Page 80 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 3904
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello I'm hung.

I found this forum during a search for Snow white and the 7 Perverts, which was mentioned as a funny short by a friend.

Finally the curiosity got too much and I had to know what this film was like. As yet I have not downloaded the offering, but it's on my to do list (when I can sit still long enough).

I enjoy films and I am writing a screenplay. Writer's block or just the thought of living among all this concrete has dried up my bank of ideas presently, but I have found something of a new direction so I now need to focus on the burning question:

*which is more purposeful, to continue with this storyline as I began, collating all the notes I made since College (started writing this at Script and Screen class and continued on after the course), or try and begin afresh with the new idea?*

Hmmmm *taps chin thoughtfully*

I will chew that over. ;-)

Anyways ... it is nice to find a site where I can talk film with others until the cows come home ;-)

best,

hung x

Liked
    0 times
    HIi all! found this site while looking for info on 'straw dogs' love that film,plus Wicker man,withnail & i an many more.Lookin' forward to posting and reading about these an many more great british films!

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello, out there! First post, first time I've ever joined a site like this. In a few weeks, I'll have aged out of the cherished 18-49 advertiser demographic, and I couldn't care less! When I was 18, Hammer was freshly dead, and the idea of having their horror, sci-fi and other flicks nearly complete on my shelves was a notion I could have only scoffed at!

I inherited my love of film and TV from my father, but our tastes are almost completely different. When I was growing up on another world called Minnesota, I got to go to the movies nearly every weekend. While I saw most of the current releases of the day, the ones I would bring to school with me the next week were almost always the horror and sci-fi shows. And the Bonds, of course.

I realize now how spoiled I was--almost none of the other kids I knew ever got to see 1/5 of the stuff I did--it's not that they were poor, it's more that their parents were such up-tight types, that they just never let their kids see anything unless it was 'safe'.

'Robinson Crusoe on Mars' was about the safest title there was in those days--and to this day, I've never met anyone my age who actually recalls seeing stuff like 'She', 'Evil of Frankenstein' 'The Devil's Own' (as I knew it then') or even 'Five Million Years to Earth' in the theater. (I'll stop with the American titles right there)...

Then there were the Saturday night TV runs, where I got to see 'Curse of the Werewolf', 'Night Creatures' and 'Brides of Dracula', etc., etc. Yep, I got ruined early, and am still loving it--I can't believe I picked up a film that seems to have been forgotten by Hammer itself the other day--'The Snorkel'.

A little contrived, but then so are a lot of murders in real-life (not to mention their defenses...). I think it does a good job of sticking to its' own internal logic, and I really like the tension engendered by the girl's final decision in the end...great stuff.

I read here the other day that it was cut down from about 90 minutes--any idea what happened to the rest of the footage, and what it was about? Can anybody here ask Jimmy Sangster? As to that, why hasn't anyone ever brought this film up before? I've read many an interview with him...and I would never have known this was a Hammer had it not been for a chance reference I came across while I was actually trying to dig stuff up on 'The Maniac'. Got that too, by the way...

I could go on, but I've probably already been tagged as a windbag...at least I have no political ambitions. Why? because I know the minute I began to make sense to people, they'd shoot me!

Martin

Liked
    0 times
    Hi my name's Barrie, live in Nottingham - very new to computers and this is my first attempt at forums - have always been a film fan since I was 12 - this site looks great.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    69 times
    A welcome to you,Barrie,from all of us!

Ta Ta

Marky B

Senior Member Country: England earlb's Avatar
    Liked
    15 times
    Including me, another Nottinghamian since 1975

Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone I have just posted this introduction in the wrong section now I'm in the right one I hope, hope I'm not in trouble., anyway I hope to be helped as well as help.

Liked
    0 times
    Hello, I'm new here!

Apart from the obvious British classics, I'm also interested in more obscure British TV and film.

Survivors, Sapphire and Steel, Beasts, M.R James: Ghost Story for Christmas, Children's Film Foundation Films, The Changes, The Stone Tape, Day of the Triffids, Threads, The War Game, London to Brighton in 4 Minutes, Brimstone and Treacle, etc.

I'm always looking for new stuff to watch, so if you think I'll like anything from that list, let me know!

Liked
    0 times
    A very good morning to you all - delighted to have finally joined a site that I have enjoyed browsing in the past!

By way of introduction, a list of my favourite British films; I would be very happy to talk the ears off anyone regarding these!

39 Steps, The (1935)

African Queen, The (1951)

Alfie (1966)

Becket (1964)

Big Job, The (1965)

Bridge on the River Kwai, The (1957)

Brazil (1985)

Browning Version, The (1951)

Clockwork Orange, A (1971)

Control (2007)

Dead Man's Shoes (2004)

Double Bunk (1961)

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)

Elephant Man, The (1980)

Gandhi (1982)

Gangster No. 1 (2000)

Get Carter (1971)

Ghost of St. Michael's, The (1941)

Goose Steps Out, The (1942)

Gregory's Girl (1981)

Happiest Days of Your Life, The (1950)

Hobson's Choice (1954)

If.... (1968)

In Bruges (2008)

Ipcress File, The (1965)

Italian Job, The (1969)

Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949)

Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, The (1943)

Life of Brian (1979)

Lady Vanishes, The (1938)

Ladykillers, The (1955)

Laughter in Paradise (1951)

Lavender Hill Mob, The (1951)

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998)

Lolita (1962)

Long Good Friday, The (1980)

Lucky Jim (1957)

Man Who Would Be King, The (1975)

Matter of Life and Death, A (1946)

My Learned Friend (1943)

Naked Truth, The (1957)

