Page 76 of 196 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 3904
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    name='enigma']Hello people........New addition to this site......War films/documentaries/dramas are among my intersts. Have a particular thing for Secret Army (New re runs on the History Channel at the minute) at the minute and anything to do with Bletchley Park, home of the enigma. Hope to use this site for more modern releases as well.......Looking forward to the Valkerie release at Christmas.

Welcome -

You'll find lots of people with the same interests (obsessions!). Have fun and ask as many questions and give as much info as you like. I've found everyone very helpful and enthusiastic.

I'm also watching Secret army....

Cheers

Richard

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    69 times
    name='Jamesbo']Hello film buffs. I was introduced to this site by Marky B with whom I work at the club with. I'm sure I'll be spending many hours here.

Welcome,James Bo

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    0 times
    hello

was brought to this site via a discount offer on steptoe and son

and thought i'd join as i love british films

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    A very big Bat-welcome to all new members!

Liked
    0 times
    Hi Guys, its great to fing such a brill forum. I love old british films. My favourites are Ealing comedies, Looking for a film already so will post in the correct section.

Senior Member Country: UK Chevyman's Avatar
    Liked
    44 times
    name='Boxer']Hi Guys, its great to fing such a brill forum. I love old british films. My favourites are Ealing comedies, Looking for a film already so will post in the correct section.

Welcome. You'll be right at home here

Ealing comedies? I'm sure you'll find all the answers you ever dreamed of..............and more

Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone, so excited to find this website, with forums discussing everything about British (and some other) cinema that I love. I'm a huge fan of Powell and Pressburger, Sidney Gilliatt, David Lean, John Schlesinger and Joseph Losey, like most of you, I guess.

Have recently seen the Lady Vanishes, The Wicked Lady and The Passionate Friends at the BFI. It's the first time I've seen these movies on the big screen and what a difference that makes! Able to appreciate the greatness of both Hitchcock and Lean, but someone behind me giggled her way through all of TWL, which rather ruined the effect.

Gypsy

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    name='Gypsy']Hi everyone, so excited to find this website, with forums discussing everything about British (and some other) cinema that I love. I'm a huge fan of Powell and Pressburger, Sidney Gilliatt, David Lean, John Schlesinger and Joseph Losey, like most of you, I guess.

Have recently seen the Lady Vanishes, The Wicked Lady and The Passionate Friends at the BFI. It's the first time I've seen these movies on the big screen and what a difference that makes! Able to appreciate the greatness of both Hitchcock and Lean, but someone behind me giggled her way through all of TWL, which rather ruined the effect.

Gypsy

You have excellent taste! Presumably you know about the Sydney Gilliat season at the NFT in November which offers a rare chance to see State Secret among others.

Liked
    0 times
    Hello, I'm from the Netherlands and one of my favorite past times is watching movies. I have quite a collection on dvd. And I love watching british (costum) drama series and movies (it's a good thing we can get BBC 1 and 2 over here).

Liked
    0 times
    Hello,

I found this site this afternoon and joined straight away.

Just the sort of content I'm interested in.

Liked
    0 times
    name='CaptainWaggett']You have excellent taste! Presumably you know about the Sydney Gilliat season at the NFT in November which offers a rare chance to see State Secret among others.

Yes, thank you I am booking in and it looks like Nov. will be a busy month! Don't know if I've got the hang of this replying/posting thing - I put a picture up under my profile, but it doesn't seem to be working. Will keep trying.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    name='Gypsy']Yes, thank you I am booking in and it looks like Nov. will be a busy month! Don't know if I've got the hang of this replying/posting thing - I put a picture up under my profile, but it doesn't seem to be working. Will keep trying.

I'm seeing a picture but I don't recognise the actress

Senior Member Country: Australia wadsy's Avatar
    Liked
    40 times
    A young Deborah Kerr? Its a nice picture whoever she is!

Liked
    0 times
    Been lurking a few times while seeking info on various films.

Look forward to official lurking henceforth.

Interests: crime, thrillers from 50s mainly.

Best wishes to all.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I'm Nicole. I'm studying film at A2 level at the moment along with Classics and History.

I've just finished my first short film which I am going to enter as my exam piece. ANy constructive criticism is good :)

Thanks.

YouTube - Silent (2008)

Liked
    0 times

Hello All, am and quite shy at the moment. Am looking for the name of the film and it's actors. All I can tell you it is British, about an aging group of guys and a girl who get together to form their old band and ROCK. It was one of the best films I've seen for a long time but I can't remember the title or the cast I just know it was wonderful. Any one out there. The time period of the film is probably the late eighty's, nineties. not sure.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Still Crazy?

Liked
    0 times
    hello everyone

big british film fan,(oldies mainly)anyway looking forward to chatting.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    I've just been directed here by a very helpful member and true to my name I am firmly rooted in the 60s, mainly TV rather than films, and have plenty of serious trivia to share and discover plus hopefully some lost programmes from way back I have seen you are able to dig up for many people.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi

This looks like a brilliant site. I'm mainly interested in TV from the 60's and 70's (remembering my childhood!) Off to have a look around now.....