Page 93 of 196 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 3904
    Liked
    0 times
    Ive just joined this wonderful community so Im just saying Good Evening to all.

Margaret Rutherford is on TCM at the moment in Murder at the Gallop. Great stuff !

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='quippy']

I'm from Whitby. They do a fair bit of filming round here ....

And they make great fish n chips too!

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    Welcome Sally!

xx

Liked
    255 times
    name='SallyR']Ive just joined this wonderful community so Im just saying Good Evening to all.

Margaret Rutherford is on TCM at the moment in Murder at the Gallop. Great stuff !

I have a friend called SallyR .... but I don't think it's you!

Liked
    0 times
    Hello and its good to know that I am now part of a community of like-minded film devotees with a focus on British films. If I have to start anywhere then I propose to do so with what I consider to be Hollywood's/the Oscar-Academy's greatest bo-bo in failing to award the movie industry's very own totem to Peter O'Toole's for his performance as Lawrence. I believe that David Lean's masterpiece remains one of the most iconic representations of the art/science of movie-making, the visual cinematic impact on the senses unmatched in the industry's annals. Of course, Robert Bolt's screen play, Jarre's score, Freddie Young's cinematography and acting performances from all supporting actors made their individual and collective contribution, too. Lean was surely Britain's greatest film maker, although 'Hitch's' career and impact on cinema was as great in its own way as my personal nominee for Britain's greatest film maker.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Well it did win 7 Oscars, including Best Director and Best Picture.

But O'Toole was up against some other good performances that year including Burt Lancaster in Birdman of Alcatraz. But the Oscar for Best Actor was won by Gregory Peck for To Kill a Mockingbird.

But the Oscars are rarely considered to be the best indication of what's really good. There's too much (industry) politics involved in the voting

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    69 times
    name='pongo']Hello and its good to know that I am now part of a community of like-minded film devotees with a focus on British films. If I have to start anywhere then I propose to do so with what I consider to be Hollywood's/the Oscar-Academy's greatest bo-bo in failing to award the movie industry's very own totem to Peter O'Toole's for his performance as Lawrence. I believe that David Lean's masterpiece remains one of the most iconic representations of the art/science of movie-making, the visual cinematic impact on the senses unmatched in the industry's annals. Of course, Robert Bolt's screen play, Jarre's score, Freddie Young's cinematography and acting performances from all supporting actors made their individual and collective contribution, too. Lean was surely Britain's greatest film maker, although 'Hitch's' career and impact on cinema was as great in its own way as my personal nominee for Britain's greatest film maker.

Hi,Pongo

Lawrence Of Arabia is my favourite film. However,as Steve pointed out,I think the Academy could be forgiven for giving Gregory Peck the Best Actor Oscar for his tour-de-force performance in To Kill A Mockingbird.

It was such a pity he was pitted against other fine performances as in his titular role he was pivotal throughout the entire film.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I'm smorgs - I'm new.

This is my first post, so be gentle with me...

Firstly, a big shout and Happy Birthday to Wadsy - I hope you read this. I too remember Gerry Sundquist from Chorlton. I was thinking about him and googled, links led me to this site (aren't computers great?).

I went to school with his sister, but can't remember her first name, was it Teresa?

Sorry, I know it's not friends reunited, but, did you go to St Johns?

Liked
    0 times
    hi ive just joined this site i found by chance on the net . my main intrests are old film and tv programmes mostly from around the 70s im hoping to find some im looking for. simo

Liked
    0 times
    Hi Guys!

That great list of crime films posted by batman reminds me of one of my all-time faves, 'Get Carter'.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi :)

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Hi Dave!.......I take it you're a Car enthusiast?

Liked
    0 times
    hi to everyone at britmovie,

just tumbled across this site while looking around.

looks very interesting.

Liked
    255 times
    Welcome lesfran.

Liked
    0 times
    Hello everyone , love british films . just found this site , very impressed so far .

Senior Member Country: Europe
    Liked
    36 times
    name='skidmark35']Hello everyone , love british films . just found this site , very impressed so far .

Welcome.

You'll find a lot of useful information here and if you've any questions - the chances are if it can't be answered here, it can't be answered anywhere.

You will find the odd obsessive but on the whole they're pretty harmless.

Liked
    0 times
    name='Mark O']Hi Dave!.......I take it you're a Car enthusiast?

How did you guess

Liked
    0 times
    hi every one new here

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello, i have just signed up after doing some research and having some questions answered in the forums. Already a font of all knowledge before i had signed up. I was talking to my friend about the lack of Will Hay biog's and a post from a few days ago has informed me that there is one on the way.

big fan of ealing and hammer and of course powell and pressburger to name but a few!

Liked
    0 times
    Hello Folks, I just found this site and hope to learn and contribute.