Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone have any Videos of this one (1) Season TV Show. PM Me.

grebmoolb

Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    I thought I had read somewhere that it's believed all copies have been destroyed?

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    name='KMJvet']I thought I had read somewhere that it's believed all copies have been destroyed?

Rubbish. Check this site which will tell you whether (most) UK tv series exist or not:

Lost UK TV Shows

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    name='nickgilbert']Rubbish. Check this site which will tell you whether (most) UK tv series exist or not:

Lost UK TV Shows

Thanks for the link - I also assumed The Hanged Man was lost.

Liked
    0 times
    Network DVD have announced its upcoming release in May 2010 - Nice!

Series details

Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Great news!!

Liked
    1 times
    I've had the soundtrack album for years - one of the classic collections of seventies library pieces which used to go for silly money.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    name='Daza']Network DVD have announced its upcoming release in May 2010 - Nice!

Series details

It's been a depressing week for deaths, and now I've found out James Aubrey has gone as well. We are desperately in need of some good news, therefore - and THIS IS IT!

Absolutely fantastic. I am a big fan of Colin Blakely and, as some of you will know, of the equally undervalued Gary Watson. It will be good to see Michael Williams - late husband of Dame Judi Dench - who I've somehow missed seeing in practically everything he's appeared in (I think Educating Rita might be the only one).

Another bonus is that The Hanged Man was written by Edmund Ward, who created The Main Chance and contributed scripts to two of my favourite TV series, The Power Game and Man in a Suitcase. That's good enough to convince me that it's Quality TV.

Many thanks to Daza for bringing this exciting information to us.

name='Lord Brett']I've had the soundtrack album for years - one of the classic collections of seventies library pieces which used to go for silly money.

Hello Lord Brett. Hugh uploaded a couple of "samples" at the thread of it's spin-off series:

Turtle's Progress

Included there are TVTimes articles I posted for both series. I regret not enlarging those for The Hanged Man and might try again here.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain vincenzo's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    name='Lord Brett']I've had the soundtrack album for years - one of the classic collections of seventies library pieces which used to go for silly money.

Same here. Released on the budget Contour label of all things.

One of the great funk soundtracks of TV, and easily Alan Tew (together with Bullet)'s finest moment.

Liked
    7 times
    The DVD has just gone through the BBFC now.

I too used to have the soundtrack of this.

Liked
    1 times
    name='vincenzo']Same here. Released on the budget Contour label of all things.

One of the great funk soundtracks of TV, and easily Alan Tew (together with Bullet)'s finest moment.

The entire score was taken from two of Alan Tew's library music records, and many of these tunes used to turn up in shows as diverse as The Two Ronnies (the Charlie Farley and Piggy Malone theme), Crossroads and Prisonaer Cell Block H.

Apparently the music was very popular with club DJs for a while, which is why prices went through the roof - I probably didn't pay more than a quid for mine!

Liked
    0 times
    Fantastic news, thank you, Network. I'll defintely be picking this one up when it's released. :)

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Welcome back, blacknorth. I still can't believe it. This will actually be the most 'recent' appearance I'll have of my 'beloved' Gary Watson - 35 years ago.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi cornershop, hope you're keeping well. I'll watch for Watson when I'm viewing this - name is familiar but I can't put a face to it.

Network are doing great work - recently picked up The Guardians and A Kind of Loving sets. :)

Senior Member Country: Great Britain vincenzo's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    name='Lord Brett']The entire score was taken from two of Alan Tew's library music records, and many of these tunes used to turn up in shows as diverse as The Two Ronnies (the Charlie Farley and Piggy Malone theme), Crossroads and Prisonaer Cell Block H.

Apparently the music was very popular with club DJs for a while, which is why prices went through the roof - I probably didn't pay more than a quid for mine!

The main theme (best known today as The Detectives) later turned up on vol 1 of the essential lounge compilation The Sound Gallery.