Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    My favourite BBC series of recent years, State of Play, is to get the Hollywood big budget feature remake treatment. I stumbled on to this information on IMDB by reading that Russell Crowe is to replace Brad Pitt in the leading role.

Crowe Saves 'State of Play'

Russell Crowe has been confirmed as Brad Pitt's replacement in political thriller State Of Play after Hollywood-strike related issues forced the Troy star to pull out of the project. Director Kevin MacDonald flew to Crowe's native Australia in a bid to persuade him to take the role immediately as production begins this month. Pitt, 43, was onboard the film for months, but pulled out citing concerns with the script - sparking Hollywood fears the actor may face legal action from studio bosses at Universal Pictures after walking away from a film that was stalled by a strike. A star-studded cast including Edward Norton, Dame Helen Mirren and Rachel McAdams have already signed on to the film, an adaptation of the 2003 British TV miniseries

State of Play (2003)

State of Play (2008)

Bats.

Senior Member Country: Aaland dremble wedge's Avatar
    Liked
    85 times
    Yes, not sure about this, but I imagine it'll be fun seeing Helen Mirren in Bill Nighy's role!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    150 times
    State of Play to be remade

Why?

YDSL x.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='Starry-Eyed']Why?

YDSL x.

Because Hollywoodland has run out of, or is scared of any new ideas

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    There originally was the idea to cast Bill Nighy for his role again for that remake. What do you think? Would that have worked? Or do you prefer it all new casted (as far as you can say now)?

Liked
    255 times
    name='StrangeFruit42']There originally was the idea to cast Bill Nighy for his role again for that remake. What do you think? Would that have worked? Or do you prefer it all new casted (as far as you can say now)?

I can't say that I am too impressed by the male casting of the remake. Crowe (if he does take the role) is too big a personality for Cal. I feel a hefty re-write coming on. I have never been a fan of Edward Norton but I can see his rather smarmy film persona fitting the Collins character. Helen Mirren is good casting in Bill Nighy's role. If Crowe does do the film, then the role of Cameron being played by a strong actress could work fine. The trickiest casting will be the roles of Dominic Foy and Dan Foster (Marc Warren and James McEvoy) ... these two characters were IMHO the most interesting in the series.

Bats.

Liked
    0 times
    I just read that Edward Norton jumped off and is replaced by Ben Affleck. I consider Edward Norton a ''bit'' of a better actor. Let's just hope they won't replace James McAvoy's role with Zac Effron or so.

Liked
    255 times
    name='StrangeFruit42']I just read that Edward Norton jumped off and is replaced by Ben Affleck. I consider Edward Norton a ''bit'' of a better actor. Let's just hope they won't replace James McAvoy's role with Zac Effron or so.

Affleck was superb in Hollywoodland. I have never heard of Zac Effron.

Bats.

Liked
    0 times
    Zac Effron is that boy from High School Musical. All the little girls are swooning about that guy.