Thread: Bees and Ants.

Liked
    0 times
    Two films seen on TV way back - circa 1979-81. The first had a swarm of bees. At the end of the film they are attracted to a VW Beetle driven by a woman into a cold storage area? and kept there until they die of cold - except one, which the camera lingers on during the closing credits. The second was in a luxury hotel invaded by an army of ants. One scene has a boy mucking around in a skip and ( if I remember rightly )getting covered in ants.

Senior Member Country: UK Freddy's Avatar
    Liked
    243 times
    Could the BEE movie be Swarm with Michael Caine, who surely did that one for the money. Awful film saved only by great one liners.

Freddy

Liked
    0 times
    No, certainly not that one.

Liked
    151 times
    Not The Deadly Bees?

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    name='kevinfl']Two films seen on TV way back - circa 1979-81. The first had a swarm of bees. At the end of the film they are attracted to a VW Beetle driven by a woman into a cold storage area? and kept there until they die of cold - except one, which the camera lingers on during the closing credits.
    I must admit I thought that was The Swarm too. Whatever film it was, the 'cold storage area' was an American 'Superdome' sports stadium.

The second was in a luxury hotel invaded by an army of ants.
    Charlton Heston wasn't in that one as well was he?NAKED JUNGLE-Pictures, Info, VHS, DVD & Posters found HERE!

Liked
    0 times
    Yes - it was a sports centre. I remember now. The closeup of the bee showed it on a seat.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi

The bee film you want is the savage bees 1976 and the other film is called ants also known as it happened at lakewood manor 1977.

I pm'd you for your email address by the way but you didn't provide it.

hh

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the info. Can't give out email address to strangers. Didn't your parents warn you about stranger danger?. I was warned over thirty years ago and still have nightmares now!.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi.

Yes I was warned about stranger danger. I'm not a stalker or anything, yikes don't flatter yourself. Does my feedback not count for anything.

hh

Liked
    0 times
    I remember the scene in the ants movie where they swarm out of the sink and kill the chef.

I seem to recall they also crossed a river on leaves towards the end.

I also saw the Savage Bee's, not to be confused with the swarm. There was also a tarantula movie out around the same time, where they lured all the spiders into a wearhouse using all this scented fruit and then had them dropped them into bowls of acid by men wearing protective suits using tweezers. Oh the joys of the 70's films.

Liked
    4 times
    I regularly email and receive emails from Helen, she's lovely. So, do not be afeared of the stranger danger.

Sadly, we haven't gotten round to trading any tapes yet as I still only have the one video and no DVD recorder!! Doesn't look likely to change in the next year or so, either- working for practically zilch money yet again. If anybody has a freebie, on the other hand, you know where to send it...