welcome to the forum. Yes, there have been quite a number of TV productions and films made here in the north-west. Funny you mention The Parole Officer, I watched this a couple of nights ago.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi Carl...yeah it's actually not a bad film.......if you look closely enough you can see my mum and dads house!! (not that you'd know where my mum and dad lived of course!!!!)

What part of Cheshire you from?

Steve

Liked
    1 times
    name='stevesredvxr']Hi Carl...yeah it's actually not a bad film.......if you look closely enough you can see my mum and dads house!! (not that you'd know where my mum and dad lived of course!!!!)

What part of Cheshire you from?

Steve

Just outside of Northwich. Arley Hall is nearby and this has been used a number of times for some episodes of Coronation Street, I understand. Lyme Park has been used for some BBC productions too.

Liked
    0 times
    I go to Lyme Park frequently and I think Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley was filmed there wasn't it?

Liked
    1 times
    name='stevesredvxr']I go to Lyme Park frequently and I think Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley was filmed there wasn't it?

I'm not sure about the Keira Knightley version, but the TV version with Colin Firth and Julia Swalha, from 1995 if I'm not mistaken, was certainly filmed in Lyme Park. The 2005 version had some scenes filmed in Derbyshire, and Chatsworth was one of the locations, but I'm not sure where else.

Liked
    0 times
    Yeah I think your'e right...

Talking about Chatsworth, but not the Chatsworth you mean, I'm an alarm engineer and had to go and fix the alarm in the warehouse where they used to film Shameless (all the internal shots of the houses)......don't know if you ever watch it?. They had relocated by this time but there were loads of props and stuff just left in there...!!

Liked
    1 times
    No, I haven't seen that I'm afraid. If that's the David Threlfall series I'm sure I've read some reviews and I believe it's filmed in the Manchester area, so it's not too far from where you are.

Liked
    0 times
    ty for letting me be part of the great forums u have here.

Liked
    0 times
    I was just browsing the web and found you guys. It is a very handy forum.

anyway, helol to all and hopefully we can speak at some point in the future

Senior Member Country: United States torinfan's Avatar
    Liked
    71 times
    Welcome to all the new members! :)