Night to Remember, A (1958)

O Lucky Man! (1973)

Omen, The (1976)

Our Man in Havana (1959)

Paper Mask (1990)

Passport to Pimlico (1949)

Peeping Tom (1960)

Pygmalion (1938)

Rebel, The (1961)

School for Scoundrels (1960)

Seance on a Wet Afternoon (1964)

Sorcerers, The (1967)

Third Man, The (1949)

Titfield Thunderbolt, The (1953)

Too Many Crooks (1959)

Trainspotting (1996)

Two Way Stretch (1960)

Wallace & Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005)

Whistle Down the Wind (1961)

Wicker Man, The (1973)

Witchfinder General (1968)

Wrong Arm of the Law, The (1963)

Zulu (1964)

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='MajorGowen']A very good morning to you all - delighted to have finally joined a site that I have enjoyed browsing in the past!

By way of introduction, a list of my favourite British films; I would be very happy to talk the ears off anyone regarding these!

Good morning Major,

Welcome to the forum

The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp

A Matter of Life and Death

Peeping Tom

They sound interesting, what can you tell me about them?

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Hi there,

I am a huge fan of the carry on movies, originally I am from UK now live in Canada

Liked
    0 times
    name='Steve Crook']Good morning Major,

Welcome to the forum

The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp

A Matter of Life and Death

Peeping Tom

They sound interesting, what can you tell me about them?

Steve

A very good afternoon to you Steve!

By the look of your avatar, I'm guessing there is very little I could tell you about these movies that you don't know already...

Although having said that, I do know a rather fun bit of movie gossip about one of Pamela Green's scenes from Peeping Tom!

Liked
    151 times
    The rules are in the thread Forum Rules above.

Senior Member Country: Moldova Midwich cuckoo's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    So after my over excited attempts at adding to threads, I've finally found where I should be as a new boy. I would love to know if anyone can help me with info on Langley Park as an old Britfilm/tv location. I'm convinced that a significant scene from A Matter of Life and Death was shot there, so if anyone (Steve C) can help me here that would be great!

Regards, Pete

Senior Member Country: England popeye's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone, just signed up, i found this site this very evening when i "googled" looking for info on the film "live now pay later" with ian hendry, and joind up right away,

names ian and i live in Havant just outside portsmouth, i've always enjoyed old b/w films and especially british ones, i recently started transferring my VHS collection onto DVD's as i got a HDD/DVD recorder/player as a present, the space saveing of DVD's is tremendious and a great releif to my wife who was always moaning about the amount of space the cassettes take up, most of my films have been recorded from tv and over many years so as some are of too bad a quality picture or soundwise even for me i'm gradually building up a list of films to replace,

i've been buying some from ebay and while ordering some from a regular seller he told me another seller had just sold two "copys" of the above film for �40 &30 each so thought i'd find out al little about the film,

looking forward to a good read through the forums and maybe getting involved in some of the chat

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    name='popeye']

looking forward to a good read through the forums and maybe getting involved in some of the chat

I hope you do Ian!.......welcome aboard

Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone just registered stumbled on the site looking for info on some films I remember seeing as a child [a l-o-n-g time ago!] I am sure to be calling on you all for help so thenks in advance

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    name='Midwich cuckoo']So after my over excited attempts at adding to threads, I've finally found where I should be as a new boy. I would love to know if anyone can help me with info on Langley Park as an old Britfilm/tv location. I'm convinced that a significant scene from A Matter of Life and Death was shot there, so if anyone (Steve C) can help me here that would be great!

Regards, Pete

Welcome Pete; if you have any screengrabs of the shots you are enquiring about, please post them, so we can help/ give our twopennorth; but I was under the impression that the Rhodedendron sequence you mention was studio-bound....

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='MajorGowen']A very good afternoon to you Steve!

By the look of your avatar, I'm guessing there is very little I could tell you about these movies that you don't know already...

Although having said that, I do know a rather fun bit of movie gossip about one of Pamela Green's scenes from Peeping Tom!

Well it's always interesting to hear what people think of them and why they like them - or even why they don't like them as long as it's not just "I don't like it and anyone who does must be an idiot"

You can always start a new thread to talk about them in the British Films and Chat area

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Hello

I hope I'm at the right place to introduce myself - I followed the link from the Forum Rules.

I chanced on this site and am amazed to see so many enthusiasts and all this information on old British movies...!!

Most of my friends seem fixated on Hollywood Blockbusters ( the bulk of which I loate ), while I have to hide my love of creaking old dramas with Alastir Sim etc. I was heartened to read recently that Kate Bush loves old Will Hay movies!! One up for the fogies!

I always associate these pictures with days off school back in the 70s ( sick or on holidays etc) and, of course, they are therefore charged with great nostalgia. Over the years I have tried to tape some when they come up from time to time on TV ( usually at ungodly hours like 3am.).

The problem is I am very ignorant of the subject, and most of the movies I'd like to see again are only vague memories, but maybe some of you would be able to help identify??

I recall watching a movie years ago which I though was great but can remember virtually nothing about it except it was really enjoyable. I think the title was '11 Dulcimer Street'. Does anyone know this one?

Again - wonderful site and I'll be a regular!

Michael.

Thanks to all the 'hello's' from you all.............and to Harryfielder for the Varney crack! It doesn't actually refer to Reg ( or Manter...very good by the way), but to a character in Victorian fiction which I've collected for years.

I've had a suggestion that the movie I was asking about - 11 Dulcimer Street - might be actually called something else - London Belongs to Me....Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,

Michael.

It just occured to me that I should put this query in the 'Ask a Question' section. Apologies....

Michael.