Page 25 of 196 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Liked
    0 times
    First time poster from Australia trying to track down some hard to get Rod Tayler movies.

Site came recommended

Liked
    0 times
    Joined a few minutes ago.Greetings.

Have a question: Will Hay Collection 16 discs was due out this year but looks like it has been

cancelled . Maybe because Val Guest was making commentaries for it but as he died last year

he had not finished ,causing the dvd boxset to be abandoned? This is my theory anyway.

Anybody have any knowledge about this?

Liked
    151 times
    name='bluelotus']Joined a few minutes ago.Greetings.

Have a question: Will Hay Collection 16 discs was due out this year but looks like it has been

cancelled . Maybe because Val Guest was making commentaries for it but as he died last year

he had not finished ,causing the dvd boxset to be abandoned? This is my theory anyway.

Anybody have any knowledge about this?

There were rumours of ITV-DVD releasing it but it never materialised.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Welcome aboard to all new members.......I'm still fairly new myself, and I love this forum!

So much info, even about the most obscure Movie/Actor!

Junior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Brand new visiter From the U.S.

Just stopping by to say Hello and ask if I would be welcome in your forums.

I am an autograph collector of many years and would like to know where I can get a list of address for British stars, Vera Day is one I would so love to get, as I have a beautiful pinup photo of her in her prime but little in the way of information on her. Hope I did not step on anyones toes. here, if I did I apologize!

All the best to you.

The Don

Liked
    0 times
    Hello all and administrator

Have been a member for a while but not really very techie, so justhave popped in and out....

Realise now I need to do more stuff to be active onthis site so am just learning the ropes.....

I will also try repsonding and posting ove the next week, if I can what out what i can and cannot do.

Thanks

Paul

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello everyone. My name is Stephen Laws and I've just joined your excellent list, being particularly keen and interested in British movies of yesteryear, and with a substantial collection of rarities. I'm a novelist, and anyone interested in the horror/thriller genre might check out my website at The Midnight Man: The Official Website of the author Stephen Laws for a list of my novels.

Over the years, I've also been a guest interviewer at the Manchester Festival of Fantastic Films and had the privilige of meeting & interviewing many British actors, directors and behind the scenes artists. Some of those interviews can be found as 'Extras' on the German release of the Hammer movies PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES (composer James Bernard), THE LOST CONTINENT (stuntman, Eddie Powell), COUNTESS DRACULA (Ingrid Pitt), DRACULA PRINCE OF DARKNESS (actor Francis Matthews) etc.

Looking forward to your company (and thanks to Steve for enabling my membership)

Cheers

Stephen Laws

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Being born in the sixties, I still feel more of an affinity with that era.I also love lots of stuff from the 70s and beyond.I like Horror films such as Hammer, or the more obscure stuff from the 70s and 80s.Tv-wise I like a variety of stuff-Catweazle, Armchair Thriller,Play for Today,Budgie,Rock Follies,Thriller, Hammer House of Mystery stories and many others.Of more modern stuff I like Cold Case,Tru Calling,Dark Angel,Wire in the Blood,Prime Suspect,Rebus, Sea of Souls etc..stuff like that.I tend to remember lots of late 60s-early 70s stuff many have long forgotten.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi nice to meet you,hope you enjoy this great forum,which has fantastic members who are no end of help to people who have questions about films,locations etc.Like the look of your books,i'm a avid horror/scifi bookreader who adores anything by brian lumley and old british horrors from guy n smith.

Liked
    0 times
    Hello everyone. My name is Stephen Laws, and I've just joined your most excellent forum. I'm a novelist,working in the horror/thriller genre and anyone interested might like to check out my website The Midnight Man: The Official Website of the author Stephen Laws for details of my novels. I've a lifelong passion for British movies, and have a large collection of rarities. As guest interviewer at the Manchester Festival of Fantastic Films I've had the privilige of interviewing many British actors, directors and behind the scenes artists. Some of those interviews can be found as 'Extras' on the German DVD releases of PLAGUE OF THE ZOMBIES (composer, James Bernard), THE LOST CONTINENT (stuntman Eddie Powell), COUNTESS DRACULA (Ingrid Pitt), DRACULA PRINCE OF DARKNESS (actor Francis Matthews) etc)

Looking forward to your company. Cheers

Stephen Laws

Liked
    0 times
    Many thanks.

Brian Lumley is a fellow Geordie who I occasionally bump into at conventions. Guy N Smith is also a farmer!

Stephen Laws

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    name='batman']Always a pleasure to welcome another Jack Warner fan.

Bats.

seconded, welcome to the board and to the Jack Warner club

Member Country: Djibouti
    Liked
    0 times
    Evenin' All

Second post this so apologies for not introducing myself sooner. Found the forum having Googled an actor from The Prisoner.

My (movie) interests are far too broad to try & list but I go by the grumpy old adage that, like music, everything released in the last [insert number here] years is rubbish.

Except for the ones I like of course.

Now I've got to go & sort me out an avatar I guess.

Liked
    0 times
    Just to say hello. joined yesterday and did a bit of nosing around until I had access to post. From what i've seen, I think I'll enjoy my visits here

I have a pretty catholic taste among British films c1940-1980 but tend to prefer those that reflect a world that probably only existed in our hearts - such as Genevieve, the Titfield Thunderbolt and The Railway Children.

Favourite actors - Guinness, Harris and Mills

Favourite actresses - Helen Mirren, Susan Hampshire and Jenny Agutter

Liked
    0 times
    Hi - I have only joined today, but am finding the site interesting.

I hope you can help me find the information I need.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Welcome to all new members!

Bats.

Liked
    0 times
    I've just joined, but I am having difficulty finding my way around the site. Is it just me? e.g Is this the Introduction Forum I am asked to particpate in before I can get to the 'nitty gritty' of entering the 'thread' about the wonderful 'Big Jim And The Figaro Club' series that appeared briefly on our tv screens in 1981?

My apologies if this is a silly question. I'm probably just a bit thick.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Click on 'search' at the top of the screen and enter 'Big Jim and The Figaro Club' into either section and then click 'go'. Hope this helps.

Bats.

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello, I have just joined so am making my first post here! Looking forward to many interesting conversations.

Member Country: England deancosmos's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Great site, friendly (mostly!) forum. Posted once but only just realised I should've introduced myself. I love British film and tv from the 40's onwards but particularly the 50's and 70's. Favourite actors are Terry Thomas, Dickie Attenborough, Roger Livesey and Lawrence Harvey. Actresses - Joan Greenwood, Margaret Rutherford and Diana Rigg.