Page 144 of 196 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 3904
    Senior Member Country: UK Onedin's Avatar
    Liked
    57 times
    Hi, am new here.

Could anyone please tell me why my website link isn't showing on the left? I've tried to find out how to make it visible but I can't seem to find anything.......

Many thanks.

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    name='Onedin']Hi, am new here.

Could anyone please tell me why my website link isn't showing on the left? I've tried to find out how to make it visible but I can't seem to find anything.......

Many thanks.

If you click on your name it will bring down a bar, then click on Onedin`s home page.

xx

Liked
    57 times
    name='faginsgirl']If you click on your name it will bring down a bar, then click on Onedin`s home page.

xx
    Thanks Faginsgirl.

I thought it would be visible under your avatar or something......

Liked
    0 times
    Hello there. I've already bored you once or twice, I'm afraid, before noticing this thread.

Curriculum vitae:

late 1960s: Odeon & Gaumont, Southampton - saw Battle of Britain, Lawrence of Arabia, Far From the Madding Crowd (dragged to by parents), etc.; saw actual organist once. Regal, Eastleigh - genuine fleapit, audience member once ejected for throwing muffins at screen. Dad's Army on TV

1970s: pained adolescence in Midlands relieved by afternoon weekday Britfilms on TV & Hammer/Amacus Friday nights

Continuous decline since.

Very much enjoying the site so far. Best wishes, Mark

PS Anyone know how I put a favourite quote under my pearls of wisdom ? Thanks.

Senior Member Country: Canada Zlatna's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='dollymessiter']

PS Anyone know how I put a favourite quote under my pearls of wisdom ? Thanks.

Having just done this myself - up at the top between "Home" and "FAQ" is a button that says "User CP" - click that. There then should be a column on the left where one of the choices is edit signature. Quote on!

And welcome. Just got here myself, like it a lot.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, Zlatna.

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello.

I have just joined the forum on the suggestion of two newly discovered online friends who seem to share my passion for all things British movies and TV.

I look forward to meeting new folk on here....

My favourite British actor is James Mason - favourite film Odd Man Out. But I'm also a huge fan of all things horror - Hammer, Tigon, Pete Walker etc.

I also love retro TV especially comedy - Frankie Howerd, Les Dawson, Dick Emery - and I suppose you can guess from my user name - I'm a big fan of This Is Your Life!!

Cheers

Tony

Senior Member Country: Ireland jimw1's Avatar
    Liked
    396 times
    name='bigredbook']Hello.

I have just joined the forum on the suggestion of two newly discovered online friends who seem to share my passion for all things British movies and TV.

My favourite British actor is James Mason - favourite film Odd Man Out. But I'm also a huge fan of all things horror - Hammer, Tigon, Pete Walker etc.

I also love retro TV especially comedy - Frankie Howerd, Les Dawson, Dick Emery - and I suppose you can guess from my user name - I'm a big fan of This Is Your Life!!

Cheers

Tony

Welcome to britmovie Tony........another Mancunian I See.................

if you need any help getting around please feel free to ask myself or any other members they are a friendly crowd...........

Liked
    67 times
    Great that you have joined us Tony, I am sure that you will soon find this site as addictive as I do!

Senior Member Country: England Number Six's Avatar
    Liked
    13 times
    name='bigredbook']Hello.

Cheers

Tony

Welcome to the wonderful world of Britmovie, BigRed!

Liked
    57 times
    I too am looking forward to being here!

Liked
    0 times
    hi everybody

I'm Sara from Saudi Arabia

This is the first time I talk with British

I want to improve my English language and I need some films that their language is simple like the children films

I wanna download them on my mobile

we call them Film cartoon

thank you so much

Senior Member Country: Great Britain GoggleboxUK's Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    Hi Sara

Anything by Walt Disney would be good.

Cinderella

Peter Pan

One Hundred and One Dalmatians

Robin Hood

The Fox and the Hound

Oliver & Company

Basil The Great Mouse Detective

These are all from classic British stories.

There is also lots on YouTube from Children's BBC:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4a-NAVZkQ4"]CLICK HERE[/ame]

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAqdYMcjMNQ]YouTube - How to speak with a British accent[/ame]

Senior Member Country: Europe Bernardo's Avatar
    Liked
    13 times
    Do not rely only on films. Books and audio books on CD are very useful, perhaps the BBC via the internet, BBC - Radio 7 - Homepage is very good and does have many children's stories. To be old fashioned find an English speaking pen friend same age an interests, write to her in English and request that with her reply there is a critique of your letter.

I learnt really good French this way and we are still friends after 50 years!

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='Bernardo']Do not rely only on films. Books and audio books on CD are very useful, perhaps the BBC via the internet, BBC - Radio 7 - Homepage is very good and does have many children's stories. To be old fashioned find an English speaking pen friend same age an interests, write to her in English and request that with her reply there is a critique of your letter.

I learnt really good French this way and we are still friends after 50 years!
    Yes, just soak yourself in the language. Listen to as many people speaking English as you can.

Have BBC Radio 7 (or BBC Radio 4) playing in the background while you work.

There are a wide variety of accents to be found in Britain, a huge variety considering its small size.

Writing to a pen friend will help with your written English and with the complexities of the grammar. I learnt most of my German by writing to a pen friend (who I still see quite regularly 40+ years later) and by going there and staying with her and her family.

Don't worry too much about the grammar, most people born here don't know how to use it

Similarly, don't try too hard to perfect any one accent. We are so used to different accents we can understand most of them

Steve

Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    Welcome Sara,

Many modern cartoons (Disney, Pixar etc.) have a very advanced level of English. They are as difficult as normal films.

As Gogglebox (above) said, try Children's BBC.

I teach English to a class of advanced adults, and I showed them "Peppa Pig" - they loved it, because they understood every word!

Sometimes, it is better to go back to British films from the 50s and 60s, when they spoke more clearly, and used less 'slang'.

Good luck.

Liked
    57 times
    name='sara']hi everybody

I'm Sara from Saudi Arabia

This is the first time I talk with British

I want to improve my English language and I need some films that their language is simple like the children films

I wanna download them on my mobile

we call them Film cartoon

thank you so much

Hi there Sara! Nice to meet you.

I am Dutch and taught myself the English I use today. I had English in school for 6 years, but I studied it from the age of 3, starting with music in the pop charts. I really wanted to know, and by the time I was 13, I started teaching myself the English accent by reading my favourite book, 'Jane Eyre' out loud to myself.

Then, in the early '90s, as a student, I became a folk musician and still have the same English-speaking friends today. I have no Dutch accent anymore now, I speak English daily.

Sara, what I am basically saying to you is........ Just be open to the language, be curious. And it will come to you almost naturally as time progresses.

I once was where you are right now with your English, I identify with you. My English will never be perfect, but your enthusiasm is something I have always had myself. So feel free to contact me on here if you need any suggestions, ok?

XX Nathalie

Liked
    1 times
    Hi sara, You may find this course that was made by the BBC in the 1970's helpful, it helped a lot of foreign language students back then.

They are all uploaded on youtube, and take you from beginner to advanced.

The gentleman who is the host, is one of our forum members, so you will be in good hands.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGiNjI1j2P4]YouTube - Follow Me - Beginner Part 01[/ame]

If you go to the channel that this clip was posted on, they have all of them.

Good luck

Senior Member Country: UK frame69's Avatar
    Liked
    15 times
    Im not sure if youtube is blocked in Saudi,or am I getting confused with China?

Frame.