Page 124 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 3904
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello all..!

I have been popping in here for a bit, it is a great site, lots of interesting threads, details and full of info. All fascinating stuff, something new every visit!

I work in features and a bit of TV as an armourer and have been lucky enough to work on productions of all sizes both in the UK and in many other countries over the past 17 years. The work is not always so easy but, it is always interesting and absorbing!

Every show is different, every crew has a different dynamic depending on the mix of personalities, there are some great characters working in the business.

There are some great stories on here too. It is a site I enjoy visiting..!!

Bye for now,

Charlie B

My IMDB credits: Charles Bodycomb

Liked
    0 times
    hello there,

I happened across this board while researching the late Virginia Maskell -- they just aired ONLY TWO CAN PLAY here in the States as part of a Peter Sellers marathon, and I was instantly transfixed. The thread about her here is tremendously valuable, but I can't seem to get the portrait of her to load properly -- is it considered bad taste to post to such a long-dormant thread?

all the best,

-- milos

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='Milos']hello there,

I happened across this board while researching the late Virginia Maskell -- they just aired ONLY TWO CAN PLAY here in the States as part of a Peter Sellers marathon, and I was instantly transfixed. The thread about her here is tremendously valuable, but I can't seem to get the portrait of her to load properly -- is it considered bad taste to post to such a long-dormant thread?

all the best,

-- milos
    Not at all. But images in messages are actually just pointers to images held on other sites (Often Photobucket and other image hosting sites). The images aren't actually stored in the message. So if the image has been deleted from the other site then you won't be able to see it here

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone

I've been looking around the site this week - lots of wonderful stories and insights. The film stills here reminds me of Sunday afternoons with my mum in the 1970s, watching b&w movies on TV. Sadly New Zealand national TV now thinks a classic movie is about 20 years old.

see you around

Eva

Liked
    151 times
    name='Charlie b']

My IMDB credits: Charles Bodycomb

Welcome Charles, that's an impressive list of credits. I especially like In Bruges.

Liked
    0 times
    name='DB7']Welcome Charles, that's an impressive list of credits. I especially like In Bruges.

Hi DB7, thanks for the welcome and for the compliment!

Pleased you like 'In Bruges', it was an unusual and distinctive picture to work on and happily got some very good reviews. Martin McDonagh (writer and director) was a pleasure to work for and had some very interesting elements woven through the film.

An especially memorable night shoot being part of the chase through the town that stumbles upon a 'film crew' shooting a surreal Hieronymus Bosch influenced scene with dwarves and some actors wearing huge animal head costumes, all amongst our 'christmas decorations' and our own 'snow' falling over the whole strange scene.

This being shot around Feb/March, it prompted continual puzzled observations from passing tourists (mostly older Brits who had not twigged that the decs were part of the film) along the lines of: "but we take our Christmas decs down earlier at home than they do here...!!"

Brendan Gleeson and Colin Farrell were both very focused yet relaxed throughout the shoot. I had some quite interesting conversations with CF about life after 'Alexander', I worked on that picture also and do know he found it a challenging and very mixed experience. He was rather more at ease and philosophical during our 6 weeks or so working in Bruges.

Some very cold night shoots, the usual long hours, but some great people working on it, both sides of the camera, and, a first for me, in that due to the difficulties of parking, I had use of a production bicycle to carry my bits and pieces to and from the set! It did actually work very well!!

So I am quite proud of the finished film, you never quite know how they will actually be until the crew showing, but this one did seem very promising at the time and happily, has done rather well.

Regards,

Charlie

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Er, um, I really should have visited here back in July when I first signed up

Like many I stumbled across Britmovie by way of surfing links and I am very glad to have done so. It's re-awakened my enthusiasm for the films and tv I especially grew up with in my British youth. Wow! I didn't quite realise just how much they had been missed by me until reading the many thread references to them.

Thanks to all for making my visits an entertaining, knowledge-enhancing and often amusing experience

Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I found the site by accident because I'm in the midst of writing a brief comment on Federico Fellini, and thought I would look up the Paris Pullman Cinema in Drayton Gardens.

Well I know it's not there any more, but that doesn't stop me remembering wednesday afternoons sitting there in the early 60s when I was at college!

Happy days.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I just stumbled across the site when looking for films/referances to the old film studios at Borehamwood as I now live on the old film lot (apparently).

