Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Everyone

I seem to have had quite a bit of luck on the forum in tracking down long lost films and info so i wonder if any Gerry Anderson fans may be able to help here...

If you are a fan of Gerrys work you will no doubt be aware of a little known pilot show he made in 1973 called "The Investigator".

This combined puppets and live action and was a sort of cross beetween "The Protectors" and "joe 90" !!!

I was wondering if any readers know of any good quality copys of this show in circulation...?

I have a copy myself but the quality is awful with large dropouts in the video during the opening and closing credits

If anyone can help out can they get back to me

Thanks

Mike

PS...A remake of Straw Dogs....!!....I see a fate similar to the Wicker Man remake!!...please leave these old classics alone!!!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    name='mikeluxy']Hi Everyone

I seem to have had quite a bit of luck on the forum in tracking down long lost films and info so i wonder if any Gerry Anderson fans may be able to help here...

If you are a fan of Gerrys work you will no doubt be aware of a little known pilot show he made in 1973 called "The Investigator".

This combined puppets and live action and was a sort of cross beetween "The Protectors" and "joe 90" !!!

I was wondering if any readers know of any good quality copys of this show in circulation...?

I have a copy myself but the quality is awful with large dropouts in the video during the opening and closing credits

If anyone can help out can they get back to me

Thanks

Mike

As I'm sure you know, The Investigator was never publicly screened (it really is bloody dreadful, as Gerry himself admits), which is why copies circulating in fan circles are so ropey - there has never been any form of official release. The only copies I've seen sound similar to yours, which is why his appreciation society, Fanderson, rarelly, if ever, screen it at conventions.

Good luck with your search, though.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Just posted it a few weeks back on You Tube.

YouTube - The Investigator (Seg 1 of 3)