Page 128 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 3904
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi All

Found this great forum after looking for 'Now and Then' locations , from films /tv programmes

Currently discovering the 'Kitchen sink'films,Poor cow,Cathy come home Etc

I love the 70's sitcoms due to the fact they were a big part of my childhood,uno the thing your mother used to say,'When Bless this house has finished,its bed'

Also loved the 'Hammer Horrrors'

Hope to chat to you all later

Liked
    0 times
    Hello Everybody! This is my first post here...

I have a real passion for films and take great joy in discovering films from all around the globe.

This site looks like a brilliant source for information about British Films and the members seem to be really friendly and helpful.

My second post here will be about a British Highway Safety Film. I can only remember that it was about a bloke explaining the rules of driving on the motorways but then the film ends with a real ghostly twist... At the scene of an accident we discover the dead man in the car is in fact our safety host! I have no idea what the name of the film is. Can you?

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Welcome to all new members.

Liked
    0 times
    Hello! Found this site today and just had to join. I love classic tv mainly from the 50s to 80s and classic war films, Great Escape, The Longest Day, etc.

Senior Member Country: England Santonix's Avatar
    Liked
    3 times
    Welcome aboard jay1969. Enjoy The Forum.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone,

I`m Steve i joined because i have recently realised that i`m not the least bit interested in any of the new films doing the rounds at the moment I have sat through a few but then realised that i found them to be quite patronising or too similar or difficult to believe, or just plain boring. The last two Bond films have left me cold, too many computer graphics, too many big bangs and simply too far from the truth to keep me interested.

Could it be the influence of the American film industry? or Money as in sponsorship and product placement i wonder?

The American influence was not necassarily meant to be a critisism just a possible observation and therefore an answer to my quandry, maybe the American industry has reached it`s peak and is now in decline.....

Maybe i`m getting carried away!

It could be my age........

So again i say Hi to all of you :)

Liked
    0 times
    Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a big fan of british tv of the sixties and seventies. I mostly like the traditional british comedies in the format which we dont see anymore. Also I'm a big fan of dramas such as Play for Todays.

Ive had a browse around this site and its brilliant.

Cheers

Sever
    Hello!

I'm a new member. I'm happy to join this community!

Liked
    0 times
    Hello everyone

Just discovered Ciaran Hinds and think he's wonderful. Hope to hear from some of you.

Bye

Liked
    0 times
    I was a child in the fifties, and a teenager in 1963. I have vague/distant memories of films on the TV during the mid to late fifties - Sunday afternoon fims especially - and those seen at the cinema in the early to mid sixties. Memories of later films are clearer but there are those films I regret not watching at the time, or that I missed because I took a girlfriend with me. I'm hoping to trace some of these great films where the 'stars' actually had to be able to act.

Rock on grumpies.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    12 times
    A look through the British Film Institutes DVD collections would be a good start for you Kgcag...Those films you have missed or must see again rest with them.

Film Man.

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    Ah well you see we are all into big brother and zany American films here, the name of the site is just a cover!

How grumpy are you now?

Welcome! Get posting!

xx

Liked
    0 times
    Hi Guyz

Liked
    0 times
    Greetings to one and all.My name is Barry and am retired from twenty five years of projection rooms.I have seen a few titles in my time! Good Luck to all.

No idea Barbara! Scammed it off the net and thought it was very appropiate.Proper cinemas-changeovers and all!

Barry.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    12 times
    Welcome 'Frameline' (or can l call you 'rack'...projie joke)...many members were/are projectionists...I worked for Essoldo's/Shipman & King plus Granada...on Kallee and Philips machines in the 60s...nothing like showing to a full house on a Saturday night, even though we were paid peanuts!

Film Man.

Senior Member Country: England earlb's Avatar
    Liked
    15 times
    I concur. Greetings Frameline, i was a projjie too for SM cinemas and Essoldo.

Senior Member Country: UK frame69's Avatar
    Liked
    15 times
    Hi Barry.

Senior Member Country: England John Llewellyn Moxey's Avatar
    Liked
    45 times
    name='frameline']Greetings to one and all.My name is Barry and am retired from twenty five years of projection rooms.I have seen a few titles in my time! Good Luck to all.

And to you!

John

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    name='frameline']Greetings to one and all.My name is Barry and am retired from twenty five years of projection rooms.I have seen a few titles in my time! Good Luck to all.

Welcome, Barry! Great avatar: who's the man and where is it?

Barbara

Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone! Not sure I've got the hang of this forum stuff yet so I may be replying to a message rather than creating my own - sorry!? What an amazing website though!

My name's Steve and my grandfather was the special effects maestro Tom Howard who started to become an influential figure in film after his work on The Thief of Bagdad in 1940, going on to develop special effects for hundreds of films working with Alexander Korda, David Lean, Mervyn LeRoy, Robert Wise, George Pal, Brian Hutton, Stanley Kubrick, the list goes on but I don't want to bore you! The last films he worked on where credited included 2001, Where Eagles Dare, Young Winston, The Man Who Haunted Himself, Digby the Biggest Dog in the World, The Little Prince and The Legend of Hell House (having previously worked on the flexing doors and effects in the earlier film The Haunting!). He won two oscars in his career, one for david Lean's 'Blithe Spirit' and the second for one of my favourite fun films 'Tom Thumb'.

Sadly when the UK division of MGM closed in the late 60's my grandfather declined the offer to move to Hollywood and continue at MGM in the States, but then again it's because of his love for England, his family and British films that he decided not to go.

I notice that Stephen Pickard (a senior member on this website) worked for Tom Howard on where Eagles Dare, it would be great to hear from him if he reads this message :)

So, hmmm what's my favourite Brit film?? I may be biased a little but I would have to say either The Four Feathers or The thief of Bagdad!

I look forward to reading lots of interesting posts and exploring the website.

Steve

name='faginsgirl']Please people, now that you`ve introduced yourselves, please post! Lots of people say hi then disappear

xx
    Hi Faginsgirl...

I promise to keep posting but I'm still trying to get used to this forum, I know that sounds pathetic and I'm only 34 so I should find it easy but I keep getting lost! I don't seem to be able to private message anyone!?

I have an interesting topic for you all.... Has Four Weddings and a Funeral ever been discussed in this forum? Ok plenty of awards at the time but hardly ever spoke of now! One of the most endearing and funny films of recent decades surely. David Haig never fails to make me laugh and his character Bernard was hilarious. I would love to stay at that guest house The Boatman, I wonder where it is?

Thank you Steve and faginsgirl!

:)