Thread: Harbour Lights

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    First off, I hope you all had an extremely enjoyable Christmas!

Okay then, I'm after a copy of the above BBC series if possible. I believe only 15 episodes were made so I'm hoping somebody might have recorded and them stashed away somewhere.

Again, thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Regards

tellingbone

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    if you have Sky Digital you will be able to see Harbour Lights on the LIFE ONE channel which is on EPG 197 and the series has been looped for around 2 months now. it's shown at 9pm most nights

Liked
    0 times
    Hi, thanks, yes it's seeing this that reminded my wife that she wanted to have a copy of the whole series for posterity! Trouble is, we don't get very good reception on that particular channel so recording from it would be pointless.

Liked
    0 times
    Harbour Lights was an okay series, it is ironic they make then cancel stuff like this, but continue to make some total rubbish reality drivel.D

Liked
    0 times
    name='tellingbone']I believe only 15 episodes were made

name='tellingbone']we don't get very good reception on that particular channel so recording from it would be pointless.

There were actually 16 episodes made and most episode guides seem to miss the 2nd episode off them, which is entitled "Marie Celeste". I'm recording them onto DVD-RW and will be encoding them with full menus onto DVD+R in the correct series running order once I've got the full collection, so if you still want a set, just let me know. The full series will be on 8 DVDs with 2 Episodes on each disc. the sound and pic quality is very good too.

Liked
    0 times
    Can anyone fathom the reasoning behind Life One's scheduling pattern? They seem to repeat Harbour Lights episodes at random occasionally slipping in a new one. They are also doing the same thing with Dr Finlay. How can they expect to establish a regular viewing audience when it appears to be impossible to follow a series?

Liked
    0 times
    Uk gold do the same showing say four episodes of the same show on the same night out of sequence as for the reception i think your find that it may be quality of the copy ,like on uk gold dad,s army map on the opening credits looks brown rather than green

Liked
    0 times
    name='Kinvig']Can anyone fathom the reasoning behind Life One's scheduling pattern? They seem to repeat Harbour Lights episodes at random occasionally slipping in a new one. They are also doing the same thing with Dr Finlay. How can they expect to establish a regular viewing audience when it appears to be impossible to follow a series?

The Thursday night episodes of HL & DF seem to be the new ones.

Liked
    0 times
    name='tgunnell']as for the reception i think your find that it may be quality of the copy ,

I don't think so. If that was the case, why would the channel as a whole be unwatchable?

Liked
    0 times
    name='Capture King']The Thursday night episodes of HL & DF seem to be the new ones.

Thanks for that information. I'll give it a try.