Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked
    0 times
    Tony, one further thing. Please conract CLIVE HURST and check out all he has to say on his excellent website: www.anactor.net This website is full of useful and very carefully put together info for new people to this business. For your info Tony, Clive is an EQUITY council member, and has been fighting our corner for a number of years. Hope this helps.

I hope the Moderator doesn't mind me putting Clive's details on the page.

Super Moderator Country: Scotland
    Liked
    27 times

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='kelp']Tony, one further thing. Please conract CLIVE HURST and check out all he has to say on his excellent website: www.anactor.net This website is full of useful and very carefully put together info for new people to this business. For your info Tony, Clive is an EQUITY council member, and has been fighting our corner for a number of years. Hope this helps.

Excellent site. There have always been scams in The Biz but it seems to be getting worse.

Senior Member Country: England harryfielder's Avatar
    Liked
    51 times
    name='kelp']Tony, one further thing. Please conract CLIVE HURST and check out all he has to say on his excellent website: www.anactor.net This website is full of useful and very carefully put together info for new people to this business. For your info Tony, Clive is an EQUITY council member, and has been fighting our corner for a number of years. Hope this helps.

I spoke to Clive and he's looked at this thread... Nice guy....

Aitch,

Liked
    0 times
    As promised here is what happend with the "audition". After an hours drive, looking for the dam place I arrived at the address given. It was an industrial estate, in full swing. With no signs to guide me to the correct area and feeling a fool asking several workmen for directions and only drawing blank expressions I gave up.

I dont like failing so when I got home I contacted "the man in charge" explaining the situation. He has replied to my mail. There hasn't beeen any mention of me paying anything, at any stage of communication, this is a good thing right? I wasn't doing an auditionn for a part per se. I was trying to (maybe succeed, or maybe not) get in as a coordinator for some of the fight scences. When I was offered the chance to go for a part I grasped it, but it slipped away from me and now with the aid of a video I may have what I originally set out for.

I guess there will be potential pitfalls in this area as well, what should I look out for?

As always thanks for your help and the website, which I have taken a good look at. Is there any good agancies you can reccomend I join?

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    What experience do you have of stunt work or fight coordination?

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    I have coordinated/partaken in several stage performaces

Liked
    0 times
    name='harryfielder']Stars In My Eyes - audition & entertainment opportunity portal

I looked at this site and wondered how they make thier money ?

Now I don't want to turn Tony (or anyone else) from going in the biz but I learned years ago that there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Another scam is the auditions for extras normally held at a hotel.

An old boy I know who works at Asda told me that he had an audition at a hotel (he found the ad in a local paper) and they told him if he paid a joining fee (it included a photo session) of �150 they could get him a couple of days work a week (at �100 per day) as an extra on a top soap. HE PAID.

NEVER PAY MONEY TO GO TO WORK,,,THEY PAY YOU....

Here endeth the lesson...

Aitch,

I learned that if you get told to go to a hotel and to be expected you to pay a fee upfront is a con.I once went to what i thought was a legit modelling agency at a hotel,and they asked me to pay a fee.I had some photos taken,and they seemed genuine as the photos were very good,and surprise surprise,i never heard from them again.So it taught me a lesson.I wanted to do modelling for catalogues and magazines,e.t.c,aswell as acting.

Liked
    0 times
    Re all the above. I think that tony09 should have the message by now. It really is very clear. An agent will only consider you if you have a track record. So forget looking for an agent. Instead look at getting some experience, perhaps in amateur dramatics, perhaps your local group. See if you enjoy the world of theatre. Then, if you find it is all you expected, look at joining a school that actually teaches you the part of the business you want to go into, eg stunt work or fight arranging. Simply put....their ain't no easy way into any part of this business. That is exactly why these SCAM agencies survive, they trade on peoples dreams of fame. Until the DTI get some teeth and actually punish them, they will go on taking money from gullible people who just want to be on the telly!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12