Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    I saw part of a movie recently - French language, made, I think very recently, about a girl who works in an office in France (Paris?) and has an affair with her boss. One evening while "engaged" (so to speak) on the floor with her boss, the son (Jnr.) of the owner of the company walks in surprises them. Jnr holds a senior management position - but does not control the company. Jnr uses this indiscretion to fire the girl's boss and soon after begins a torrid affair with the girl. He makes her a proposition - that if she agrees to marry him, he will make it worth her while. Apparently, his father will sign the company over to him only if he marries and settles down. The plan is that once he has control of the company, he will divorce the girl and pay her a large sum of money. She agrees to this and subsequently marries him. However, soon after the wedding, and after he has gained control and ownership of the company, one of Jnr's ex-girlfriends who bears a long-standing grudge, appears on the scene and shoots him dead. The wife (as next of kin) then, inherits the company. Has anyone any idea what the name of this movie is?

Rgds

pick

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    It sounds like part of the very complex storyline that made up the French series Spiral that was shown on BBC4 a while ago. It was in about twelve parts so you could have caught an episode. It was an excellent series.

Bats.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I know exactly the movie you're talking about. But I can't remember the name.

The girl starts off getting fired from working in a bar, and she and a second girl plot to work their way up the company - they agree to only use relationships and sex as a tool, and not to fall in love, but the second girl does fall in love with Jnr, and it is she who shoots him.

It'll come to me.... :)

<EDIT>

Yup, I've got it, it is...

Choses secr�tes (2002)

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey Paul,

Thanks for replying. After checking, you are quite correct - SOLVED !!!!

I saw part of the movie on one of the Sky channels as I was suffering with

flu on New Year's Eve at about 3.30 a.m. - hence, I didn't note the title and

the Radio Times did not list the movie at all.

Thank you again.

Rgds

Pick