Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone know if this film is available at all?

PeterJ

Senior Member Country: Scotland julian_craster's Avatar
    Liked
    103 times
    This is a well known 'lost film'.......I would be *very* suspicious if anybody claims to have it !

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='julian_craster']This is a well known 'lost film'.......I would be *very* suspicious if anybody claims to have it !

But we can always hope

BTW, if you want to know what it's about, check the story as it was given in a 1943 copy of Pictureshow magazine.

It certainly sounds like a good one, which makes it all the more frustrating that it's missing

Steve

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    'Lost' films do still turn up....a rather fine mid '30's British film is about to emerge from obscurity with a big splash, perhaps this year, but I've been sworn to secrecy.

Liked
    0 times
    If you tell us will you have to kill us?

PeterJ

Liked
    7 times
    No, but someone might well kill me...

Liked
    151 times
    name='penfold']No, but someone might well kill me...

You damn tease, I take it this is in the mits of the BFI and being restored?

Liked
    7 times
    name='DB7']You damn tease, I take it this is in the mits of the BFI and being restored?

You'd be wrong....when it's safe I'll let you know.

Liked
    0 times
    pray tell old chap why can't these films be put on ,TV . at least ??.........

Liked
    418 times
    name='mark windley']pray tell old chap why can't these films be put on ,TV . at least ??.........

Well with Squadron Leader X it's because nobody has a copy

There are rumours that it was shown some years ago on TCM (US) and that there's a copy in Ted Turner's TCM library. But they are just rumours.

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    That could be right. It was released in the USA through RKO Radio Pictures and I think TCM owns the rights to these. Maybe we could petition Ted Turner and let him know theres a market for it. I wonder why the British TCM can't it? They have a very limited library here.

PeterJ

Liked
    418 times
    name='PeterJ']That could be right. It was released in the USA through RKO Radio Pictures and I think TCM owns the rights to these. Maybe we could petition Ted Turner and let him know theres a market for it. I wonder why the British TCM can't it? They have a very limited library here.

PeterJ

All the other TCMs are quite limited in what they can access and thus what they can show. Some of us have tried individual emails to Ted and to TCM (US) about this film, but maybe a concerted campaign could wake them up - or at least let us know if they have it

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    I chat to a chap in Australia who knows a lot about the doings of Ralph Smart. I casually referenced this link a few weeks ago, which I had casually browsed my way into one day:

Crime Unlimited (1935)

He was so excited! He had never managed to see, or find 'Crime Unlimited', and had assumed it was a lost film! I'm not sure where he goes from here though...

I think he was mainly happy to know it existed, even if only Ted can ever watch it.

Liked
    418 times
    name='Moor Larkin']I chat to a chap in Australia who knows a lot about the doings of Ralph Smart. I casually referenced this link a few weeks ago, which I had casually browsed my way into one day:

Crime Unlimited (1935)

He was so excited! He had never managed to see, or find 'Crime Unlimited', and had assumed it was a lost film! I'm not sure where he goes from here though...

I think he was mainly happy to know it existed, even if only Ted can ever watch it.

Lost films do turn up sometimes, or were never really lost, just mislaid

That's why, when the BFI did a big project on them they called it "Missing, Believed Lost"

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    maybe oneday we shall get lucky and they will be released .. all these so called

lost films .......

Liked
    7 times
    name='Moor Larkin']I chat to a chap in Australia who knows a lot about the doings of Ralph Smart. I casually referenced this link a few weeks ago, which I had casually browsed my way into one day:

Crime Unlimited (1935)

It was broadcast in the US last month...which means someone will have a copy on a domestic format...

Liked
    0 times
    thats good to know it wos shown in the . US. last month will haft to have a look

a round ......

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    name='penfold']It was broadcast in the US last month...which means someone will have a copy on a domestic format...
    Well it would be nice to think so........ but where are all the Ralph Smart and Esmond Knight fans in America I wonder?

Liked
    0 times
    just waiting for a reply from a cupple of contacts about this film i very much hope we are lucky to find this film.... mw...

Liked
    0 times
    IMB refers to this as a lost film.However 5 people have given it a rating,2 of whom are in their 30s or 40s.This is very curious since they could not have seen the film on its original release.So maybe somewhere out there someine has a print.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast