Page 6 of 196 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Member Country: Croatia
    Liked
    0 times
    name='smudge']

As for the participation of 'foreigners', just think how poor our film industry would have been without the contributions of people who started out in lots of places away from these shores !

Smudge

Ditto! Was (pleasantly) surprised as I read about it recently...

Thanks...

Liked
    0 times
    Hi all,

I'm an oversea student in the UK. My major is Media and TV Production. I had a lecture on British Cinema last week and I think it's interesting to find out more information about British film. It's also a way to get to know more about your culture as well as gain some experiences for my future work :) Thanks

Senior Member Country: England John Llewellyn Moxey's Avatar
    Liked
    45 times
    name='chickylfc']Hi all,

I'm an oversea student in the UK. My major is Media and TV Production. I had a lecture on British Cinema last week and I think it's interesting to find out more information about British film. It's also a way to get to know more about your culture as well as gain some experiences for my future work :) Thanks
    Welcome to this Happy Band!

John Llewellyn Moxey

Senior Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi.

Am film lecturer and occasional writer and director. If anyone has a spare 100K I'll tell them about my feature projects! (Hmm, maybe if everybody here chipped in a tenner...)

Always loved the British cinema of the forties and sixties especially, and my interest was cemented when I befriended a former assistant from THE RED SHOES. Hearing about all these people from someone who was there was areal education.

David.

Liked
    0 times
    name='John Llewellyn Moxey']Welcome to this Happy Band!

John Llewellyn Moxey

We are all 'friends ' here! there are no 'foreigners'. Enjoy this web site - it is good!

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='D Cairns']Hi.

Am film lecturer and occasional writer and director. If anyone has a spare 100K I'll tell them about my feature projects! (Hmm, maybe if everybody here chipped in a tenner...)

Always loved the British cinema of the forties and sixties especially, and my interest was cemented when I befriended a former assistant from THE RED SHOES. Hearing about all these people from someone who was there was areal education.

David.
    Ah, those were the days. When film-makers were just given a load of money and told to get on with it without any interference from the producers or the backers.

But Powell & Pressburger and The Archers were very rare even in those days.

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey all just discovered this site. I'm a London based playwright and screenwriter, proud owner of vast collection of rarities and looking forward to hopefully finding yet more undiscovered gems of the 60s and 70s. Its such a neglected period: Made, Walk a Crooked Path, Unman Wittering and Zigo, Fright, Butley....

Liked
    0 times
    Hello there,

I've just joined the forum and wanted to ask if anyone has Sid James films/ tv series available? I am presently researching into a project about him and would like to gather as much info as possible.

I look forward to you guys getting in contact.

best wishes

grwblunden

Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    hello my name is bas and i love british classic films.mainly 50s 60s films I would love to hear from anyone who has a good copy of Women in a Dressing Gown (1957 )as i lost mine and it hasnt been on tele for ages.thanks

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Bas, hopefully you've looked thru the Favorite Films section and located the DRESSING GOWN thread. Or maybe it was in the LOOKING FOR FILM section...

Liked
    0 times
    Hi there, I assume I'm in the right place and this is where we come to say hello

I just want to say I think this is a great idea for a forum and I'm really looking forward to discussing movies new and old.

I love going to the cinema and I especially look out for British films when they come to my local multiplex (I say local, it's a 40mile round drive but i still go 2 or 3 times a week on average). In fact there are two out this week I believe Amazing Grace and I want Candy, no doubt we'll be discussing those soon.

Liked
    0 times
    Just joined the forums, howdy

Liked
    0 times
    name='television']Just joined the forums, howdy

Welcome 'television' - it's a good forum.

Liked
    0 times
    Hello......Just found this site........sounds great...especially if you have flim cement in your blood. Used to work in the cinema industry a long time ago.......just after they fired the pianist.

Junior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello, just joined the forum today, and like what I've seen so far....still finding my way around, and glad I discovered it!

Senior Member Country: Germany Wolfgang's Avatar
    Liked
    9 times
    Willkommen zu Britfilme!

Liked
    0 times
    name='ptcruiser']Hello......Just found this site........sounds great...especially if you have flim cement in your blood. Used to work in the cinema industry a long time ago.......just after they fired the pianist.

That would be my mother then!! It's Ok though, she went on to be an usherette and then work in the ticket office!!!

Liked
    0 times
    Hello everybody, I'm a new one here!

Just like to say how refreshing it is to find somewhere that is specifically about Brit films. How fed up I get with all the 'style over content' trash that has been pouring out from over the pond.

I feel that our cinema and tv has been so influencial over the years, with oh so little recognition being given.

Anyhow, enough of that, I have a number of burning questions about many films and progs and will be asking much over the coming months, no doubt.

Also in my job, I have been involved with several film & tv locations in and around Surrey that I may be able to give something too.

Time is short now but I look forward to chatting.

See you all soon.

Sid

Liked
    151 times
    Good Morning Sid and welcome. I'm sure you'll find plenty of threads of interest buried away here - if not just start a new one!

Liked
    0 times
    Hi

I've been lurking around here for a while and thought it was about time I introduced myself! Particularly pleased to see so many other Hammer fans on the forums!

Anya

Page 6 of 196 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast