Thread: old farmhouse

Senior Member Country: UK rose ellen's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    Can anybody tell me what this film is called.I am almost sure it is British and I think it was from the seventies.A girl goes to an old farmhouse to stay with her sister and when she arrives she can`t find her sister anywhere.She appears to be in danger and thinks something bad has happened to her sister.I think this film was on tv quite a lot around the mid seventies but I haven`t seen it for years.

Senior Member Country: Scotland lostintown's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    This reminds me of an episode of "Thriller" a 70's series, It was called "Won't write home, Mom- I'm dead!" Great title!

There's a link here.

THRILLER by Brian Clemens

Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for your help but I am sure it was a film.I saw it a few times in the mid to late seventies.

Liked
    0 times
    name='rose ellen']Can anybody tell me what this film is called.I am almost sure it is British and I think it was from the seventies.A girl goes to an old farmhouse to stay with her sister and when she arrives she can`t find her sister anywhere.She appears to be in danger and thinks something bad has happened to her sister.I think this film was on tv quite a lot around the mid seventies but I haven`t seen it for years.

It reminds me of City Of The Dead (aka Horror Hotel) where a girl goes in search of her sister in a spooky, misty village. It's all about witchcraft and that sort of caper and also stars Christopher Lee. It's a great movie anyway. Sorry if it's not the one. It used to get shown on TV occasionally ages ago. It's available on DVD now under the HH title.

Liked
    0 times
    It reminds me of the 1971 film Dulcima with John Mills and Carol White.

She goes to his farm as a domestic help though.. don't think it has any thing sinister about a sister though...

Liked
    1 times
    It wasn`t either of those films.It was more of a thriller than a horror.I don`t remember much else about it but I think the sister had been murdered.I seem to remember a stalker and it may have turned out to be a policeman who came to help or I could be mixing it up with another film I saw around the same time.

Senior Member Country: UK Joe Fraguela's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    name='rose ellen']It wasn`t either of those films.It was more of a thriller than a horror.I don`t remember much else about it but I think the sister had been murdered.I seem to remember a stalker and it may have turned out to be a policeman who came to help or I could be mixing it up with another film I saw around the same time.

Shades of And Soon The Darkness from 1970 starring Pamela Franklin, Sandor Eles and Michele Dotrice

Liked
    1 times
    It wasn`t And soon the darkness as I have got that one and watched it recently.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain CALF28's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    It's not from the 1970s but you certainly could have seen it then. 'Find the Lady' 1956 with Mervyn Johns.

Liked
    1 times
    I just looked up Find The Lady and it isn`t that either.As far as I can remember the people in it had 70s type clothes or could have been late 60`s.

Liked
    80 times
    Rose Ellen,

The date of this is out by a decade but Murder Elite (1986) starred Billie Whitelaw and Ali MacGraw as sisters. I think Billie Whitelaw runs a stud farm and Ali comes over to visit her after many years of residing in the States, plus there is a serial killer on the loose!

This is the best synopsis I could find:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Murder-Elite-VHS-Ali-MacGraw/dp/6300261832]Amazon.com: Murder Elite [VHS][/ame]

I did see it once some years ago, but can't remember it very well. Don't think it was very good, though!

E.

Liked
    1 times
    Thank you for trying to help with this Euryale but it isn`t Murder Elite.I found out from an old diary that it was Murder,Mystery and Suspense but when I tried to get more information it didn`t mention that particular one si I still haven`t found it.