Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times

Maxwell Reed in a 50s TV series filmed on location in Mexico. Release date 31/07/07 from Alpha Video at oldies.com

Bats.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    Fantastic! I love it when an old British filmed series turns up that I've never ever heard of.

Typed out that it looks like I'm being sarcastic, but I love that there's always more to learn if you're a fan of old TV and films.

Liked
    255 times
    Especialy with old TV. I have just watched a couple of episodes of the 1950s Invisible Man series. It is really enjoyable and full of those classic Britmovie/BritTV faces of yesteryear. If only we had more of them now.

Bats.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    Oh, HG Wells' Invisible Man is great - it surprisingly similar to the first season of Danger Man. Not too surprising considering it was from the same production team I suppose, but at times it was like watching an invisible John Drake.

I'm really lookig forward to seeing Network's box set of this.

Liked
    255 times
    I just received my copy of '... David Grief'. Have only had time to have a quick look but the picture and sound quality on the four episodes is very good. The stories feature smuggling, a killer octopus, mysterious demons and a femme fatale. Should be good fun. A proper review (of sorts) will follow when I have watched them.

Bats.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Lord Brett']Fantastic! I love it when an old British filmed series turns up that I've never ever heard of...
    I am the same way. There's such a stark difference between '50s TV-for-entertainment and just about all later decades FX took over so many chores once required by the viewer's imagination. Giant octopus, indeed. This sounds terrific.

I can only wonder what would have happened if Devil Girl From Mars had made an appearnace! ha ha

Liked
    255 times
    name='ChristineCB']

I can only wonder what would have happened if Devil Girl From Mars had made an appearnace! ha ha

Max would probably have legged it thinking Joanie was coming back to get him!

Bats.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Talking of Miss Collins' exes, when Anthony Newley was on "Wogan", the great investigator asked if he had seen Joannie in "Dynasty". Newley replied that he had to look at her for eight years and that was enough! However, shortly after that they appeared to become friendly again, certainly Collins spoke well of him on her tv appearances, and they even did a tv series together. Of course they had children, maybe they brought them together again.

Liked
    255 times

I have now watched this DVD. All four episodes are really good fun with Max obviously enjoying himself immensely. Picture and sound quality are very good and the production values fairly high for a series of this type, including a lot of location filming in Mexico. Good value for around a fiver. More please ...

Bats.