Liked
    416 times
    Welcome Zlatna.

I look forward to your posts! Just dive in

xx

Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    name='Zlatna']Canadian joining the group.

Currently going through a Hannah Gordon "thing", trying to find everything of hers I haven't yet seen.

Have you seen the appearance on Morecambe and Wise? It's not on youtube, but casting my mind back 35 years, I remember Ernie saying "Hanna Gordon - My Wife Next Door" and Eric says "You never told me."

I loved that series - didn't run long though.

Welcome anyway Zlatna. Please contribute often.

Senior Member Country: Canada Zlatna's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you faginsgirl

name='Rowdon']Have you seen the appearance on Morecambe and Wise? It's not on youtube, but casting my mind back 35 years, I remember Ernie saying "Hanna Gordon - My Wife Next Door" and Eric says "You never told me."

I loved that series - didn't run long though.

Welcome anyway Zlatna. Please contribute often.

Thanks Rowdon.

I suspect that is from Hannah's first appearance with Eric & Ernie, which is from early 1972. She was asked to do it pretty much at the very last minute as another actress had canceled. According to one of the interviews with her that I've seen she and John Alderton had shot "My Wife Next Door" at that point, but none of it had aired yet. That season/series of M&W won't be out on DVD until May (yay). At which point I shall snag it Thanks for reminding me to look for it.

Thirteen episodes only of "My Wife Next Door". Cute little series, lots of fun. But I can kind of see why a second series of the show wasn't done.

Liked
    143 times
    name='Zlatna']Thank you faginsgirl

Cute little series, lots of fun. But I can kind of see why a second series of the show wasn't done.

Mysterious indeed. Somebody on here will know.

It says on Wikipedia (which is often right) that "When the series was repeated in 1979, it garnered even better ratings than its first outing and topped the BBC1 weekly ratings several times during the repeat season." I hadn't realised it was co-written by Brian Clemens - I suppose there's an argument that The Avengers is a sitcom of sorts, but it's not a very good argument. A review on the IMDb says of the other co-writer, Richard Waring, that he wrote "shows that somehow managed to pull off the trick of being pleasantly amusing without ever being particularly funny." which seems fair, as the list of his credits gives someone of my age a warm feeling of nostalgia rather than memories of aching ribs.

The IMDb also said that a second series was made impossible
      Spoiler:
    by the fact that they stopped the divorce in the last episode, so any comedy possibilities were curtailed ... but I think the writers could have found a number of outs if they had wanted to continue the story.

(I'm sure that spoiler is unnecessary, but you never know.)

Liked
    0 times
    I'm a lover of film from all countries. Being from the UK I'm of course loyal to British cinema. I love Ken Loach and quite a number of more modern Directors such as Andrea Arnold and Lynn Ramsay.

I like Scottish film and have even written about it and other UK and world cinema on my blog.

Cinematheque

I'm looking forward to finding out about some unseen classics from other poster here.

Liked
    0 times
    Good morning everybody. I should like to introduce myself, tartanfilm. I have a great fondness for film, particularly British and find this site intriguing. Much memory and knowledge posted with wit, vim and vigour. My grandfather was head of a film society in Dundee in times gone by and was most perturbed when talkies began as film watching was changed forever. They make for fascinating watching, when in the mood.

I am just returned from a holiday on the west coast of Scotland and am very grateful for the ability to watch I Know Where I'm Going and Whiskey Galore after a good dinner of Langoustine washed down with fine malt. Anyhow, enough of that. Good day,

Senior Member Country: England Santonix's Avatar
    Liked
    3 times
    Hello cinematheque and tartanfim, welcome to The Forum.

Liked
    0 times
    Hello!

I'm new here. Is it only ok to talk British films, or is Hollywood fine too?

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    name='Chinaski']Hello!

Welcome Chinaski

There is a general film chat section. We generally use that if we are not talking about Brit films

xx

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='Chinaski']Hello!

The forum is called BritMovie, it's mainly about British films. Occasionally we will mention films from Hollywood or other places, but usually only as a comparison with certain British films

There are plenty of other forums set up to talk about Hollywood films

Read the Forum Rules

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK Onedin's Avatar
    Liked
    57 times
    Hello!

Am new here, so I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Nathalie, I'm Dutch and I'm into British Film and TV, big time. So I am quite surprised at myself for not having been here before........

And I am really looking forward to being an active member on here!

All the best from sunny Holland,

Nath

Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

I came across this great website when i was looking for information on the tv series Clapperboard,i remember watching it back in the early 80s as a young lad (only seems like yesterday).

Im a really big James Bond fan so it's intersting to learn a bit more info on the films.

I'll be contributing to the forums with any helpfull info i can pass on.

So hi to everyone and look forward to being part of the communtity.

Chris

Thanks everyone,

I feel at home already :-)

Chris

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to post a photo of a film location on the forum,as when i click on add image it just says url etc.

It's a photo from the film the wild geese as it is today.

Thanks Chris

Hi thanks for that,ive just posted it in the film location section.

Chris

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Sloane's Avatar
    Liked
    239 times
    Welcome aboard,enjoy.

Liked
    143 times
    Welcome to the site. It is an unending source of joy and wonder.

And add bits to the thread called "Clapperboard TV Series" in the TV section.

And start one on "Screen Test" too. I can't, as I'm working... unless there is one already. Do it anyway - they'll get merged.

I've never heard of this "James Bond", though. Singer, is he?

Senior Member Country: UK flynn's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times
    Welcome Chris.you will find its a friendly and Helpful site.

Senior Member Country: Ireland Edward G's Avatar
    Liked
    107 times
    Hi Chris,

Come on in - the water's fine!

Senior Member Country: England Number Six's Avatar
    Liked
    13 times
    name='cpo77']Hi,

I came across this great website when i was looking for information on the tv series Clapperboard,i remember watching it back in the early 80s as a young lad (only seems like yesterday).

Im a really big James Bond fan so it's intersting to learn a bit more info on the films.

I'll be contributing to the forums with any helpfull info i can pass on.

So hi to everyone and look forward to being part of the communtity.

Chris

Welcome Chris!

To post a photo, copy the url and paste into the link on the site. (Once you have copied the url, click on the 'mountain' icon on the toolbar and paste it). Voila!!

Enjoy the site and it's many knowledgeable members!

Cheers

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Welcome aboard Chris......