Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robbery 1967

Senior Member Country: UK homeguard's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Check out the rear window. Doebag will put me right (I hope), but I think the 3.4 had a smaller rear window than the 3.8.

Over to you Doebag.

Regards,

HG

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by homeguard
    Check out the rear window. Doebag will put me right (I hope), but I think the 3.4 had a smaller rear window than the 3.8.

Over to you Doebag.

Regards,

HG

I dont think so, but stand to be corrected. Without going too far off topic, the MK2 Jag was preceded by what was retrospectively called the MK1 . before that, the MK1 was just known as Jag 2.8 and 3.4. These earlier models had the same body shape but with much thicker door pillars and front and rear windscreen surrounds.

AFAIK, the S-type windows were the same as the MK2

The 3.8 only came as a MK2 model, and yes the colour of the Badges on the radiator grill do reflect the engine size.

Liked
    0 times
    Again some real pistonheadshere.

The mk1 had smaller rear screen and was only 2.4 or3.4 The rear wheel arches had lower spats and the front grille had wider slatts.I will check DVLA by the registration for the litre and post it.The dvd release date is july.At least I can upgrade my dvd.

lenny

Super Moderator Country: UK christoph404's Avatar
    Liked
    77 times
    Quote Originally Posted by narabdela
    Sorry to be pedantic, but I've noticed two references to S-Type jaguars being involved in the car chase. Since the S-Type wasn't introduced until 1999 this is highly unlikely!

I presume you mean the 2.4 or 3.4 Jags that the retro S-Type paid homage to.

(Ronin was the best)
    Another piston head here to add my tupence worth! The classic 1960s jaguar was indeed called an S Type, Jaguar just nicked the name of a classic 60s icon to give a modern 1999 car a bit of "retro style" in the same way that BMW nicked the name of "Mini Cooper" to make a new version of a 60s car.The classic S- type was introduced in 63-64 and the modern S-type as you say was introduced in 98-99

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    I didn't notice in the credits, but according to imdb George Markstein was one of the four *writers*, credited in this movie. Was his name actually on-screen does anyone know?

This must have been one of his first non-journalistic gigs............. He's mentioned as a *script consulant* in *Not so Jolly Roger*....... but was not a writer and even in the final two episodes of Danger Man, he's an *editor* rather than a *writer* ......

*Arrival* must have been one of his first actual writing credits...........

Anyone know the esoterics of all these working titles and duties ?

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moor Larkin
    I didn't notice in the credits, but according to imdb George Markstein was one of the four *writers*, credited in this movie. Was his name actually on-screen does anyone know?
    Yes it was:

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mariocki
    Yes it was:
    Thanx .........

The project must have been almost coincident with The Prisoner. That opening gassing scene struck me as *reminiscent* when I watched the opening scenes.....

Three writers, one of whom is the director as well? And an original story from a fourth....

Written by a commitee?

Any clues as to who did which bits?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12