Page 169 of 196 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 3904
    Senior Member Country: Ireland Nimuae's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times
    Help!!
    I have done something totally stupid. I wandered into 'forum actions' and changed my view from 'britmovie' to 'mobile' just to see what it looked like - now I am unable to change it back again as there is not option to do so. Can your Mods/Admin help at all ?

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimuae View Post
    Help!!
    I have done something totally stupid. I wandered into 'forum actions' and changed my view from 'britmovie' to 'mobile' just to see what it looked like - now I am unable to change it back again as there is not option to do so. Can your Mods/Admin help at all ?
    Is that better?

Steve

Senior Member Country: Ireland Nimuae's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times
    Bless you, Steve ! I won't do that again in hurry - I promise.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi, I'm Sylv from Germany. When I grew up I loved British series like The Persuaders. Found this forum while searching for info on some UK television shows I might want to use in a paper for uni. Right now I'm still a bit overwhelmed with the sheer volume of info on here, so I'll probably be lurking for a while, going through all the threads :)

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    Welcome Sylvia

Senior Member Country: Ireland jimw1's Avatar
    Liked
    396 times
    Welcome to the Site Sylvia.....

Senior Member Country: England mrs_emma_peel's Avatar
    Liked
    155 times
    Welcome to the forum Nimuae Sylvia
    Enjoy reading the threads and posting.
    Emma

Senior Member Country: UK Flare Players's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    Who Are Flare PlayersHello, my name is Nick and as well as being a film maker and writer and naturally a fan of British films and TV, I run a website called Flare Players (hence my handle).

I'm particularly interested in the era of British films and TV from 1966 to 1980: Beginning with "Blow Up" and ending at "Chariots of Fire". Apart from the fantastically inventive and ground breaking film and TV making going on at that time there were a generation of young British actors that I think were superior to others before or since but unfortunately they haven't received the credit or acollades that's due them. I'm talking about Ian Ogilvy, Judy Geeson, David Hemmings, Lynne Frederick, Michael York, Jenny Agutter, Patrick Mower, Judi Bowker, John Moulder-Brown, Pamela Franklin and the rest.

What drew me to Britmovie was the fantastic review of Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush which encapsulates what it is about the young actors of that era that made them stand out. If you're interested in seeing our efforts so far (we've only been going a couple of weeks) then you can find us here: Who Are Flare Players

Anyway, I'm here for more than just shilling my own work! I look forward to hanging around here and sharing memories of great British films, TV and acting.

Member Country: England windthorpe's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi

Found this site through looking foe a review and the Arthur Haynes dvd. Started looking around and found so many great messages.

As for me I love hammer horrors, the avengers and many other british films and tv shows.

Windthorpe

Hello.

I was directed to the forum by a fellow member who mentioned that one of my upcoming books was being discussed. Having had a proper look around I think I'll like it here.

I'm a big fan of British comedy in all its many forms and have run the Carry On Line website since 1994. My first book on the Carry Ons (yes, it's a long time coming) is out early next year. I also write on other topics, both in my "serious" career (ie. the one that pays) and spare time (ie. the one that doesn't but is far more enjoyable).

Liked
    396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carryonconfidential View Post
    Hello.

I was directed to the forum by a fellow member who mentioned that one of my upcoming books was being discussed. Having had a proper look around I think I'll like it here.

I'm a big fan of British comedy in all its many forms and have run the Carry On Line website since 1994. My first book on the Carry Ons (yes, it's a long time coming) is out early next year. I also write on other topics, both in my "serious" career (ie. the one that pays) and spare time (ie. the one that doesn't but is far more enjoyable).
    Welcome to the Forum

Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I'm new here...in a sense...I used to come on here but due to owning an ancient PC the forum used to freeze, but wanted to come back, so hello everyone. I'm a huge fan of supernatural tv, lost spooky drama, and paranormal television from decades past...cheers,

Liked
    396 times
    Welcome to the forum Zodiac

Liked
    0 times
    Cheers! Lookin' forward to it...

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi All,

Many of you probably know me as 'Alan' on Roobarb's DVD Forum or as 'Alan Hayes' at The Mausoleum Club. I joined here years ago as 'Sabos' (linked to a Flemish TV series I produced a website about) and then promptly forgot this place even existed (no offence!). Now I'm back (though some of you might say I was hardly ever here before) and hope to take part in many threads, particularly those related to British Film and TV.

If an admin could possibly change my account name to 'Alan Hayes', I'd be most grateful. Cheers.

Best wishes to all.

Alan

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you to the kindly admin who noticed my post and changed me into... me... :) Much appreciated.

Best,

Alan

Liked
    416 times
    Welcome (back) Alan

I look forward to reading your posts.

Junior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    That's me !

I call myself that 'cos I don't befriend people easily, and because I live outside of the paths most commonly trodden by friendly Brits (i'm abroad).

I am glad to have found what looks like a mecca for people with bad memories (like me) to worship people with an encyclopaedia in their head.

My fun in life : driving anything with 4 wheels, riding anything with 2, my kids, a good panto every now and then, and making my house nice. Oh, and wine.

Liked
    416 times
    Welcome Hermit

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    129 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
    That's me !

I call myself that 'cos I don't befriend people easily, and because I live outside of the paths most commonly trodden by friendly Brits (i'm abroad).

I am glad to have found what looks like a mecca for people with bad memories (like me) to worship people with an encyclopaedia in their head.

My fun in life : driving anything with 4 wheels, riding anything with 2, my kids, a good panto every now and then, and making my house nice. Oh, and wine.
    Welcome! Bienvenue! Now you're here something tells me you're into something good!