Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator Country: UK christoph404's Avatar
    Liked
    77 times
    phew, back to the normal design format for the site, I was finding it very difficult to read and negotiate the graphics on the Halloween design, it was a nice thought but I found the black background and blue and red text quite difficult on the eye! consequently I didn'tstay too long on the site.....will there be a christmas design?....

Senior Member Country: Vietnam hankoler's Avatar
    Liked
    5 times
    I would agree chris. it was too much for me too, good idea though.

Liked
    1 times
    364 days off now until the next bout of demanding money with menaces....... oh, sorry, Trick or Treat. Damn yankee crap....mutter, mutter.......

It's only the shops using it to flog cheap and nasty hats n'masks anyway....

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='Harleybloke']364 days off now until the next bout of demanding money with menaces....... oh, sorry, Trick or Treat. Damn yankee crap....mutter, mutter.......

My boy loved it. We all had loads of fun and didn't disturb anyone who didn't want to be involved.

No more pictures of Mrs Sheva for you Harley ....

Bats.

Senior Member Country: Germany Wolfgang's Avatar
    Liked
    9 times
    It looked really nice, but doesn't everything seem so claustrophobic when it is so dark?

Senior Member Country: Europe
    Liked
    36 times
    It was possible to switch to the normal view.

There was a dropdown menu on the bottom left that allowed users to switch back.

Liked
    1 times
    name='batman']My boy loved it. We all had loads of fun and didn't disturb anyone who didn't want to be involved.

No more pictures of Mrs Sheva for you Harley ....

Bats.

Shame, she could trick or treat me anytime...........................

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    5 times
    I had a great time with 20 kids and a party for my daughter and loads of kids screaming well seeing im off work today.

Liked
    69 times
    That's what Halloween should be - a party in the house for kids,and not going around people's houses asking for money. Likewise,carol singing,I think parents should get together and organise the kids to sing carols in the street,during the day,and if people wishes to give money,they can. They will get a lot more if it is going to charity.

Ta Ta

Marky B

Liked
    5 times
    name='Marky B']That's what Halloween should be - a party in the house for kids,and not going around people's houses asking for money. Likewise,carol singing,I think parents should get together and organise the kids to sing carols in the street,during the day,and if people wishes to give money,they can. They will get a lot more if it is going to charity.

Ta Ta

Marky B
    I agree i never would let my daughter go round knocking doors for one its too dangerous now especially in the dark and the kids have a better time having a party and playing games in the house and giving us parents a good headache plus a sleep over after wards and keep me up until 4am telling ghost stories.

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    Needed more Orange

Liked
    0 times
    I made up loads of bags with fruit and Maltesers and Cadburys Dairy Milk and Refresher bars - and not once child turned up. Guess what I will be eating tonite!

By the way - found the Halloween colours difficult to read

Cheers from Ambrosia

Liked
    255 times
    name='Marky B']That's what Halloween should be - a party in the house for kids,and not going around people's houses asking for money. Likewise,carol singing,I think parents should get together and organise the kids to sing carols in the street,during the day,and if people wishes to give money,they can. They will get a lot more if it is going to charity.

Ta Ta

Marky B

In our neighbourhood there was no bother at all last night. All the kids trick or treating were 10 or under and were in small groups accompanied by adults. Most of us went to pre-arranged destinations or to houses where there were Halloween decorations outside. All the kids had a fantastic time.

The party idea sounds great too, I think we might have one ourselves next year.

Bats.

Liked
    5 times
    Tonight im having my party time a nice bottle of red in front of the tele.

Liked
    9 times
    I am against celebrating Halloween - we should not be inviting Satan into our lives. It is still basically devil worship no matter how innocent certain activities seem. My family's only acknowledgement of this heathen night used to be putting turnip in our front window to ward off demonic spirits.

Liked
    255 times
    name='Wolfgang']I am against celebrating Halloween - we should not be inviting Satan into our lives. It is still basically devil worship no matter how innocent certain activities seem. My family's only acknowledgement of this heathen night used to be putting turnip in our front window to ward off demonic spirits.

I am for anything that brings a smile to the face of children.

Bats.

Liked
    3 times

Originally Posted by Wolfgang

I am against celebrating Halloween - we should not be inviting Satan into our lives. It is still basically devil worship no matter how innocent certain activities seem. My family's only acknowledgement of this heathen night used to be putting turnip in our front window to ward off demonic spirits.
    I thought Halloween stemmed from Pagan culture, which was more like Sun worship than devil worship. The established church at the time had to steer folk away from Paganism to join the church instead, and so started the rumours about it being devil worship. Once in their clutches they had to knuckle down like good little peasants and work their nuts off to support the clergy and the landed gentry's affluent lifestyle, for fear of ending up in Hell.

Many of the Christian festivals stem from Pagan culture, including Christmas, which originally was half way through the winter months. Food which had been carefully stored and preserved from the harvest was brought out to enjoy as a special treat, which is probably why such things as nuts, dried fruit in cakes and puddings, dates etc and evergreen foliage became part of the traditional Christmas at home!

I'd have preferred a Scalextric or a train set at Christmas, along with a tin of Quality Street and a couple of DVDs but unfortunately in the old days these were pretty scarce!

Trick or Treating I think comes from America, and as I say to anyone who openly embraces the lifestyle of the US of A to the detriment of our own culture, "If it's so fantastic why don't you go and live there, hot diggety!"

Liked
    255 times
    name='samkydd']

Trick or Treating I think comes from America, and as I say to anyone who openly embraces the lifestyle of the US of A to the detriment of our own culture, "If it's so fantastic why don't you go and live there, hot diggety!"

As I have said several times on this forum Trick or Treating is not American in origin ....

''The practice of dressing up in costumes and begging door to door for treats on holidays goes back to the Middle Ages, and includes Christmas wassailing. Trick-or-treating resembles the late medieval practice of "souling," when poor folk would go door to door, receiving food in return for prayers for the dead on All Souls Day (All Hallows Day). It originated in Ireland, and is still popular there, and in some parts of England, Wales and Scotland.[5] Shakespeare mentions the practice in his comedy The Two Gentlemen of Verona (1593), when Speed accuses his master of "puling [whimpering, whining], like a beggar at Hallowmas."[6]''

.... so I will continue to embrace the culture of The Britsh Isles and Ireland.

Bats.

Liked
    9 times
    At Halloween you often get Satanists and drunk students holding seances or summoning demons, and children are much more exposed these days. Schools don't have daily prayer sessions nowadays as part of its multi-faith appeasement, and also fewer children are being baptised so they have become more 'exposed', and as result I think we are seeing many more cases of demonic possession. Child psychologists have this new term for it: Attention Deficiency Syndrome. But i think it is no coincidence that these so called 'condition' seems to be increasing as we become more godless.

Liked
    255 times
    name='Wolfgang']At Halloween you often get Satanists and drunk students holding seances or summoning demons, and children are much more exposed these days. Schools don't have daily prayer sessions nowadays as part of its multi-faith appeasement, and also fewer children are being baptised so they have become more 'exposed', and as result I think we are seeing many more cases of demonic possession. Child psychologists have this new term for it: Attention Deficiency Syndrome. But i think it is no coincidence that these so called 'condition' seems to be increasing as we become more godless.

My son suffers from Attention Deficit Hyperacivity Disorder which is a recognised medical condition and has absolutely nothing to do with religion/satanism/bad parenting or any other crap you care to vomit forth.

My son has been baptised and is brought up in a household which practices high moral values. He is also a very caring and loving child. If you wish to continue insulting him and other children who suffer from this extremely difficult condition I suggest you educate yourself first.

Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bats.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast