Liked
    0 times
    ALF'S BUTTON AFLOAT has really got to be the funniest, most original, perfect comedy ever to come out on film. It's a film I can watch over and over again. It's sad that it's virtually unknown in the States and, so it seems, mostly forgotten in the UK. I wish I had other CRAZY GANG films in my collection. I hear GASBAGS and OK, for SOUND are just as good.

I would appreciate your input on this. I came to BRITMOVIE because I have no one here to consult with.

CLARA

Liked
    0 times
    it comes up on late night tv here from time to time (it usually screens at something like 2.30 am). i taped it a few years back and watch it every now and then. not only is it funny, but it's so fresh and different. i think it's the crazy gang's best film - and alistair sim was perfect as the genie - and the ending is almost surreal.

anyone know where i can find a genie - i've got a couple of wishes i want granted......

Liked
    0 times
    I do have all of The Crazy Gang fiilms.If you are interested please get in touch.

Liked
    0 times
    Being a Yank and a woman, I don't understand these sporting terms. Does FA stand for

F--k All?

Was the FA Cup behind the ARSENAL STADIUM MURDER?

Dame Clara

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    FA stands for Football Association or Fanny Addams.

''The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England and the Crown dependencies of Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man. ''

''Fanny Adams (April 1859-24 August 1867) was a young girl murdered by a solicitor's clerk named Frederick Baker in the town of Alton, Hampshire, England. The expression "Sweet Fanny Adams" refers to her and has come, through British naval slang, to mean "sweet f--k all" or "nothing at all".''

The FA Cup does not feature in The Arsenal Stadium Mystery.

Bats.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Clara Bow
    Being a Yank and a woman, I don't understand these sporting terms. Does FA stand for

F--k All?

Was the FA Cup behind the ARSENAL STADIUM MURDER?

Dame Clara
    The Arsenal Stadium Murder was based on a story by Reginald Gribble and distributed by GFD>It is a very entertaining film which all true Gooners like myself possess.If you would like a copy i am more than happy to let you have a copy.My photo to the left was taken at the last ever event at the Stadium as it is now,alas being turned into a housing development.The 2 main stands are listed buildings and are being retained.They are Art Deco marvels and really unique.If you would like photos of the stadium again i would be happy to send them to you.So the film is also a unique record of the stadium and also of a team which was still at its peak having won 5 championships in 8 years.

Liked
    0 times
    Thank you, ORPHEUM & BATS for educating me.

CLARA