Thread: The Gorge ?

Liked
    0 times
    I am looking for a play from the BBC, first broadcast in the late sixties and I think repeated some years ago. The plot lone basically being two families in I think the Bristol area who go for a picnic day out. Both have teenage children who become "friendly" I seem to remember the girl ends up in her knickers. It is a study of the lower middle class being looked down upon by the upper middle class. The whole play is extremely funny.can anyone tell me if I have the correct title, and does anyone have a copy.

Kind Regards

Mick Isaacs

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes indeed, it is a Wednesday Play called The Gorge by Peter Nichols and directed by Chris Morahan. Stars Neil Wilson. It was repeated in 1993. I do havce ti but dont have copying facilities at present, but should have in a while. Great play though.

Liked
    0 times
    Yes this is the one set in Cheddar Gorge. I can never go there without remembering the play!!

Would you kindly add me to your "wanting a copy" list as well please Pye? I'd love to see it again after all these years!

With many thanks!

Member Country: UK Ealingfilmfan's Avatar
    Liked
    2 times
    I remember there was quite a bit of controversy in the newspapers when it was first broadcast in the late sixties, I can't recall seeing though, or if I did I have forgotton....

Maybe it will come round again.............

Senior Member Country: Scotland lostintown's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a copy of this.

If anyone wants a trade, I would be happy to run off a copy.

Just drop me a PM.

Liked
    0 times
    I also have a copy of this, intersted in trading , please pm me