Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public Eye

Liked
    0 times
    Looking for episodes of Public Eye the series starring Alfred Burke. I Have both the Network Boxsets and several episodes from series 3 and 4 but I am looking for any episodes that I dont already have.

These are the episodes apart from the Network releases which I already have if anybody can help I have loads of hard to find proggies to swap from...

PUBLIC EYE (STARRING ALFRED BURKE AS PRIVATE ENQUIRY AGENT FRANK MARKER EPISODES FROM THE FINAL 2 SERIES (ALL REGION ONE AND VARIABLE PICTURE AND SOUND QUALITY BUT WATCHABLE) THE GOLDEN BOY / NOBODY WANTS TO KNOW - FIT OF CONSCIENCE/ HARD TIME - UNLUCKY FOR SOME / WHATS TO BECOME OF US - LIFER / TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER - NO ORCHIDS FOR MARKER /THE FATTED CALF - THEY ALL SOUND SIMPLE AT FIRST - HOW ABOUT A CUP OF TEA / HOW ABOUT IT FRANK

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the commercial 1969 and 1971 series of Public Eye can anyone tell me if there are going to be any more series released, IMHO public eye was one of the finest shows ever made.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='marker']I have the commercial 1969 and 1971 series of Public Eye can anyone tell me if there are going to be any more series released, IMHO public eye was one of the finest shows ever made.

I emailed Network about this sometime ago and they replied by saying that they had no immediate plans to release any more. Simply a case of watch and wait I suppose.

Bats.

Liked
    0 times
    name='batman']I emailed Network about this sometime ago and they replied by saying that they had no immediate plans to release any more. Simply a case of watch and wait I suppose.

Bats.

thats really a shame I suppose I will just have to live in hope that they will release another series in due course

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    name='marker']thats really a shame I suppose I will just have to live in hope that they will release another series in due course

You are far from being alone there....

Senior Member Country: Tokelau
    Liked
    0 times
    name='marker']

thats really a shame I suppose I will just have to live in hope that they will release another series in due course

I wouldn't be too surprised if you do see another release from Network in the future (next year maybe).

If their current 'web exclusives' programme proves commercially successful, then it's quite possible.

Remember, the only reason the releases stopped was disappointing sales.

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    name='Modular']I wouldn't be too surprised if you do see another release from Network in the future (next year maybe).

If their current 'web exclusives' programme proves commercially successful, then it's quite possible.

Remember, the only reason the releases stopped was disappointing sales.

Bear in mind that the last series they did release was a web exclusive....and then it stopped.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    I agree about Public Eye being a fine series. If you know of UKNova, there has been extensive uploads there, of episodes not released on DVD, including three re-discovered episodes, form the '60's.

Like many other series, it's a great shame many episodes were deleted from the vaults during that era.

tv.com has episode guides and quotes.

Liked
    0 times
    name='penfold']

Bear in mind that the last series they did release was a web exclusive....and then it stopped.

Oh indeed. But it was very much a one-off (at the time), and I don't think it was handled particularly well (do you remember the arguments for and against between regular Network purchasers).

I know plenty of people deliberately didn't buy it until it became available through the other online retailers.

This time around, the whole 'web exclusive thing' seems better thought out, and (if we assume the move proves successful for Network) I'd say there's a much better chance of another series showing up.

Only time will tell.

Liked
    0 times
    name='Modular']Oh indeed. But it was very much a one-off (at the time), and I don't think it was handled particularly well (do you remember the arguments for and against between regular Network purchasers).

I know plenty of people deliberately didn't buy it until it became available through the other online retailers.

This time around, the whole 'web exclusive thing' seems better thought out, and (if we assume the move proves successful for Network) I'd say there's a much better chance of another series showing up.

Only time will tell.

well lets just hope that Network will bring out more of this wonderful well made and acted series in time, what I like so much about public eye is that its just so down to earth which then makes it just so believable, as to web exclusives I must admit I am hanging fire on buying Danger man 2 till it gets cheaper

Liked
    0 times
    I agree, a most excellent programme. Thankfully all the episodes made by Thames TV from 1969 survive intact and, as we know, the 1969 and 1971 series have been issued on two first class Network DVDs absolutely intact and unedited.

