Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Anyone got a copy of this spy flick starring Frank Sinatra and Peter Vaughan?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    name='destructive dandy']Anyone got a copy of this spy flick starring Frank Sinatra and Peter Vaughan?

sorry have not, but a cracker of a film.

Liked
    0 times
    I know....its a shame it isnt available commercially

Liked
    0 times
    I do believe I may have this one.

Liked
    1 times
    It gets shown now and again on TV, but I've never seen it in widescreen, which is a shame as it's by Sidney J Furie in full Ipcress File mode. The ending is a real let down, though - it's like there's a scene missing.

Maybe Sinatra got bored and cleared off!

Liked
    0 times
    You're kinda right Lord Brett (love the name, Persuaders is one of my all time faves) Sinatra was being a bit of a prima donna and actually left the shoot to marry Mia Farrow. Furie had to direct some scenes using a stand in

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='destructive dandy']Sinatra was being a bit of a prima donna and actually left the shoot to marry Mia Farrow. Furie had to direct some scenes using a stand in

While making the spaghetti western Navajo Joe in Spain, Burt Reynolds was told he had to report back to his US studio to start a new season of the series Dan August 3 weeks early. This left director Sergio Corbucci with a bit of a problem as he hadn't shot any of the climactic fight between Burt and the baddies. What he did was shoot short takes of Burt in various action movements and poses, these being solo shots, shots with an adversary and shots around and within the town set, and cut them into a sequence he subsequently worked out from the shots he filmed with Burt. The man and his editor were geniuses because when you look at the film the fight plays seamlessly and is actually very exciting.

Bats.

Liked
    1 times
    name='batman']While making the spaghetti western Navajo Joe in Spain, Burt Reynolds was told he had to report back to his US studio to start a new season of the series Dan August 3 weeks early. This left director Sergio Corbucci with a bit of a problem as he hadn't shot any of the climactic fight between Burt and the baddies. What he did was shoot short takes of Burt in various action movements and poses, these being solo shots, shots with an adversary and shots around and within the town set, and cut them into a sequence he subsequently worked out from the shots he filmed with Burt. The man and his editor were geniuses because when you look at the film the fight plays seamlessly and is actually very exciting.

Bats.

That's a brilliant story. Corbucci is probably my favourite Spaghetti Western director after Leone. A Bullet for the General is particularly good - it turns up on Movies4Men, but the DVD is well worth investing in.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='Lord Brett']That's a brilliant story. Corbucci is probably my favourite Spaghetti Western director after Leone. A Bullet for the General is particularly good - it turns up on Movies4Men, but the DVD is well worth investing in.

A Bullet For The General is part of my spaghetti western dvd collection. It is a fine film. My personal favourite Corbucci is The Great Silence.

Bats.

Liked
    0 times
    Just found my tape of THE NAKED RUNNER. It's on the Warner label and is a US video release, long out of print.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi Marc thanks, yes I'd still be interested in obtaining a copy

Senior Member Country: UK Geoffers's Avatar
    Liked
    5 times
    name='Lord Brett']It gets shown now and again on TV, but I've never seen it in widescreen, which is a shame as it's by Sidney J Furie in full Ipcress File mode. The ending is a real let down, though - it's like there's a scene missing.

Maybe Sinatra got bored and cleared off!

I've love to see this one again, too. I'm sure Sinatra had some kind of control over this film. I say this because John Barry once said he was sent the script and asked to score it. He asked if he could see the film first, but was told that working with Sinatra would be a pleasure and good for his career, and he didn't need to see anything but the script. He insisted on seeing the film, but "Sinatra refused," so he turned down the assignment.

Years later Sinatra was approached to sing the theme to Moonraker, then entitled "Think of Me" and written by Barry & Paul Williams. He turned them down!

Liked
    137 times
    If anyone has a copy of Sidney J Furie's The Naked Runner starring Frank Sinatra and the great Derren Nesbitt on DVD and fancies a trade I would be grateful if they would PM me.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Its on Film four all the time, or TCM. Cant remember which. Hope thats of help

Liked
    0 times
    It is quite often on TCM in a very nasty pan and scan print. The director, Sidney J. Furie, composed his widescreen images very carefully and pan and scan completely ruins the film. If anyone has a 2.35:1 print, I would be very interested.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    Next showing on TCM is on the 20th of October.

Senior Member Country: England Harbottle's Avatar
    Liked
    92 times
    Another seeking this film, even a nasty P&S would be welcome on DVD. Please do drop me a PM, I have quite a bit of film and telly available so hopefully swapsies can be arranged. Thanks :)

Senior Member Country: England Harbottle's Avatar
    Liked
    92 times
    Sorted now, thanks to a kindly BritMovian

Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone have a copy of this to trade please?

Liked
    4 times
    My Mum used to have one...sadly, the daft cow seems to have gotten rid of ALL her videos!!!