Page 52 of 196 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3904
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    4 times
    Brian - welcome, but you'll have to educate this mere Brit on what "wieners" are

rgds

Rob

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='Rob Compton']Brian - welcome, but you'll have to educate this mere Brit on what "wieners" are

rgds

Rob

"wieners" are sausages, usually the German/Austrian style of sausage as used in hot-dogs

(pronounced "wee-ners")

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    HI I'm looking for a specific TV program from 1988

THE BLACK AND BLUE LAMP

pretty damn certain that its not availible (and never has been) on DVD or Video commercially.

So am asking has anyone got a off-TV copied copy that they are willing to lend me.

Would off course pay a reasonable sum

If you want to contact me privately its dms@populli.net

MIKE

Liked
    418 times
    name='Keechelus']I've been a fan of good movies for most of my life (I'm almost 60), and Brit films have always been very rewarding.

This forum grabbed me when I read a few of the Powell and Pressburger threads. Jeez, you guys really know your stuff, so here I am, ready to be educated.

Aside from P&P's wonderful films, I love the so-called kitchen sink dramas because they are acted by believable people in realistic places - and like American classic noirs, they depend on character rather than slam-bam plots that are resolved in the last reel.

Thank goodness we have a region-free DVD player, so I can buy UK DVDs ... though that is biting a large piece of our household budget.

"Wieners and beans again?" Sorry, sweetie. Amazon UK had a sale this week.

My current faves are A Taste Of Honey and the long-forgotten No Love For Johnnie, but there are many, many more.

-- Brian Williams

Hello and welcome Brian,

Or to someone who appreciates P&P that could even be a "What ho"

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone, Marilyn here, from Texas. I've been a fan of British film, 60's music, fashion, youth culture, and soccer, since I was a teen in the 60's. I was given the link to this forum by a nice guy I contacted on youtube, and it looks like the exact place I need to be. It's great finding this forum and I look forward to many hours of searching through and hopefully finding some like-minded folks. And if I'm lucky I hope to eventually find copies of some hard-to-find films I've been looking for. My main focus is adding to my collection of films featuring the young Ian McShane. And I'm a huge George Best fan from way back - always looking for anything on the beautiful Bestie.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    4 times
    Welcome to the site, Marilyn!

rgds

Rob

Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

Just found this site while at work and the boss is on holiday! If this was Trivial Pursuit I would opt for the pink cheese - I am in my element here. I love most movies new and old especially Brit comedies, romantic comedies. Jimmy Stewart is my favourite actor but so many others are close. I have a multi regional dvd player and most of my collection are Region One because I have top have the fullest version of a film, ie. not edited by our film censor. I look forward to many hours of being online with like minded people

Cheers

Mark Price

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Smudge for my first message and welcome. The site looks superb but dont even know how I got to do this reply.The thing is as you say slowly it'll come together and I should be in my element.Talk again soon.

all the best

Lenny

Liked
    418 times
    It can't be that difficult, many people manage to do it

If you want to reply to a message it's best if you quote the message you're replying to because a thread (a sequence of messages) can often diverge into 2 or more discussions. To reply, quoting the message you're replying to just click on the button by the message.

If you want to add another comment that isn't really a reply to a specific message but is more like a general comment on the subject, then click on the button at the bottom left, after all the messages

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Steve for the help. Looking at the different titles of films that appear and memories come back and I have to start searching for some of the titles.I'm looking for a film called The Pleasure Girls with Ian Mcshane.Got into lobby cards and poster's but dont know where to stop.Going to run and watch who runs London.It looks like we might have Boris?

all the best

Lenny

Liked
    0 times
    Folks,

Just joined - this is my introduction: I've come here through Google tracking down information for my website. My interest is in chronicling appearances by buses and coaches in films and TV, which is a fusion of two fascinating subjects for trivia hounds. In some cases buses can be seen in old films that are no longer in existence - on the other hand a coach that appeared in the Norman Wisdom film 'Trouble in Store' has not only survived, it was exported to Malta, rebodied and rebuilt and is still in service. Actually 'Trouble in Store' has a wonderful sequence of continuity nonsenses; when Wisdom is chasing a bus to return a young lady's handbag it changes from an AEC to a Leyland to a Daimler, then finally back to either an AEC or a Leyland in the space of a short bus ride!

Another piece of trivia - I'm almost sure that the same bus appeared in 'To Sir With Love' with three different registration plates.

Or another - the more recent 'Enigma' has a scene with two buses with staff arriving at Bletchley Park. Both are anachronistic - they're postwar buses - there was originally a third, except the director thought the scene looked to busy with three.

Anyway, I digress - I'm hoping to exchange useful information.

My site's the imaginatively-titled Buses on Screen .

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Hello, all-

I just googled "Precious Bane dvd", and this was the most promising site I came up with. And now I'm posting an introduction, because I don't have permission to post to the video request forum until I do so.

Well, I've been waiting since 1989 to get this thing on video, so I suppose a little while longer won't hurt me!

Thanks for reading my extremely silly post.

Meg

Liked
    0 times
    name='meglet314']Hello, all-

I just googled "Precious Bane dvd", and this was the most promising site I came up with. And now I'm posting an introduction, because I don't have permission to post to the video request forum until I do so.

Well, I've been waiting since 1989 to get this thing on video, so I suppose a little while longer won't hurt me!

Thanks for reading my extremely silly post.

Meg

If anyone can help you it'll be the brains on this site. Not mine unfortunately! Welcome

Liked
    0 times
    Hello,

I'm French, one of the webmaster of the French site dedicated to the British series The Avengers, Le Monde des Avengers..

We have a lot of videos connecting to the series, most of them in English.

We have a forum with a part in English.

We have tried to interview people connected to the series by their writings ( Toby Miller, Ian Gibson and lately John Garforth here)and webmasters of the many sites around the world.

My interests are British series of the 60s and 70s and some of the 80s : The Avengers but also The Persuaders, The Saint, Man in a suitcase, Dempsey and Makepeace, Sherlock Holmes...

Liked
    0 times
    Hello can you please tell me where we go to give some info about ourselves? i tried to find it and cant. tnx bunches. suzieq54

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    If you go to the 'new users' section, there is an 'introduce yourself' thread in there.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    Also, on the top left of this page, under the BirtMovie.co.uk logo - is a menu option "User CP".

This allows you to update your profile with personal information.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi, Folks. Thanks for having me aboard. I live on the East coast of the United States. I enjoy a good movie, and with what is on "PRIME TIME" TV, the time might be prime, but the fare sure isn't. CSI, Law and Order are nothing like Hill Street Blues, Streets of SanFranscisco, The Paper Chase, Moonlighting or McClintock. And I wouldn't even touch Desperate Housewives. These are all nothing but afternoon soaps put into pajamas. If I'm not watching drama on TV or good comedy or some film from a mail-rental service, I am watching some educational tv like life on an aircraft carrier, or a nature program, or National Geographic or Nova. The deeper I delve into films to watch, the more I find to watch and to ask. It's like playing one of the Indian Gambits in Chess---a lot of different paths and very Byzantine. My real motive here is to trace some voices and faces, and Ive seen 3 discussion boards that seem like they would provide the answers I need. I'll just have to post in all three of them. But in any case should any of you miss the posting, I'll post here also. I've recently seen an Hitchcock Film, Rich And Strange, with Henry Kendall, 1936 I believe. Now, his character's wife falls into a romantic fling with a guy who seems to be older for the concept of the film but probably is not older than her in real life. This character, a Commander Gordon, is portrayed by an Actor listed as Percy Marmont. Now this voice, his face, his bearing, his delivery all strongly suggest an actor I've seen many times in at least the 1960s, maybe into the 1980s, and in color films, usually a soldier/officer. but I can't think of any modern title movies or the name of this possible other actor. It has occurred to me that it is the same actor, but he has changed his name, becuase I really can't believe that even as a character actor, a person would have survived a career into the 1970s with the name Percy Marmont. I do believe that both actors might have been born about the same time, if my actor that I have in mind indeed has a twin. If someone knows this Hitchcock 1936 Rich and Strange and knows Commander Gordon, I'd like to hear if they can relate any similiarites to an actor since the mid 1950s or early 1960s. Thanks. WideScreenOwen

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Welcome to Britmovie Widescreenowen!

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Welcome WideScreenOwen.

Here is a link to his page on the IMDB. Percy Marmont

Percy Marmont had quite a long career. Here he is in 1926.