Thread: Three and Out

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    2 times
    anyone seen the trailers for this upcoming film ? talk about bad taste ,that geeky fellow from the office seems to have a knack for picking dreadful films [ sex lives of the potato men ] i wish them luck but i reckon theyll get a similar critical review and box office takings

Liked
    0 times
    Hey.. a chance to attend the world premiere of �Three and Out� in Leicester Square on 21st April..just turn up in your best glitzy attire!

Three and Out - Madame JoJo Glitz and Glam

YouTube - Three and out - glitz and glam Madame JoJo

X

Liked
    0 times
    Lots of "Three and Out" footage here!

YouTube - Three and Out - Funny Interviews

X

Liked
    0 times
    Just found another clip of how far people would go for 10 years pay!

Exactly how far would you go to change your life��romp naked and legless at a football match??

Check out these responses�.very very hilarious!

Senior Member Country: Scotland julian_craster's Avatar
    Liked
    103 times
    BBC NEWS

Tuesday, 22 April 2008

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Crook defends film on red carpet

Crook defends film on red carpet

Actor Mackenzie Crook was confronted by train drivers outside the UK premiere of his new film Three and Out at Leicester Square in London.

Drivers' union Aslef is angry that the comedy film is based around a London tube driver who seeks a suicidal person to run over so he can get compensation.

As Crook stood on the red carpet, one protester shouted: "Is there any comedy in dying under a train?"

The star said: "Have you seen the movie - then you don't know what it's about."

The protester, who later declined to give his name, offered to accompany Crook into the cinema but Crook said he did not think he would be allowed.

Crook, best known for playing Gareth in the BBC comedy The Office, said he hoped people waited until they saw the film before they made up their minds.

'It is a comedy and it is a very funny comedy. It is a road movie about friendship and human emotions' Mackenzie Crook

As the drivers handed out leaflets to the waiting crowd, he said: "They are quite right to come down and point that someone falling under a train is distressing.

"But it does not dwell on those issues and it is not a controversial film. It is a comedy and it is a very funny comedy. It is a road movie about friendship and human emotions."

Another protester said he had suffered nightmares for six months after accidentally running someone down.

He said of the film: "To me this is treated lightly, it's the wrong subject."

Aslef's Steve Grant, said drivers who were unfortunate enough to hit someone often suffered flashbacks and were unable to do their jobs.

"We don't find the subject humorous at all," he said.

The film's distributor, Worldwide Bonus Entertainment, said the issues were "handled sensitively".

It added that filming was carried out in close co-operation with London Underground to ensure drivers could identify with the issues in the film.

"Given this, we fail to see why Aslef has chosen to voice its concerns now. In our view, Aslef's objections to the film effectively amounts to censorship."

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    1 times
    I thought that someone was slagging off Powell & Pressburger

Liked
    1 times
    I thought the Law had finally caught up with our own fair Crooky!

Liked
    0 times
    So I can't comment as I haven't actually seen it yet but this woman�s seen it and seems to think they really have got the wrong end of the stick: London Underground Tube Diary - Going Underground's Blog

The trailer seems funny to me... Three and Out - What would you do for 10 years pay?: Interviews video. Think I will go and see it and let you know the verdict. Anyone else have more info?

Liked
    0 times
    As long as it better than Sex lives of the potato men. But come to think of it anything is bound to be better than that. :)

Liked
    151 times
    name='julian_craster']

The star said: "Have you seen the movie - then you don't know what it's about."

I'd have to agree with Mr Crook. From what I gather two deaths are accidental and it's about the driver trying to persuade somebody to volunteer to be the third. It sounds pretty much in the tradition of black comedy.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='Harleybloke']I thought the Law had finally caught up with our own fair Crooky!

No relation (AFAIK)

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    There is so much uproar about this film in the press at the moment, just curious to know what people think?

I have found these clips and it does look quite funny..any thoughts?

MySpaceTV Videos: Three and Out Film Trailer (viral): Funny interviews by Three and Out

Three and Out - What Would You Do for 10 Years Pay?: Funny Inter Video - Metacafe

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    My first thought is .... what is your connection to this film Lucy? All your posts have been about it.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    Do we need quite so many threads on one film?

Senior Member Country: Albania
    Liked
    0 times
    It'll be interesting to see if Lucy Lou carries on posting here after the film has crashed and burned (probably a safe prediction given the generally dire reviews).

Or if she takes a break, only to pop up again when the DVD release is imminent.

Mind you, she's not quite as crunchingly unsubtle as those people who kept spamming for Nick Love's The Business a few years back - they were so persistent that the webmaster eventually had "The Business" electronically altered to "Sexy Beast", which created a few bizarre posts where "the business" was used in a different context (for instance, posts ended up as "If you're in Sexy Beast of...").

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Lucy Lu where, where, where. Is she gorgeous or what?

Ngek! The wrong one again.

Hooked off the line

Senior Member Country: Albania
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Cheeky Bob']It'll be interesting to see if Lucy Lou carries on posting here after the film has crashed and burned (probably a safe prediction given the generally dire reviews).

And, sure enough:

Three and Out, the Mackenzie Crook-starring comedy about a tube driver's search for someone to jump under his train, has failed to enter the UK box office top 10 in its first week of release. Figures from Screen International revealed that the film, which was plagued by train driver protests and bad publicity, only managed a paltry �189,454 to take 12th place.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    2 times
    what awful subject matter for a comedy ,its not surprising