Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone have a good copy of 'Where Has poor Mickey Gone?' (1964)? I realise only a truncated copy (minus the opening credits and initial nightclub scenes) is thought to exist but if someone has a good copy of what has survived I'd be grateful. Much to trade. Thanks

Senior Member Country: Scotland julian_craster's Avatar
    Liked
    103 times
    Now this is a rarity...........!

Even Euro London Films (who have much of the Compton archive) do not have it........

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    i have a copy of the short version, pm me if interested.

Liked
    0 times
    In the beginning Ottilie Patterson sings backed by Chris Barber's band and Sonny Boy Williamson, harmonica.

Can anybody help?

Senior Member Country: England DocRobertPepper's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times
    I have this somewhere PM me

Member Country: England
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi

I have a copy of this, Will send you Pm.

Steve..

Liked
    0 times
    Still searching for the full version with the Ottilie Patterson blues intro.

Liked
    0 times
    Wow, this brings back memories. My first job was with Walton Films (1966) who used to sell 8mm films & one of them was "Micky", I saw it quite a few times, it's a real little gem. It plays out like an English Twilight Zone with Warren Mitchell playing an old man, he must have been quite young, but then I'm sure he could play an old man when he was 15. I haven't seen it since 1967. As far as I know it's never been on the telly.

Liked
    7 times
    Is the short 38m version simply missing the first 15m odd of the film or are the cuts more systemic? (presumably this was cut for a re-release??)

The version I have of the short print starts off with the film's credits and then cuts in on the gang walking down a street where they encounter and mug a courting couple. Then there is an awkward splice and they are walking down the alleyway where they come across Warren Mitchell's shop.

Liked
    0 times

Senior Member Country: England wideboy's Avatar
    Liked
    3 times
    and on Talking Pictures TV on Sunday at 9.20pm, part of a package of interesting short films they've bought from the BFI.

Liked
    0 times
    be great if the full version got a proper release, specially in the light of the recent passing of Warren Mitchell.

Liked
    0 times
    I think a full print was found a few years ago In the hands of the cameraman (or someone associated with the film).He hadn't realised there would be interest in the film now until he saw a message on IMDB asking where it was.

Liked
    7 times
    The BFI library has the full dialogue script of the uncut version. In substance, there are two major cuts: SPOILERS

* the opening 10m or so of the film have been excised (starting off with the nightclub gig and then the thugs get evicted from the club - short version starts with them all together and walking down an alley)

* an epilogue in which the surviving thug brings the police back to Warren Mitchell's basement but Mitchell convinces the police that the missing boys have just gone away and then the police go away (at which point Mitchell starts laughing - footage kept in the short version via clever editing so that it seems he is laughing in response to the thug running away). This scene must last about 3-4m based on the dialogue script.

Liked
    2 times
    On again this Saturday (Nov 28th) at 10.25pm and again next Saturday (5th Dec) at 8.05pm on TPTV (Freeview 81, best picture; or Sky 343)

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello Britmovie fans:
    I saw this recently on Talking Pictures TV. The late John Malcolm plays Mickey, the leader of the group of yobbos.
    A very good friend of mine is John Malcolm's daughter, and I'd like to get hold of a copy of the film for her (but I don't have a DVD recorder).
    Renown Pictures said they don't sell it, and I can't I find it in the BFI shop or on Amazon etc.
    Can any help with a contact point to get a copy on DVD please?
    Many thanks,
    Rob

Liked
    2 times
    Rob - I recorded this film to my hard drive - I can make you a DVD if you still need one? PM me.

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crunchie View Post
    Rob - I recorded this film to my hard drive - I can make you a DVD if you still need one? PM me.
    Cheers Crunchie - I've just PM'd you :)