Page 4 of 196 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone another new member here.

Am interested in films and TV programmes shot in South of England - mainly because you see the crews around filming then never get to see the film and stumbled across the site and forum looking for answers.

Look forward to discussing things with you all.

Got to get use to using the site as well

Super Moderator Country: Scotland
    Liked
    27 times
    Welcome John, Jane, Zabadoo, scrimmit and others.

John, we will hear about Dorothy Boyd in time but Janet is thorogh and I suspect she'll be right.

Liked
    0 times
    I am glad I found this forum for like minded people. Hi y'all Anyone know where I can get some Armstrong and Miller TV shows if anyone has some?

Senior Member Country: Scotland silverwhistle's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Having just found this thread...

I'm Silverwhistle, aka Doc M, aka Mlle Lermontova.

Historian and writer, currently without paid employment, based in Glasgow. I love a wide range of films and TV, and sharing conversation about them with fun people!

I think I already know a few folk here from the P&P group!

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    name='silverwhistle']Having just found this thread...

I'm Silverwhistle, aka Doc M, aka Mlle Lermontova.

Historian and writer, currently without paid employment, based in Glasgow. I love a wide range of films and TV, and sharing conversation about them with fun people!

I think I already know a few folk here from the P&P group!
    A big WELCOME to Doc and all new members.

Doc, very glad to see another discerning PnP member here. This is a great forum.

All the best,

Barbara

Dirk_Bogarde_Brigade - a Yahoo group

Senior Member Country: Scotland silverwhistle's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Good to see you, too, Barbara!

This is like a P&P 'family reunion'!

Liked
    0 times
    Hello to all,just joined and hope to be able to contribute when I can

Liked
    0 times
    Welcome to nrabliam - and silverwhistle - you can tell us what is going on up in Glasgow as I gather both BBC and STV are moving to Govan and that the Odeon in Renfield Street is no more! (And what is the p & p group? Something to do with postage and packing?)

Super Moderator Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    86 times
    The P&P group is Steve Crook's Powell and Pressburger Appreciation Society aka PaPAS.

PnP : Powell & Pressburger Appreciation Soc

Nick

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Sam Boone']what is the p & p group? Something to do with postage and packing?)
    Yes, that's it. I'm almost sure! "Holy Snow Goose, Batman..."

I'm still chuckling over John Llewelyn's comment in another thread about "doing a film for the War Office (or was it the post office?)..."

I wish we had Spoiler Warnings to keep me from reading some of these with a mouthful. I end up spending as much time cleaning my screen and keyboard off as reading...

Anyway - welcome, all. Most of the people are crazy here. Not me, however.

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Evening all,

D'you know, I've been lurking around here for a while but never introduced myself so thought I might do just that. I used to hate anything that was older than the 80's (I was an eighties teenager so make allowances please!) but then I grew up and discovered The Past. Love anything British from the 60's and 70's and am a particular fan of Judy Geeson. Yes, I know, it's bizarre, a female fan, whatever next but hey, I like to be different! More importantly, I've just discovered Anthony Andrews - yum yum!

I discovered this site ages ago when I was googling for Three into Two - found it through this forum and lots more besides so very grateful. I'm a bit of a lurker because I'm never really sure if I've got anything of value to add but I do love it here.

Night all,

Sarah

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    name='Nick Dando']The P&P group is Steve Crook's Powell and Pressburger Appreciation Society aka PaPAS.

PnP : Powell & Pressburger Appreciation Soc

Nick

Today the Britmovie Forum, tomorrow the world!!

There are more than a few of us here.... didn't know you had joined, Doc; trust you are well.

My personal film history; interested in films from WW2 since the late 70's; discovered Powell and Pressburger about 1980; and have been working steadily back in time over the last ten years, so have developed a niche interest in silent film, particularly British Silent Film; Currently I'm trying to sort out a filmography of the Bonzo animations, 26 cartoons from 1924/25....I've got 22 nailed down just the last four are proving tricky. Still, it's only been five years...

Senior Member Country: England John Llewellyn Moxey's Avatar
    Liked
    45 times
    Christine!! You chuckled! ( she must be drunk). I am so glad a little humour does not go by unnoticed.

Take care John Llewellyn

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    John, and now on that other thread, I see IT WAS the post office department!! Joke's on me!! (Imagine a Sally Phillips' headslap!)

It's a good thing I'm the only normal, sane person in here.

Liked
    0 times
    It's a good thing I'm the only normal, sane person in here.

This must terrible for you,poor thing.

Senior Member Country: England John Llewellyn Moxey's Avatar
    Liked
    45 times
    I will rest in peace -- John Llewellyn

Can you find a copy..Post Office or not? John

Liked
    0 times
    Joined today, Site looks well laid out. And hopfully I will get as much out of it as I put in. Like good old Miss Marple (Margaret Rutherford) and Sherlock Holmes (Basil Rathbone) films, and some of the older TV series from the 80's.

Member Country: UK Loose_Cannon's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello all, finally stumbled on the introductions thread by accident even though I've broke my duck already.

Found the site after looking for locations, and this is still the best thread IMHO. Will be taking a week off in the summer to trawl around as many as I can, I'm sure my kids will be enthralled!

PS How do you look back on your own post history on this forum????

Liked
    151 times
    name='Loose_Cannon']

PS How do you look back on your own post history on this forum????

Welcome LC

To view your old posts click on your username and press the 'Find more posts...' link.

Super Moderator Country: Fiji
    Liked
    114 times
    Hello Rob -

And welcome to the site. Sorry to hear that you found the site a little difficult to navigate at first, but now you're here sit back, settle down and I am sure you will find the forum area users certainly to be 'user-friendly'. I'll leave the responding on the site to my elders and betters as I am far too familiar here to even think about navigating ; these days I do it on 'automatic'...

As to your film comments, you'll find there's a broad spectrum of film folks here, going from way back (Penfold springs to mind) right up to date. Speaking personally I reckon Tom Walls and Gordon Harker made some cracking films. You are very lucky to be where you are as ABC Oz TV seems to show a heck of a lot of the good old stuff.

SMUDGE

Page 4 of 196 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast