Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    4 times
    I realise that Miss Read may not be required reading for some of you - or is that judgemental? <sigh> life is so difficult these days...

However, one of Miss Read's settings for her books is "Thrush Green" based upon the real life "Wood Green" area of Witney in Oxfordshire, from whence I am typing this missive!

I know that a TV film (don't know which channel) was made some time before 1988 about Wood Green/Thrush Green. I think it was a "this is what the location is like now" film, so may have been part of a series about authors real-life locations, or may just possibly have been a one-off. Sounds like the sort of thing the BBC might have done in the past, or maybe ATV, given the location.

I'd REALLY like to get hold of a copy of this film/TV programme - I realise this is a longish shot, but more obscure films have turned up on this forum and I await with bated breath to see if anyone has this in their archive

Can you possibly have a look amongst your collections and see if you have it, or know where it may be found, please?

Many thanks

Rob

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    4 times
    Just bumping this back up - anyone any ideas? I realise this isn't going to be easy....

rgds

Rob