Liked
    0 times
    Hello all,

When I was at school at L'boro in 91-92, my mates and I saw this hilarious spoof, though I don't remember the name of the show, nor what station it was on. Details are below and any help would be appreciated as I;ve been wanting to see this again for 15 years now.

The segment spoofed the Manchester music/sampling scene of the early 90's, profiling this 3-man "band" who would "get their inspiration fro the streets." This entailed seeing Sale signs at local businesses, including "These are our last few days," "Everything must go," and "huge reductions" and weaving those into a club mix complete with wailing background singer.

One of the band members was asked about his tattoo that said "Individual." He replied he didn't know why he got it, but all his mates had it so he figured it was a good idea.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any help for a states-bound Yank pining for his days in England would be great.

cheers,

simon

Senior Member Country: Ireland Edward G's Avatar
    Liked
    107 times
    Hi Simon,

I'm nearly sure I saw this brilliant sketch in the early to mid 90's and I think it was a Harry Enfield creation, made for BBC television a while after after he moved on from his wildly popular "Loadsamoney" character. Could have been included in the series "Harry Enfield's television Programme"... or the later "Fast show" with Paul Whitehouse.

Does anyone out there know the source or have a copy to trade?

Must be plenty of Harry fans out there ; for a good while he was unmatchable as THE TV comedy act...

name='coventry']Hello all,

When I was at school at L'boro in 91-92, my mates and I saw this hilarious spoof, though I don't remember the name of the show, nor what station it was on. Details are below and any help would be appreciated as I;ve been wanting to see this again for 15 years now.

The segment spoofed the Manchester music/sampling scene of the early 90's, profiling this 3-man "band" who would "get their inspiration fro the streets." This entailed seeing Sale signs at local businesses, including "These are our last few days," "Everything must go," and "huge reductions" and weaving those into a club mix complete with wailing background singer.

One of the band members was asked about his tattoo that said "Individual." He replied he didn't know why he got it, but all his mates had it so he figured it was a good idea.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any help for a states-bound Yank pining for his days in England would be great.

cheers,

simon

Liked
    0 times
    name='Edward G']Hi Simon,

I'm nearly sure I saw this brilliant sketch in the early to mid 90's and I think it was a Harry Enfield creation, made for BBC television a while after after he moved on from his wildly popular "Loadsamoney" character. Could have been included in the series "Harry Enfield's television Programme"... or the later "Fast show" with Paul Whitehouse.

Does anyone out there know the source or have a copy to trade?

Must be plenty of Harry fans out there ; for a good while he was unmatchable as THE TV comedy act...

Edward,

Brilliant. I'll google it and see what comes up. It was, quite seriously, one of the funniest things I ever saw on television :)

Thanks for the lead!