That of course leaves the remaining 1973 and 1975 series which have yet to see the light of day commercially. I understand UK Gold in the early days transmitted all colour episodes in the '90s which would include the above.

Three 1960s ABCtv made episodes survive on VT in addition to the two telerecorded episodes already issued on the released sets.

In addition, another superb potential extra is the "Armchair Theatre" production, "Wednesday's Child" which was made as a prelude to the episode, "My Life's My Own". This apparently survives on colour VT with Prunella Ransome taking on the role of Shirley Marlowe in place of Stephanie Beacham.

We can only hope!

Liked
    0 times
    name='marker']

well lets just hope that Network will bring out more of this wonderful well made and acted series in time, what I like so much about public eye is that its just so down to earth which then makes it just so believable

Oh absolutely. Personally, I think Alfred Burke is such a good actor, and the role of Marker was one he was almost born to play.

name='marker']

...as to web exclusives I must admit I am hanging fire on buying Danger man 2 till it gets cheaper

Oh, no judgemant was intended on my part on whether people agree with web exclusives or not. Each of us votes in the direction our wallets take us!

If the current (and future) web exclusives prove successful for Network (and I hope they do), it's likely we'll see more releases (like Public Eye), as they'll be financially more viable to produce.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    A few episodes exist in audio only format. One of these was included in the boxed set release, anyone know where to find the others please?

Liked
    0 times
    personally I think if the two remaining series were brought out I think they would sell extremely well indeed as this was such a popular program, I for one would buy them tomorrow if I could whatever the price.

Liked
    0 times
    name='marker']

personally I think if the two remaining series were brought out I think they would sell extremely well indeed as this was such a popular program, I for one would buy them tomorrow if I could whatever the price.

As good a programme as it is (and as popular as it was in the day), it's still a minority title in 2007, and the remaining two series are unlikely to sell many more than the first two from Network I'm afraid.

Liked
    0 times
    name='Modular']As good a programme as it is (and as popular as it was in the day), it's still a minority title in 2007, and the remaining two series are unlikely to sell many more than the first two from Network I'm afraid.

well one can never tell after buying the first and second series of the Power Game I well thought thats it it does not seen to be selling well, and people are not mentioning it very much, but hey presto the third series is scheduled to come out later this year I was very surprised about this as its a minority program compared to Public Eye.

Liked
    0 times
    name='marker']

well one can never tell after buying the first and second series of the Power Game I well thought thats it it does not seen to be selling well, and people are not mentioning it very much, but hey presto the third series is scheduled to come out later this year I was very surprised about this as its a minority program compared to Public Eye.

The first two series of The Power Game sold very poorly. It's only Network's 'web exclusive' initiative that's prompted the announced release of Series Three.

I'm very much looking forward to watching it myself...

Liked
    0 times
    name='Modular']The first two series of The Power Game sold very poorly. It's only Network's 'web exclusive' initiative that's prompted the announced release of Series Three.

I'm very much looking forward to watching it myself...

yes I watched the The Power Game when it was first aired and to me its still as good today as it was then, but then again we are back to the fact that they found the right person to play John Wilder it was such a pity that Patrick died so young, just a thought has anyone any eps of the Planemakers I would love to watch an episode of this again.

Liked
    0 times
    name='marker']

yes I watched the The Power Game when it was first aired...

I believe it was extremely popular when originally broadcast.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    name='Mark Antony']I agree about Public Eye being a fine series. If you know of UKNova, there has been extensive uploads there, of episodes not released on DVD, including three re-discovered episodes, form the '60's.

Like many other series, it's a great shame many episodes were deleted from the vaults during that era.

tv.com has episode guides and quotes.

Can you point us in the direction of further details about the rediscovered episodes? This sounds realy interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast