Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    GRAEME
    Can anyone think why Dennis Waterman might have name-checked this fluick so pointedly during a visit to a film studio during the Shadow Play episode of last year's New Tricks (repeated yesterday)?

It feels like an in-joke, but I can find no connections.

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAEME
    Can anyone think why Dennis Waterman might have name-checked this fluick so pointedly during a visit to a film studio during the Shadow Play episode of last year's New Tricks (repeated yesterday)?

It feels like an in-joke, but I can find no connections.

Maybe because his old mate Patrick Mower was in it, or perhaps it's a favourite of his.

Senior Member Country: UK Joe Fraguela's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GoggleboxUK
    One of my favourite Hammer movies also, Greene was dubbed because his American accent was so bad.
    I didn't think that Leon Greene was American? I have to say I much prefer Patrick Allen's dubbing of Leon Greene's voice. I have the Anchor Bay Region 1 DVD release of this film and there is a very good commentary provided by Christopher Lee and Sarah Lawson.

Member Country: Canada
    Liked
    0 times
    It's one of my favorites, too. A few months ago I was lucky enough to find the Anchor Bay twofer with Rasputin: The Mad Monk.

Liked
    0 times
    how much did it cost make the film.and how much did it make at the box office? cheers.

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tonboy
    how much did it cost make the film.and how much did it make at the box office? cheers.
    Well, it cost �285,000 but I don't know how much it made. It was successful, however.

GRAEME
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fraguela View Post
    I didn't think that Leon Greene was American? I have to say I much prefer Patrick Allen's dubbing of Leon Greene's voice.
    Why not just cast Allen?

Leon Greene is called English on Wiki and was born in Australia according to IMDB. Anyone know why he was dubbed? He had a perfectly fine (British) heroic voice in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum...

Senior Member Country: Australia wadsy's Avatar
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GRAEME View Post
    Why not just cast Allen?

Leon Greene is called English on Wiki and was born in Australia according to IMDB. Anyone know why he was dubbed? He had a perfectly fine (British) heroic voice in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum...
    Yes it's a puzzle to me as well. Leon Greene is mentioned as being an opera singer (Sadlers Wells company I think). Nothing wrong with his own voice!

Member Country: England Blackhall Rocks....'s Avatar
    Liked
    6 times
    Was his speaking voice dubbed in AFTHOTWTTF as well?

He is a bit enigmatic, given his promising start in 60s films.

Maybe he worked mainly in musicals & theatre, because his TV & film work drifted into very lightweight stuff.

In later films he did, like 'The Squeeze' and 'Adventures of A Plumbers Mate', he had only brief roles and spoke with a hint of an Aussie accent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123