Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone have a copy of this rock 'n' roll biopic? I've seen it for sale at The Video Beat, but at $29.00 for a dupe I'll only consider going that route as a last resort. Thanks!

Liked
    0 times
    I would love to get a copy of this also. I saw it twice 11 years ago (to the week) on uk gold. I've been told the odd copy gets on eBay now and again but i've never seen one.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    I always suspect the evil grip of Macca-Yoko in these machinations. I can't help but wonder what the availability of Beatles-related works would be if Yoko and Paul had been the first two gone instead of John and George.

This BIRTH and LET IT BE are the two big pieces missing, and I don't understand if these people think that the two works will be forgotten, or there is a belief that bigger profits can be gained by withholding them for a few more decades? Centuries?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I have "The Birth Of The Beatles" on DVD with a full menu system, picture and sound quality is very good.

PM me if interested.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    A lot of the DVD's doing the rounds are of the edited, redubbed American broadcast, but I have on DVD the original unedited BBC version of BIRTH OF THE BEATLES complete with all the nudity and swear words if anyone is interested in a swap/trade.

Liked
    0 times
    evil grip of Macca-Yoko ?

That's a bit much. I think someone else needs to get a grip.

Regardless, the film is pretty bad and hardly accurate.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    I think someone needs to loosen up and see the fun instead of grassy knolls everywhere.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times

... the grassy knoll

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Babalugats']evil grip of Macca-Yoko ?

That's a bit much. I think someone else needs to get a grip.

Regardless, the film is pretty bad and hardly accurate.

To be fair, I dare say that there is some truth in this (it's no secret, is it, that Sir Paul is something of a control freak, though I mean no disrespect to the man, since I consider him to be something of a genius and would be happy to credit him with almost single-handedly keeping The Beatles together against considerable odds during their last few years - for which I am eternally grateful).

Whatever the truth, though, it can be no coincidence that various film projects, BIRTH OF THE BEATLES and COMPLETE BEATLES most prominent amongst them, have all but been wiped off the face of popular culture. For my part, I've always assumed that Apple (to de-personalise it a touch, although someone rather important in Beatles-terms must ultimately be responsible for the directives on such matters) bought the rights to these and shelved them in order to get them off the market to make room for the Apple-authorised version of events in the shape of The Anthology CDs, TV series, DVDs and book (which, although it promised warts and all insight, is still a slightly glossy re-telling).

On a different note, the reason why 'Let It Be' hasn't seen the light of day for so long appears to have actually been down to George (according to the 33rpm pocket-size book on the album of the same name) who felt that the film represented a dark time in his life which he wanted to forget.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Has Paul commented on The Ruttles?

Steve