Page 171 of 196 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 3904
  1. #3401
    Member Country: UK
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    28
    Liked
    33 times
    Hello there! I have been flitting in and out of Britmovie for years thanks to my uncle DB7 and I know I have joined up at least once in the past but several house moves and dozens of email addresses later and I cannot for the life of me remember my old account!
    My interests are varied but I am a huge Sci-Fi fan (films, TV, and literature - I did one of my masters degree essays on Bladerunner Sunshine!) and enjoy catching up on the old classics (why watch re-runs when you can discover something new)

  2. #3402
    Senior Member Country: Vatican Sgt Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,812
    Liked
    212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Slater View Post
    Hello there! I have been flitting in and out of Britmovie for years thanks to my uncle DB7 and I know I have joined up at least once in the past but several house moves and dozens of email addresses later and I cannot for the life of me remember my old account!
    My interests are varied but I am a huge Sci-Fi fan (films, TV, and literature - I did one of my masters degree essays on Bladerunner Sunshine!) and enjoy catching up on the old classics (why watch re-runs when you can discover something new)
    Cheers Jody.....
    Welcome back to the site.....my interest in Sci-Fi was sparked by my Dad taking me to see 2001 A Space Odyssey in 1968.
    Cheers
    Sgt S

  3. #3403
    Super Moderator Country: Fiji
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    4,798
    Liked
    114 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jody Slater View Post
    Hello there! I have been flitting in and out of Britmovie for years thanks to my uncle DB7 and I know I have joined up at least once in the past but several house moves and dozens of email addresses later and I cannot for the life of me remember my old account!
    My interests are varied but I am a huge Sci-Fi fan (films, TV, and literature - I did one of my masters degree essays on Bladerunner Sunshine!) and enjoy catching up on the old classics (why watch re-runs when you can discover something new)
    Welcome back!

    Smudge

  4. #3404
    Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,564
    Liked
    416 times
    Hello Jody, pleased to meet you

    xx
    Last edited by faginsgirl; 27-02-12 at 03:50 PM.

  5. #3405
    Member Country: United States
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    31
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by agutterfan View Post
    Welcome. I'm sort of the opposite slightly, recently bought US TV series October Road as US imports, not available on region 1 here. If you're an adult it is perfectly legal for you to create an account at Amazon UK or Ebay UK (I have one for Amazon US). You can buy British or European titles directly from Ebay US (check the international sellers section). Region free DVD players are easy to get (or CDs with region-coding instructions, I do not legally condone this), as is region free computer media players (e.g. VCL). Yes you'd have to pay shipping charges but unlike us Brits you don't have to pay an import duty! Read the forum rules about buying/requesting DVD-Rs from britmovie members (basically, if a title is commercially available, it's a no-no). Other sources are ioffer (at your own risk), but also check youtube, this often has clips (if not entire films) from a wide range of Britflicks and TV.
    Thanks for the hints. I'm getting more and more used to dealing with film production people, and being ignored by them. Do you have any idea if it is possible to buy The Expert tv show or The Old Men at the Zoo? I have found a source for some utterly impossible to find things, but it takes forever to receive what you order. Oh well, its worth the wait.

  6. #3406
    Senior Member Country: Afghanistan
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,561
    Liked
    46 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lostamerican View Post
    Thanks for the hints. I'm getting more and more used to dealing with film production people, and being ignored by them. Do you have any idea if it is possible to buy The Expert tv show or The Old Men at the Zoo? I have found a source for some utterly impossible to find things, but it takes forever to receive what you order. Oh well, its worth the wait.
    Most of the first season of 'The Expert' has been wiped and gone . The BBC havent shown it since the 1970s AFAIK.

    Lost UK TV Shows Search Engine

    Perhaps there has been an occasional showing of an episode that survives, not sure?
    Last edited by Arfur Teacake; 28-02-12 at 09:45 AM.

  7. #3407
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain Dean Williams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    270
    Liked
    16 times
    Hello all, I'm Dean Williams and I'm an alcoholic!... (oh sorry, wrong introduction! That's Fridays)!

    No, for the purposes of this introducion I'm a fan of vinage British comedy, 30s-70s (film, television, radio, music-hall/variety, and vintage comedy 78s) predominantly, but also other genres of film and television; Universal horror of the 30s-50s, Hammer Horror of the 50s-70s, Charlie Chan films, the Saint films, Weissmullers' Tarzan and British television drama 50s-80s amongst many other things.

    And yet for some reason it's taken me years to get around to signing up around here! :)

  8. #3408
    Senior Member Country: Vatican Sgt Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,812
    Liked
    212 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Williams View Post
    Hello all, I'm Dean Williams and I'm an alcoholic!... (oh sorry, wrong introduction! That's Fridays)!

    No, for the purposes of this introducion I'm a fan of vinage British comedy, 30s-70s (film, television, radio, music-hall/variety, and vintage comedy 78s) predominantly, but also other genres of film and television; Universal horror of the 30s-50s, Hammer Horror of the 50s-70s, Charlie Chan films, the Saint films, Weissmullers' Tarzan and British television drama 50s-80s amongst many other things.

    And yet for some reason it's taken me years to get around to signing up around here! :)
    Glad you finally made it Dean....
    Cheers
    Sgt S

  9. #3409
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain Dean Williams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    270
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Sunshine View Post
    Glad you finally made it Dean....
    Cheers
    Sgt S
    Tha

    Thanks, I'll try not to drop any crumbs on the carpet!

  10. #3410
    Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,467
    Liked
    182 times
    Welcome, Dean. You have great taste with your interests . . . as they are very similar to mine!

  11. #3411
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain Dean Williams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    270
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Welcome, Dean. You have great taste with your interests . . . as they are very similar to mine!
    Great minds, and all that!

  12. #3412
    Senior Member Country: Ireland jimw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,642
    Liked
    396 times
    Welcome to the Forum Dean....

  13. #3413
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain Dean Williams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    270
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jimw1 View Post
    Welcome to the Forum Dean....
    Thanks again! :)

  14. #3414
    Member Country: England FilmBuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    73
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi all I have been on here a week and just thought I would say high to everyone,I am interested in British films from the 30s through to
    the 80s not much interested in modern stuff though, and again with TV I tend to like the old stuff best.
    I hope to make a few posts on your most excellent site.

    Cheers FB

  15. #3415
    Senior Member Country: Vatican Sgt Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,812
    Liked
    212 times
    Very welcome FB....
    Cheers
    Sgt S

  16. #3416
    Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,564
    Liked
    416 times
    Welcome Film buff

  17. #3417
    Junior Member Country: Scotland 13thFloorvendetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello to everyone on the Brit movie forum. New member from 13thFloorvendetta.


  18. #3418
    Member Country: New Zealand Ned Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    60
    Liked
    0 times
    This is my first post. Some people are mostly interested in film stars. I'm interested in character actors; hence, I'm Ned Sparks. Can anyone assist me by putting a face to a name by posting a pix of Ned onto my account? I have zero talent when it comes to this.

    Thanks,

    Ned

  19. #3419
    Member Country: Scotland
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    16
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Everyone,

    I've been a film fan for years, thanks to my dad who is a huge film buff. He's not online but would love this site. I've done some screenwriting, even making a short film, so it is not just a passive interest I have. I feel British films sometimes have a charm to them that some, though definitely not all, American ones can sometimes lack, although we make films which can easily match American ones too. Please not, I'm not bashing American films here. I'm just saying they can be quite different.

    So with that short introduction, I'm off to 'devour' the site and I can't wait.


  20. #3420
    Senior Member Country: Vatican Sgt Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,812
    Liked
    212 times
    Greetings & warm welcomes to our two newest "newbies" Ned & cdouglas....
    Sgt S

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts