Liked
    0 times
    First of all, 'Hi all!'. I stumbled upon this forum today and there seem to be a lot of like-minded people here so I decided to join.

There are a couple of old TV progs I'd love to see again and hope someone can put a name to them from my descriptions:

The first was a short serial about a holiday romance. ISTR that it started at a UK airport and the couple went their separate ways having met on holiday. One lived in London and the other up North. The serial follows their attempts to meet up.

The second was a comedy about two very different families. The opening credits showed a violin followed by a guitar and other 'pairs' that represented upper class and working class objects. I can't remember how, but the 'working class' family ended living with the other family.

TIA

JustColl

Liked
    0 times
    Hi JustColl,

Could the second one have been "3 up.2 Down,with Michael Elphick and Angela Thorne?

Liked
    0 times
    second one reminds me of "never the twain" with windsor davis(i think)

1st one,"watching" maybe

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    The holiday romance sounds like See you Friday

Senior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    1 times
    Could the first one be 'Butterflies' (1978) starring Wendy Craig?

Dave.

Liked
    0 times
    name='CaptainWaggett']The holiday romance sounds like See you Friday

Wow! Thanks Cap'n, that's it.

I wonder if they released a DVD?

Liked
    0 times
    name='egbert nosh']second one reminds me of "never the twain" with windsor davis(i think)

1st one,"watching" maybe

Thanks, but it wasn't 'Never the Twain'.

I'm pretty sure it was made in the 1990's. The son in the UC family was a bit odd and there is a romance between him and a girl from the WC family. I think he dies in the end. Also I think one of them goes to cook for the family.

It's all very hazy!

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    Could it have been Rich Tea and Sympathy which was a Friday night comedy-drama rather than a sitcom? The hilarious twist was that the posh family voted Labour. All set round a biscuit factory, I think.

Liked
    0 times
    name='CaptainWaggett']Could it have been Rich Tea and Sympathy which was a Friday night comedy-drama rather than a sitcom? The hilarious twist was that the posh family voted Labour. All set round a biscuit factory, I think.

Thanks, but that's not it.

I *do* like being called 'junior' member at my age. How many posts do I get to make before I grow up?