So Hi and all that as well as thanks for all the great info I've already found on the site amongst other bits and bobs.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    name='Merv24']Hi, I just stumbled across the site when looking for films/referances to the old film studios at Borehamwood as I now live on the old film lot (apparently).

So Hi and all that as well as thanks for all the great info I've already found on the site amongst other bits and bobs.

Hiya Merv and welcome..Which of the ''Old'' film studios ?? MGM ?? The Gate.?

Aitch,

Liked
    0 times
    Hi - I was surfing around last night and discovered this wonderful site dedicated to British film and television. I was morbidly fascinated by the the Obits section but gradually became fairly depressed when it was brought home to me how many of those old familiar names and faces from my childhood were no longer with us. It was great to be reminded of them though and I realised how much time I must have spent in front of the 'goggle box' in my informative years in the 50s and 60s.

Thanks for giving me the chance to catch up and bring back happy memories of seeing these great performers!

I look forward to spending many happy hours on your site...

valgal

(a baby boomer!)

Senior Member Country: Great Britain hhhhancock's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    name='Geronimo']Yet again english BBC producers and casting agents have shown their utter ignorance of Welsh culture and language by populating a remote village in North Wales with South Waleans!!! In the entire programme I heard just one North Wales accent. Eve Myles with her strong South Wales accent plays a girl who was born and bred in a North Wales village. Oh please! It is so insulting and unecessary. Would you cast a load of west country actors as residents of a village outside Newcastle? No.

Then there was the age difference betwen Eve and Eve - 27 years in real life. What a load of codswallop it was.

Having no knowledge of the inconsistencies in the accents I have to admit I quite enjoyed this bit of fluff. However, I'm sure I would be equally annoyed if they messed about with London accents, John Mills, much as I loved him, always used to irritate me when he did a cockney accent, not quite as bad as Dick Van Dyke but getting there.

As I said I enjoyed it, no violence, swearing or obscenity....did I really write that, I must be getting old.

Senior Member Country: Vatican Sgt Sunshine's Avatar
    Liked
    212 times
    Welcome to the site, Valgal............

from Sgt S....(another "Baby Boomer")

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone, I am no computer expert but have at last worked out how to post a new thread. I found this website by "googling" old films that I have never been able to find on dvd or video that I would like to add to my collection. I have been a film collector for over fifty years. I strarted as a child on 9.5mm. and have quite a large collection of Pathescope silents and a few sound films. Over the last 15 years I have collected a few shorts or cut downs onSuper 8 but of recent years on VHS and DVD. I built my own private cinema in my garden 6 years ago and have tried to build the interior in the style of the cinemas of the late 1930's. It seats 16 and can project 8mm, Super 8, 9.5, and 16mm film as well as the electronic formats. I have always been interested in the tchnical side of the cinema and am a member of a number of cinema related societies. In other words

fanatic about film, to coin a well known phrase. Looking forward to joining in with discussions and perhaps obtaining copies of old films I have never been able to track down and perhaps help others to do the same.

Senior Member Country: England Santonix's Avatar
    Liked
    3 times
    Welcome to The Forum oldfilmfan, I hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Liked
    0 times
    I came across this site almost by accident whilst surfing a film-related query. Most interesting and I shall look in now and again and try to make a contribution.

By way of brief introduction, I enjoy watching many British films, particularly those in B&W and depicting contemporary life in a realistic, and often gritty, manner. As I grew up in the 50s/early 60s, my main interest is in the Second World War and almost anything (whether comedy, drama or documentary) from the �austerity years� that followed. And if there is a railway element (realistically portrayed), so much the better! Speaking of railways, I have appeared as an extra in several films whilst working on the Bluebell Railway � most notably as the guard on the troop train at the end of Adolf Hitler: My Part in His Downfall (autographs by arrangement) .

Liked
    0 times
    signed up to this a few weeks ago and then promptly forgot about it, was just browsing my pc and thought I would check it out, what a cracking site, can anyone trade , or do you have to pay ?

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='BengalTiger']signed up to this a few weeks ago and then promptly forgot about it, was just browsing my pc and thought I would check it out, what a cracking site, can anyone trade , or do you have to pay ?
    Hello and welcome.

Read the Forum Rules

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    have read the rules now , thanks very much ,

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    Welcome all, this is a great site for film fans.....

Puffer, I did a few days as an extra.......

Aitch,