Senior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    1 times
    It was my great pleasure to see this film again this week.

I first saw it in the eighties and thought what a great film it was then and to my delight it is still a treat to watch today.

The film revolves around a New Year's Eve party held at young Larry's place, held without his parents knowledge and while they are celebrating elsewhere.

The fun and mayhem at the party makes for an excellent film.

Look at the line-up of young actors appearing in the film - Karl Howman, Caroline Quentin, Gary Olsen, Nick Berry, Kim Thomson, Perry Fenwick and Sean Chapman. There are many other familiar faces appearing.

The one who steal's the show though for me is Daniel Peacock. He is brilliant and very funny as the dopey Toby who is trying to impress the birds.

Daniel also co-wrote the films script. What a great shame that we do not see more of him on our screens.

To compliment this film there is a simply 'killer' soundtrack featuring the likes of Elvis Costello & the Attractions, Altered Images, Madness, Bad Manners, Dave Edmunds, Sting, The Clash, The Undertones and The Rezillo's, to name a few.

If you were around in the eighties, trying to pull at parties, getting drunk and getting into bother, then you will love this film. You will find the film very nostalgic.

Even if you were not, it is still a cracker of a film.

Dave.

Liked
    0 times
    Totally agree - I waited a long time until I got the dvd cheap, so must have had over 20 years between viewings. Plus I got the soundtrack on vinyl when it first came out.

Senior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew 76
    Totally agree - I waited a long time until I got the dvd cheap, so must have had over 20 years between viewings. Plus I got the soundtrack on vinyl when it first came out.
    Hi Andrew,

Have you been able to transfer the soundtrack to MP3 format?

I would love to get the 'Party, Party' track by Elvis Costello & The Attractions.

I cannot find it anywhere.

You would think that it would/should have appeared on one of his own albums.

Dave.

Liked
    0 times
    Hey coolio,

I was just surfin the net and did a search for "party party" the film. I have always wanted to see this film. It has particular significance for me cos I used to live around the corner frm where it was filmed in Hendon, NW London. It is interesting cos me and some mates were at one time planning on getting into said house cos it was old and "seemed" abandoned, don't get me wrong I was a kid and it was an adventure not some criminal opporunity. Anywayz we tried kicking in the back door and it wouldn't give so we gave up. Then a few mths later it was on the news that 2 ladies who lived in the house got trapped in a cupboard and died! Good job we didn't get in, imagine finding them! Yeah so the house was sold and done up and they made the film about a year after that. I can remember the camera crews and stuff vividly.

would luv to know where u saw it was it on tv? I don't remember it being a major film but couldn't get in cos of me age at the time.

Anywayz chat soon

mac

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I met Daniel Peacock with his kid when we were queuing up to see Labyrinth and he kindly gave me his autograph and chatted to me for a while. He seemed like a very nice man.

We rented Party Party when it first came out on video. I always remember the last line 'Suprise'!