Page 187 of 196 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 3904
    Senior Member Country: Ireland jimw1's Avatar
    Liked
    396 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HUGHJ View Post
    HUGHJ, formerly known as Hughjampton returns from the dead with a HI-DI-HO to everyone
    Welcome back Bob' Great to see you

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi all, good to see a great site dedicated to the Brill Britfilms!

My own fave is definitely Get Carter, the 1971 Caine/Hodges version, naturally! But I also appreciate anything from films like Battle of Britain to British TV classics like Monty Python and Benny Hill.

I look forward to debating the stuff on here!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    109 times
    Hi,
    I am sure we shall all look forward to your debates. Welcome.

Alan French.

Senior Member Country: UK Windyridge's Avatar
    Liked
    52 times
    Not sure about your handle though. Not quite the sort of thing we expect from our members here, don'cha know. Can't you think of something else more fitting to British movies? It's not like you haven't got a heck of a lot to choose from.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi Alan and thanks.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Windyridge View Post
    Not sure about your handle though. Not quite the sort of thing we expect from our members here, don'cha know. Can't you think of something else more fitting to British movies? It's not like you haven't got a heck of a lot to choose from.
    It's Monty Python, dear boy!! Classic.

Liked
    52 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BJSmegma View Post
    It's Monty Python, dear boy!! Classic.
    Really? Which movie of theirs was that from?

Senior Member Country: England darrenburnfan's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Windyridge View Post
    I'm not sure if he can change his name now, Windyridge. There doesn't seem to be a facility on our profile to change a name once we've chosen it and logged in with it. I can't see a way of doing it anyway.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    How not to be seen
    Mrs B.J. Smegma

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    I didn't mean to cause any upset with my moniker? Just using some very British [Pythonesque] humour!

I'm hoping to enjoy it here.

Liked
    52 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Crook View Post
    How not to be seen
    Mrs B.J. Smegma

Steve
    Thank you, Steve. Carry on Smeggie.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the welcome anyway, chaps.

Senior Member Country: Australia lllIIlllIIlllIIl's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    What can I say? I live in a house some six miles away from where the late Peter Finch lived and performed in his early days before he met the Oliviers.

I had wanted to choose a bland 'Henry Holland' type username which was neither twee or overly-familiar. So I decided on the barcode symbol which, unfortunately, people are now telling me is rather forbidding.

I reckon cinema is the most influential of all mediums; I abhor how those demned Americans have dominated the industry for the last century; and I have a particular affection for those film people working in England in the 1940s.

Senior Member Country: United States TimR's Avatar
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lllIIlllIIlllIIl View Post
    I reckon cinema is the most influential of all mediums; I abhor how those demned Americans have dominated the industry for the last century; and I have a particular affection for those film people working in England in the 1940s.
    As a 'demned American' I will be sure to avoid your posts in future. Are you kidding with this?

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TimR View Post
    As a 'demned American' I will be sure to avoid your posts in future. Are you kidding with this?
    Yes hopefully he is if not disgusting !

Liked
    0 times
    Hello, I`ve just joined the forum and want to introduce myself. I`m a 40 something with a huge interest in British movies and TV from the 60`s onwards and I`m already finding BritMovie a bit of a goldmine. My favourite actor is Oliver Reed (hence the moniker) favourite actress...Helen Mirren, maybe? but there are loads of others I would certainly watch and my film interests are fairly eclectic. Anyway, thanks for giving me an opportunity to explain myself and I look forward to interesting times ahead.

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi all. I'm Paul, 35, from Wakefield.

Really into British TV/films from late 60s to 1990s.

I've really got UK Gold to thank in the early 1990s (via Yorkshire Cable in Bradford) when they started re-running things like Juliet Bravo and The Sweeney.

I was about 15 then, and soon became hooked on older series, and now have a large collection of DVDs. Many of which are from Network.

Looking forward to keeping up to date with news on old tv and films from my era of interest - so much out there still to be discovered.

Senior Member Country: UK agutterfan's Avatar
    Liked
    57 times
    Welcome OllieFan and Paul 1978! I can heartily recommend The Sweeney box set as the picture has been lovingly restored. As for Ollie, sadly missed.

Liked
    0 times
    @agutterfan Thanks for the welcome. Yes, sadly missed indeed. I do like your handle btw, like many I have fond memories of that very short skirt, just waiting for a stiff Australian breeze Hello to @Paul1978 too.

Member Country: United States MacGuffin's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for admission to the group. This is Aaron, residing in SoCal. I'm on a mission to watch and review every classic noir/crime film I can get my hands on. This forum kept popping up while I was trying to track down a few rare Brit-noirs, so here I am. I enjoy chatting about the virtues of noir with anybody who will listen, or even those who won't. I live a noir life and I'm happy to come upon this resource. Talk to you soon, I've got to turn out the lights and get back to my films.