Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked
    1 times
    Ooooh, this is vague.................

From the lates 70s or the 80s. Can't recall if it was a one off or a series. All I can recall is it ends with a female British Agent, Noor Inyat Khan - 'Madeline' (?), being led to a firing squad and being made to kneel in front of the firing squad, because, as the officer tells her, 'It is merely more efficient'.

If I recall, the German officer is a regular is such progs, scarred face.......

I've tried IMBD, Google, now I'm trying the experts...................

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    There was a Timewatch episode about her ...

BBC - History - Noor Inayat Khan: Life of a Spy Princess

Bats.

Liked
    1 times
    Nah, wasn't that Bats.

The German actor has a scarred face and very often plays Nazi officers in 70s TV and Films but I can't remember his name, if I had that I could try IMBD again.....................

Senior Member Country: England Harbottle's Avatar
    Liked
    92 times
    name='Harleybloke']Nah, wasn't that Bats.

The German actor has a scarred face and very often plays Nazi officers in 70s TV and Films but I can't remember his name, if I had that I could try IMBD again.....................

Hans Meyer perhaps?

Liked
    255 times

Peter Carsten ???

Bats.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='Harleybloke']Ooooh, this is vague.................

From the lates 70s or the 80s. Can't recall if it was a one off or a series. All I can recall is it ends with a female British Agent, Noor Inyat Khan - 'Madeline' (?), being led to a firing squad and being made to kneel in front of the firing squad, because, as the officer tells her, 'It is merely more efficient'.

If I recall, the German officer is a regular is such progs, scarred face.......

I've tried IMBD, Google, now I'm trying the experts...................

Well unless it was Carve Her Name With Pride (where they weren't made to kneel) then it wasn't based on a real agent. The only other film based on the life of a real female SOE agent was Odette, and she was one of the few who survived.

Apart from the very good Timewatch piece that Bats mentioned there hasn't been much done about Princess Noor.

So I think it was almost certainly a fictional drama, not based on an actual agent. There are still many of those brave ladies where nobody has any real knowledge of how they died. The focus is usually on Violette, Noor & Odette because they were awarded the GC.

Steve

Liked
    1 times
    Yep! It's Hans Meyer.

It was quite accurate as when Noor and Violette & her colleagues were executed, all were made to kneel.

It was Han Meyer.............I think..................I'll IMBD again....

You're possibly right though Steve that it was a story about a 'Composite' agent.

Thanks Guys!!

Liked
    418 times
    name='Harleybloke']Yep! It's Hans Meyer.

It was quite accurate as when Noor and Violette & her colleagues were executed, all were made to kneel.

It was Han Meyer.............I think..................I'll IMBD again....

You're possibly right though Steve that it was a story about a 'Composite' agent.

Thanks Guys!!

Nobody is sure exactly how Violette (and Lillian Rolfe & Denise Bloch) actually died. None of the witnesses survived. The closest is the people who saw them being led to their execution.

Noor was held in chains because she'd escaped a couple of times. The stories about her final hours are a bit confused but it seems she was badly beaten, raped and then shot in the head along with 3 other female SOE agents. Not a very nice ending for a peace-loving lady.

Steve

Senior Member Country: Europe
    Liked
    0 times
    Surely "The Spy Princess" was only aired on BBC2 last year. Harleybloke mentioned the 70's I could check my recording later to determine a date.

These people were the bravest of the brave

Liked
    255 times
    name='Frank63']Surely "The Spy Princess" was only aired on BBC2 last year. Harleybloke mentioned the 70's I could check my recording later to determine a date.

These people were the bravest of the brave

I realised that .... I mentioned it in case Harleybloke hadn't seen it.

Bats.

Senior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    15 times
    (deleted)

Liked
    1 times
    name='Steve Crook']Nobody is sure exactly how Violette (and Lillian Rolfe & Denise Bloch) actually died. None of the witnesses survived. The closest is the people who saw them being led to their execution.

Noor was held in chains because she'd escaped a couple of times. The stories about her final hours are a bit confused but it seems she was badly beaten, raped and then shot in the head along with 3 other female SOE agents. Not a very nice ending for a peace-loving lady.

Steve

They were made to kneel, It's in the Vera Atkins biography, she got a confession from the SS guards who carried out the executions. It's also a fantastic book, 'A life in Secrets'.

Liked
    1 times
    Oh!

And maybe it wasn't Hans Meyer...............

IMDB didn't throw up a likely title.....................

Senior Member Country: United States TimR's Avatar
    Liked
    29 times
    name='Harleybloke']They were made to kneel, It's in the Vera Atkins biography, she got a confession from the SS guards who carried out the executions. It's also a fantastic book, 'A life in Secrets'.

Yes, it is. Absolutely stunning book. The courage of those women was extraordinary, and many of their deaths were terrible.

Senior Member Country: Europe
    Liked
    0 times
    name='TimR']Yes, it is. Absolutely stunning book. The courage of those women was extraordinary, and many of their deaths were terrible.

Thats why we should NEVER forget them.

Liked
    1 times
    name='TimR']Yes, it is. Absolutely stunning book. The courage of those women was extraordinary, and many of their deaths were terrible.

It makes chilling reading, Violette and the other 2, walking that long walk around the camp to their end. Lillian Rolfe & Denise Bloch on stretchers as they were too weak to walk. All 3 made to kneel and poor Violette the last to be shot.

Exceptional women and as Frank says, we should never forget the sacrifice they made. I doubt in their position, I would have met that fate with courage & dignity.

Total respect!

Liked
    255 times
    name='Harleybloke']

Exceptional women and as Frank says, we should never forget the sacrifice they made. I doubt in their position, I would have met that fate with courage & dignity.

Total respect!

Well said, Harley!

Bats.

Liked
    418 times
    I'm always struck by the line in the R.J. Minney book Carve Her Name With Pride when he mentions young Violette celebrating her 12th birthday - "Half her life was already over".

At the opening of the museum in Herefordshire there were a few thousand people there. Many of them wearing special forces berets and row upon row of medals. But there wasn't a dry eye in the place, especially when they unveiled the sign on the door: "Violette Szabo. Her Name Carved With Pride"

Steve

Liked
    1 times
    name='Steve Crook']I'm always struck by the line in the R.J. Minney book Carve Her Name With Pride when he mentions young Violette celebrating her 12th birthday - "Half her life was already over".

At the opening of the museum in Herefordshire there were a few thousand people there. Many of them wearing special forces berets and row upon row of medals. But there wasn't a dry eye in the place, especially when they unveiled the sign on the door: "Violette Szabo. Her Name Carved With Pride"

Steve

Awesome! So simple too.

Liked
    1 times
    Great thread chaps but it hasn't got me my answer and you lot are my experts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast