Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Everyone

Im thinking of getting the Network DVD set of Danger man (the one with the Hour long shows)

Ive noticed an American set which is quite reasonable with the American title "secret agent".

I understand the US set has a vocal version of the theme sung by Johnny Rivers....Does anyone know if the Edwin Astley Theme (with the Harpsichord) features at all in these episodes...?

Liked
    0 times
    No don,t know , but the safe bet is to buy the Network set ,its brilliant featuring High Wire Danger Man theme and theSecret Agent Man song.Plus contains lots of Ted Astleys incidental music.Well worth the money...

Senior Member Country: England Harbottle's Avatar
    Liked
    92 times
    The American versions have different music and credit sequence. I will be unwrapping the Network set on the 25th The Network site is the cheapest place to obtain it too. The bonus goodies include:

Special Features include:

� The definitive account of the making of the hour-long Danger Man series by Andrew Pixley, presented as an exclusive book

� Feature-length version of Koroshi

� Extensive image gallery accompanied by a suite of Edwin Astley�s incidental music

� The Sidney Cole script archive - PDFs of almost every hour-long Danger Man episode

� Gallery of Somportex chewing gum cards

� Introduction to The Galloping Major by Earl Cameron

� Introduction to A Date with Doris by Jane Merrow

� Introduction to The Mirror�s New by Wanda Ventham

� Koroshi Movie Trailer (audio only)

� Three trailers for Secret Agent

� Destination Danger titles (French)

� Secret Agent titles (US)

� UK Opener Rushes

� Commercial Break Bumpers

� Textless Material (mute)

� End Title Music Suite

� Book Cover Gallery

� Danger Man Annuals PDF

Super Moderator Country: Fiji
    Liked
    114 times
    The US sets are from British (Harpsichord) prints and the SECRET AGENT theme is only included as an extra, not the main title.

I just gave my US sets to charity and asked for the NETWORK set for Xmas, as I am sure they will be better....

Smudge

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    name='mikeluxy']Hi Everyone

Im thinking of getting the Network DVD set of Danger man (the one with the Hour long shows)

Ive noticed an American set which is quite reasonable with the American title "secret agent".

I understand the US set has a vocal version of the theme sung by Johnny Rivers....Does anyone know if the Edwin Astley Theme (with the Harpsichord) features at all in these episodes...?

Yes they do use the relevant British titles - IIRC the Harpsichord theme you mention is the second version the series used - but the US theme is included as an extra.

Liked
    0 times
    Its a terrific set...buy it

Senior Member Country: Tokelau
    Liked
    0 times
    As an aside, I'm currently watching the Australian Umbrella release of the half-hour episodes.

Very enjoyable.

I'll be looking to get the (UK) Network boxset of the hour-long episodes sometime in the New Year.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times

I believe I will also be getting this Network set from Father Christmas

Liked
    114 times
    name='Modular']As an aside, I'm currently watching the Australian Umbrella release of the half-hour episodes.

Very enjoyable.

I'll be looking to get the (UK) Network boxset of the hour-long episodes sometime in the New Year.

Mod -

The episode UNDER THE LAKE; I swear this used to contain a very brief snippet of location footage (in the trailing sequence I think) of The Fairy Glen Hotel, up near Portmeirion. This doesn't appear in the UK boxed set of the half hours - could you have a squint at the ep. on your set and tell me if it's there or not ? It appears just a little before Drake's taxi arrives outside Gate House at Portmeirion.

This has driven me mad of late as I know it was in the early 80s CH4 screening and a friend took us to the location shortly thereafter. It also appears in Anthony McKay's original print run of the Guide to Avengerland...

Thanks,

Smudge

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='smudge']

The Fairy Glen Hotel, up near Portmeirion.

Fantastic, magical place.

Bats.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times

The USA set is very good and the harpsichord intro and end is on all episodes.

Liked
    0 times
    name='smudge']Mod -

The episode UNDER THE LAKE; I swear this used to contain a very brief snippet of location footage (in the trailing sequence I think) of The Fairy Glen Hotel, up near Portmeirion. This doesn't appear in the UK boxed set of the half hours - could you have a squint at the ep. on your set and tell me if it's there or not ? It appears just a little before Drake's taxi arrives outside Gate House at Portmeirion.

This has driven me mad of late as I know it was in the early 80s CH4 screening and a friend took us to the location shortly thereafter. It also appears in Anthony McKay's original print run of the Guide to Avengerland...

Thanks,

Smudge

My set is currently at work (on the DVD Walkman).

I'll have a look at it for you, and post back tomorrow evening Smudge.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    Al, I've had a look at my Umbrella set and at about 6:34 the shot of Drake on the train dissolves into one of him in the taxi turning a left hand corner which has stone walls either side. Then there's a shot from inside the taxi looking at Drake in the back seat and there's a predominately white building just visible out of the rear window to the right. Is this what you were thinking of? The next shot is a forward facing one looking at the car they're following with the stone wall only visible to the left and then they arrive at Gate House.

Liked
    0 times
    You beat me to it mariocki!

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your help everyone...much appreciated.

While on the subjext of ITC shows does anyone have any updated info on a soundtrack CD of Incidental Music and themes from Randall and Hopkirk (1968)which was advertised on the Network DVD Boxset as "coming soon...."

Liked
    0 times
    name='mikeluxy']Thanks for your help everyone...much appreciated.

While on the subjext of ITC shows does anyone have any updated info on a soundtrack CD of Incidental Music and themes from Randall and Hopkirk (1968)which was advertised on the Network DVD Boxset as "coming soon...."

I believe they're looking to release a few CDs in 2008. Keep an eye on Network's website from time to time.

Liked
    114 times
    Ref. Fairy Glen -

Thanks chaps. I am sure that the hotel was previously more prominent than as Mariocki has said - I wonder if something went astray as prints were fixed/cleared up. Wish I had my old VHS for comparison...

I'll frame-by-frame the sequence on my set now and see if it too has that brief glimpse in the rear window.

Smudge

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    name='mariocki']Al, I've had a look at my Umbrella set and at about 6:34 the shot of Drake on the train dissolves into one of him in the taxi turning a left hand corner which has stone walls either side. Then there's a shot from inside the taxi looking at Drake in the back seat and there's a predominately white building just visible out of the rear window to the right. Is this what you were thinking of? The next shot is a forward facing one looking at the car they're following with the stone wall only visible to the left and then they arrive at Gate House.

Hi Mariocki, that is good research, well impressed

did you see my mesage about Sion House Man in a Suitcase??

Senior Member Country: Great Britain mariocki's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times
    name='stevie boy']did you see my mesage about Sion House Man in a Suitcase??

I must confess I can't remember Stevie! Did you go and find it was closed until the new year or am I mixing it up with something else?

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    I some of each; American and British. Both are excellent.

Ruth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast