Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: After the Fox

  1. #1
    Senior Member Country: UK
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    149
    Liked
    0 times
    peter sellers at his best....even brit ekland is superb ....but for me the star is american actor victor mature...so many good funny scenes....music by the hollies....any more info?????????

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Country: UK christoph404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,652
    Liked
    77 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fred kite
    peter sellers at his best....even brit ekland is superb ....but for me the star is american actor victor mature...so many good funny scenes....music by the hollies....any more info?????????
    I absolutely love this film! Directed by Vittorio De Sica of all people! Britt Ekland looks ravishing as "Gina Romantica" and Victor Mature came our of retirement to parody his hollywood beefcake image, he plays washed up and aging star "Tony Powell" ,and he does it brilliantly! The sequence in the second half of the film where Sellers masquerades as a film director on location had me crying with laughter. The rest of the cast is pretty good too, Martin Balsam as Mature's agent and Akim Tamiroff is in it too. Original script by Neil Simon and music composed by Burt Bacharach....what more could you ask! Its perhaps not one of Sellers' best known films but it is a real gem.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Country: UK
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    149
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by christoph404
    I absolutely love this film! Directed by Vittorio De Sica of all people! Britt Ekland looks ravishing as "Gina Romantica" and Victor Mature came our of retirement to parody his hollywood beefcake image, he plays washed up and aging star "Tony Powell" ,and he does it brilliantly! The sequence in the second half of the film where Sellers masquerades as a film director on location had me crying with laughter. The rest of the cast is pretty good too, Martin Balsam as Mature's agent and Akim Tamiroff is in it too. Original script by Neil Simon and music composed by Burt Bacharach....what more could you ask! Its perhaps not one of Sellers' best known films but it is a real gem.
    yep...victor matures sidekick is superb......... martin balsam......and the scene where everyone is in the shot where brit ekland and victor mature see each other ....total gold......this film is very rarely mentioned anywhere

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    332
    Liked
    0 times
    I really enjoyed this film!



    Great pop music theme by the Hollies, and such an original idea - Peter Sellers plays it for laughs... and I'm still laughing!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Country: UK
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,044
    Liked
    1 times
    love the scene when Mature takes a punch to the guts and then walks calmy into another room and collapses.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    476
    Liked
    0 times
    This is where I get confused over what is a Britfilm. I have always thought of AFTER THE FOX as an Italian film, filmed with an Italian director in Italy.



    I agree about the theme song- I think I was one of the few people who bought the Hollies single of it when it came out.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Country: UK christoph404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,652
    Liked
    77 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cosmo
    This is where I get confused over what is a Britfilm. I have always thought of AFTER THE FOX as an Italian film, filmed with an Italian director in Italy.



    I agree about the theme song- I think I was one of the few people who bought the Hollies single of it when it came out.
    I guess its quite an international production considering the casting. Im thinking because Sellers is the star and it was filmed in English rather than Italian gives it a Brit credential!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    332
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cosmo



    I agree about the theme song- I think I was one of the few people who bought the Hollies single of it when it came out.
    I think quite a few people bought the single...not one of the Hollies' biggest maybe but a commercial success nevertheless. The single was probably more popular than the movie...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts