Page 159 of 196 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 3904
  1. #3161
    Senior Member Country: UK wellendcanons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,703
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAEME View Post
    Hi Alistair, welcome. What's the appeal of the Bless this House movie? That's the Abbotts team up with Terry and June isn't it? I wonder why they cast a different actor as the son?
    Dadwasinflame told me recently that he read in Robin Askwith's autobiography that he came in as the son after Sally Geeson complained she wouldn't work with Robin Stewart. I'm not at all sure what it was about.

    Dadwasinflame, can you shed any light on this?

    wec

  2. #3162
    GRAEME
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wellendcanons View Post
    Dadwasinflame told me recently that he read in Robin Askwith's autobiography that he came in as the son after Sally Geeson complained she wouldn't work with Robin Stewart. I'm not at all sure what it was about.

    Dadwasinflame, can you shed any light on this?

    wec
    That's interesting because she'd been working with him for years.

    He's still quite well known down under apparently...

  3. #3163
    Senior Member Country: UK wellendcanons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,703
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAEME View Post
    That's interesting because she'd been working with him for years.

    He's still quite well known down under apparently...
    It certainly struck me with surprise too. I wonder if it had something to do with him always being late on set, or something he did that upset her perhaps. I will check though with Dadwasinflame. He's told me various things about the book and I may have got it wrong.

    wec

  4. #3164
    Senior Member Country: UK wellendcanons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,703
    Liked
    154 times
    Apparantly, according to Robin Askwith's autobiography, Robin Stewart kept turning up late with different excuses all the time. One of them was him driving through Regents Park when a camel escaped and was blocking the road!

    Sounds believeable to me!

    wec

  5. #3165
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,467
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wellendcanons View Post
    Apparantly, according to Robin Askwith's autobiography, Robin Stewart kept turning up late with different excuses all the time. One of them was him driving through Regents Park when a camel escaped and was blocking the road!

    Sounds believeable to me!

    wec
    Well, I once saw an elephant walking down the road in the centre of my town at about 6 in the morning. And it was true!!

  6. #3166
    Senior Member Country: UK wellendcanons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,703
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Well, I once saw an elephant walking down the road in the centre of my town at about 6 in the morning. And it was true!!
    Well there you go then! Mr Stewart, you are completely exonerated from blame.

    wec

  7. #3167
    Senior Member Country: UK flynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,735
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Well, I once saw an elephant walking down the road in the centre of my town at about 6 in the morning. And it was true!!
    you sure it was not a pink one.

  8. #3168
    Senior Member HUGHJAMPTON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,833
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flynn View Post
    you sure it was not a pink one.
    We're talking about Gerald, not you

  9. #3169
    Senior Member Country: UK flynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,735
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HUGHJAMPTON View Post
    We're talking about Gerald, not you
    i used to think everyone seen them.

  10. #3170
    Senior Member Country: Vatican Sgt Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,812
    Liked
    212 times
    Greetings from the Sarge, Carrie.....

  11. #3171
    Senior Member Country: Ireland jimw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,642
    Liked
    396 times
    Strange' where did mine and Carries Posts disappear to.......... More to the point where did Carrie go to ?......
    Last edited by jimw1; 16-04-11 at 08:37 PM.

  12. #3172
    Senior Member Country: UK flynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,735
    Liked
    8 times
    i left a post also jim to Carrie. unless we imagined it all.

  13. #3173
    Senior Member Country: Ireland jimw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,642
    Liked
    396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flynn View Post
    i left a post also jim to Carrie. unless we imagined it all.
    looks like she has Left the Site flynn ? shes not registered as a member now

  14. #3174
    Senior Member Country: UK flynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,735
    Liked
    8 times
    ok Thanks jim.i wonder who the mysterious Carrie was.

  15. #3175
    Senior Member Country: Ireland jimw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,642
    Liked
    396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flynn View Post
    ok Thanks jim.i wonder who the mysterious Carrie was.
    its a Mystery flynn One of the Mods might Enlighten us

  16. #3176
    Senior Member HUGHJAMPTON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,833
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by flynn View Post
    i used to think everyone seen them.


    I've just seen this.

    Carrie's been posting today, in the Peter Wyngarde thread and Records in TV Progs.

  17. #3177
    Senior Member Country: Vatican Sgt Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,812
    Liked
    212 times
    Thought maybe I'd frightened her away....strange your two posts disappeared but mine is still there....

  18. #3178
    Senior Member Country: Ireland jimw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,642
    Liked
    396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Sunshine View Post
    Thought maybe I'd frightened her away....strange your two posts disappeared but mine is still there....
    I dont think you frightened her away Sgt ....

    she also posted in "What am I watching tonight" which has also Disappeared....

  19. #3179
    Senior Member Country: Vatican Sgt Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,812
    Liked
    212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimw1 View Post
    I dont think you frightened her away Sgt ....

    she also posted in "What am I watching tonight" which has also Disappeared....
    Maybe its for the best Jim.......



    Surely one of the best opening sequences to any horror film......Wouldn't get past the censors these days.....

  20. #3180
    Senior Member Country: UK flynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,735
    Liked
    8 times
    as Toyah would say. it's a mystery.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts