Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is a British movie or not but is one of my first memories of film. It's an old horror movie in black and white. I can't remember the story line because I was very young when I saw it but i'm pretty sure it's a ghost story. All I know is that it's set in a hotel (haunted I presume) and all I can remember is that one of the characters hears noises from the walls of their room. It's a very spooky film (maybe because I was so young) and i'd love to track it down to satisfy my nostalgia if nothing else...

Sorry this is so vague, there must be countless old films that satisfy my loose criteria but nevertheless... any ideas?

Thanks,

Jake.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    2 times
    Whistle and I'll Come To You?

It has a hotel and ghostly noises but the horror is only hinted at:

BFI | Books & DVDs | DVDs & Videos | Whistle and I'll Come to You

D

Liked
    0 times
    Yeah, that sounds about right (the horror only being hinted at) and i've just checked out a screenshot and it looks the same sort of style as the one i'm looking for. I'll need to get hold of it and check. Thanks for the help! i'll let you know

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    name='jake-ed']Hi, I'm not sure if this is a British movie or not but is one of my first memories of film. It's an old horror movie in black and white. I can't remember the story line because I was very young when I saw it but i'm pretty sure it's a ghost story. All I know is that it's set in a hotel (haunted I presume) and all I can remember is that one of the characters hears noises from the walls of their room. It's a very spooky film (maybe because I was so young) and i'd love to track it down to satisfy my nostalgia if nothing else...

Sorry this is so vague, there must be countless old films that satisfy my loose criteria but nevertheless... any ideas?

Thanks,

Jake.

This is a bit of a long shot. There was a series of supernatural chillers aired by the BBC way back in the 60's. There is one that has stuck in my mind ever since because it freaked me out so much I wouldn't go anywhere in the house on my own !

The story was called "Do Not Linger At The Door Of Room 13" and it did feature a strange hotel and scenes where the occupant kept hearing noises coming from the walls.

I remember it as being spooky beyond belief but then again I was a just a nervy little kid at the time.

(Still am)

Liked
    0 times
    I seem to vaguely remember that story.

Liked
    0 times
    Could also have been The Haunting, the original black & white film, not a hotel when it was made (Now Ettington Hall Hotel, near Stratford On Avon) but sure had nasties in the walls and halls.