Liked
    0 times
    Apologies if on reflection this thread brings to mind a mediocre episode of Give Us A Clue with Lionel Blair haplessly trying to paint pictures without words.

I remember watching this said drama on TV when I was just a kid. It was broadcast around the mid 1990's on either BBC1 or ITV, I can't remember which.

The Plot:

It starts in summer with a group of young individuals driving out in the country. They arrive at a big old country house with lots of private land around it. I'm not sure whether the building was derelict or if one of the group members had access to the house for the summer. Anyway, they spend a good few weeks at this house drinking and playing loud music, but something happens and a girl ends up dead. I think the death was an accident. The group are somewhat torn between what to do. To cut a long story very short, they bury the girl's body and swear never to tell. I believe it ends with one (or maybe all) of the group members returning to the house some years later to try and get over their guilt.

I'm afraid I can't offer anymore. I thought it might have been called The Summer House, but I can't find anything under this title name so I guess it wasn't. Does anyone think they might know what this drama is?

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Is it 'A Fatal Inversion' from 1992?

Liked
    0 times
    On first glance I didn't think so, but after reading the plot to A Fatal Inversion, I think it is. It sounds too much like it not to be.

Thanks.

Liked
    0 times
    name='nandywell']Apologies if on reflection this thread brings to mind a mediocre episode of Give Us A Clue with Lionel Blair haplessly trying to paint pictures without words.

I remember watching this said drama on TV when I was just a kid. It was broadcast around the mid 1990's on either BBC1 or ITV, I can't remember which.

The Plot:

It starts in summer with a group of young individuals driving out in the country. They arrive at a big old country house with lots of private land around it. I'm not sure whether the building was derelict or if one of the group members had access to the house for the summer. Anyway, they spend a good few weeks at this house drinking and playing loud music, but something happens and a girl ends up dead. I think the death was an accident. The group are somewhat torn between what to do. To cut a long story very short, they bury the girl's body and swear never to tell. I believe it ends with one (or maybe all) of the group members returning to the house some years later to try and get over their guilt.

I'm afraid I can't offer anymore. I thought it might have been called The Summer House, but I can't find anything under this title name so I guess it wasn't. Does anyone think they might know what this drama is?

Yes that's the one - 'A Fatal Inversion' and very good it was too. Would like to see that again myself

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your help chaps or chapettes.

Liked
    0 times
    God, I remember that, it was really creepy!

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    A Fatal Inversion was written by Ruth Rendell but under the name of Barbara Vine,quite a few under that name too.

A Dark Adapted Eye (1994) (TV)

Gallowglass (1993) (TV)

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for saving me a lot of time,

I was going to ask if anyone knew the name to this Drama..

The OP summarised the plot better than I ever would have.

also shows the benefit of searching for an answer before asking .

Sorry for dragging it up again..

Senior Member Country: UK eyeloveTV's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    A fatal inversion. I've just finished watching this on DVD. A great three part serial by the BBC that is still enjoyable today. Great atmosphere that reminds me of long hot English summers; remember those ! . Worth getting off eBay if you can.

eyeloveTV